• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity: Was Athanasius Scripturally Right?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It was compiled from different sources/authors over many centuries (starting long after Moses lived). It's a historical and biblical fact. Where have you heard Moses wrote the books?
It was compiled from different sources/authors over many centuries (starting long after Moses lived). It's a historical and biblical fact. Where have you heard Moses wrote the books?
I am pretty certain Moses did not write every word in the first five books as we know them as organized today. (I know he did not write about his own death when it happened, also he didn't have chapters and verses there either.) But here is what Jesus said, another scripture follows in Romans:
(Luke 24:27) "And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself."
Romans 10:5. "Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: "The person who does these things will live by them."
Therefore, I conclude that Moses wrote much of what was compiled later.

YoursTrue

Nope. It’s directly telling you what would happen if you’re a sinner.

if you think it should be in the past tense, how about the ones who repent? It says the will live. Is that future too? And if it’s literal death the you as a person is gonna die and live again? How are you gonna repent after you die? And are you gonna come back to from death to live after repenting?

brother. This is basic bible studies.
Adam and Eve's death was final. They did not repent. They died, just as their Maker said they would.

YoursTrue

Nope. It’s directly telling you what would happen if you’re a sinner.

if you think it should be in the past tense, how about the ones who repent? It says the will live. Is that future too? And if it’s literal death the you as a person is gonna die and live again? How are you gonna repent after you die? And are you gonna come back to from death to live after repenting?

brother. This is basic bible studies.
Do you believe that a person can grow close to God? We are all 'sinners' in a certain sense. The only one that remained perfect in a sinless, blameless state throughout his lifetime was Jesus. No one else can take his place.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Not my wish. According to the scriptures, it was Adam's 'wish,' or desire that he die along with his wife, Eve. So -- have a good night. I say this with a gentle smile.

Thats perfectly fine with me. I am only stating orthodox Christian interpretation. So your disagreement is fine with me. This death when Hod associates it with a sin is a spiritual death or like saying “you’re dead to
Me”. This is classical Jewish commentary and of course Christian commentary. Just like in Ezekiel which is if this is physics death then god says repent and you will live is like a resurrection.

Anyway, you have all the derogation to deny this commentary. All good.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Do you believe that a person can grow close to God? We are all 'sinners' in a certain sense. The only one that remained perfect in a sinless, blameless state throughout his lifetime was Jesus. No one else can take his place.

Everyone has different beliefs. Belief statements are not valid but is preaching. Sorry brother but I am not interested. I am inly replying to this out of courtesy.

YoursTrue

Everyone has different beliefs. Belief statements are not valid but is preaching. Sorry brother but I am not interested. I am inly replying to this out of courtesy.
That's ok, thank you. Different beliefs, however, do not necessarily make truth. (Do they?) How many truths are there that may conflict with one another? For instance, either the earth is a planet in the universe or it is not. Either we are born with eternal souls or we are not. (Etc.)

YoursTrue

Thats perfectly fine with me. I am only stating orthodox Christian interpretation. So your disagreement is fine with me. This death when Hod associates it with a sin is a spiritual death or like saying “you’re dead to
Me”. This is classical Jewish commentary and of course Christian commentary. Just like in Ezekiel which is if this is physics death then god says repent and you will live is like a resurrection.

Anyway, you have all the derogation to deny this commentary. All good.
Classic Jewish commentary believes in a resurrection.

PearlSeeker

I am pretty certain Moses did not write every word in the first five books as we know them as organized today. (I know he did not write about his own death when it happened, also he didn't have chapters and verses there either.) But here is what Jesus said, another scripture follows in Romans:
(Luke 24:27) "And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself."
Romans 10:5. "Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: "The person who does these things will live by them."
Therefore, I conclude that Moses wrote much of what was compiled later.
There were different oral traditions before it was all written and combined (long after Moses). The books were later only traditionally ascribed to Moses (like in your examples).

SLPCCC

Yet the question, begs, do you think all the religions of the world are pleasing to God in their theology and in worship?

Like I said before I don't judge other people and/or their religion. However, I'm aware that there are destructive cults and others that are misleading. Those that break the law should be prosecuted by the law and God will be the final judge. I believe all we can do is educate ourselves and others. We have to be careful not to close our own minds and refuse to research outside of the box because of the belief that we are the only ones who are absolutely right. Jesus warned about people like these. How can you be absolutely sure you are right unless you are willing to free yourself from any possible mental bondage that you might be in?

SLPCCC

That's ok, thank you. Different beliefs, however, do not necessarily make truth. (Do they?) How many truths are there that may conflict with one another? For instance, either the earth is a planet in the universe or it is not. Either we are born with eternal souls or we are not. (Etc.)

You ask a lot of questions, YoursTrue. I try to keep up but it's not easy since I have to work. But let me ask you a question.

The earth being a planet in the universe is a fact. We know this because we can test it over and over and it will always prove true. One of the biggest ways to tell if a religion is teaching fact is by looking at their past history and teachings. Some religions have taught and predicted the end of the world which failed. How can you go on having faith in what they're teaching when their predictions have failed? They have gone back and forth on some of their other teachings. So, How can you go on having faith in what they teaching? If it walks like a duck (ex. makes false predictions) and talks like a duck (makes constant changes/errors) should not it be a duck (false teacher)? God gave us reason. He expects you to use it.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

There were different oral traditions before it was all written and combined (long after Moses). The books were later only traditionally ascribed to Moses (like in your examples).
Since there is no real verifiable evidence of any serious differences between what is now available for reading and what Moses actually wrote, I am pretty sure that Moses wrote much of what was happening, what happened, and the Jews kept those writings as well as they could.

YoursTrue

You ask a lot of questions, YoursTrue. I try to keep up but it's not easy since I have to work. But let me ask you a question.

The earth being a planet in the universe is a fact. We know this because we can test it over and over and it will always prove true. One of the biggest ways to tell if a religion is teaching fact is by looking at their past history and teachings. Some religions have taught and predicted the end of the world which failed. How can you go on having faith in what they're teaching when their predictions have failed? They have gone back and forth on some of their other teachings. So, How can you go on having faith in what they teaching? If it walks like a duck (ex. makes false predictions) and talks like a duck (makes constant changes/errors) should not it be a duck (false teacher)? God gave us reason. He expects you to use it.
Let me start by answering you this way. When the Jews left Egypt with Moses, mañy complained about being in the wilderness, they thought it would have been better if they stayed in Egypt. If I thought as at least one other here does, that the various churches have apostolic succession, I might join in with their worship and reasoning.