• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Texas Cop

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What I find most significant is that there was no illegal activity by the cops & no one was hurt.
And yet, this is major national news.
Contrast this with the frequent killings (both legit & otherwise) by cops.....
Killed By Police - 2015
This pool party fiasco just appears to be media obsession with trying to make hay with racism & anti-cop sentiment wherever possible.
NPR jumped onto the bandwagon yesterday with a piece about the evils of people having private pools.

BS I just looked it up on google its a derogatory term for black person, and you know it. Your post is absolutely full of racist BS you probably got it straight from FOX news.

According to the urban dictionary;

TOP DEFINITION

spade
A derogatory term for an African American, more commonly used in the post-Civil War era than today.
No you can't sit with me, you damn spade.
by tvh2k December 11, 2002
Add your own
10 WORDS RELATED TO SPADE
FYI.....
Here, "porch monkey" refers to partying (usually white) university students.
But you left out....
Boot lip
Moon cricket
Canadian

Last edited:

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
BS I just looked it up on google its a derogatory term for black person, and you know it. Your post is absolutely full of racist BS you probably got it straight from FOX news.

Signs called...the movie wants its tin foil hat back.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last I checked a spade is a derogatory white trash term for black person.
"White trash" is also a highly derogatory term.

We have a joke around here about the Tom Monaghan's (of Domino's fame) building a nunnery north of town.
A novice came to the Mother Superior's office to complain about workmen finishing up a new building.
Novice: Would you speak to them about their coarse language?
Mother: Sister, these men are the salt of the Earth. They simply call a spade a spade.
Novice: Oh, no....they call it a "f*****g shovel"!

Because it's such a common metaphor without reference to race, tis best to ask about the intent before presuming racism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
After the black man did not give them candy, the trick or treaters realized he was niggardly.
Controversies about the word "niggardly" - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On January 15, 1999, David Howard, an aide to Anthony A. Williams, the mayor of Washington, D.C., used "niggardly" in reference to a budget.[3] This apparently upset one of his black colleagues (Howard is white), identified by Howard as Marshall Brown, who misinterpreted it as a racial slur and lodged a complaint. As a result, on January 25 Howard tendered his resignation, and Williams accepted it.[4] However, after public pressure from LGBT individuals, an internal review into the matter was brought about, and the mayor offered Howard the chance to return to his position as Office of the Public Advocate on February 4.
What's fascinating about this incident is that Mr Howard got his job back because he's gay, & had the support of this competing disadvantaged group.

Marisa

Everyone is aware of the TX cop that got in trouble at the pool party.

Everyone is not aware of the entire story because the media edits video clips to spin a story and make it one sided. Here are the details:

The cops (there were around a dozen) were responding to a pool party that got out of hand. It was a neighborhood association type of deal, and the residents were only allowed so many guest passes. It was a diverse community, so there were black residents there as well. The problem jumped off when friends started calling friends and far too many people started showing up, climbing over the fences, etc. When asked to leave by security, the blacks that were not residents started acting in typical ghetto fashion. The police were called in....

I didn't read past this point for obvious reasons. I don't know what "typical ghetto fashion" is and I don't much like the racial implications such a phrase implies. :rolleyes:

Let me just sum my opinion up this way: I cannot come up with any reason to take a 14 year old baby of any particular color who is sitting on the ground (running her mouth, as children are wont to do) and pick her up only to fling her down again. Dirty Harry was on a power trip. Period. How dare these punk kids talk back to him! He's a &*#$%!# cop!

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I didn't read past this point for obvious reasons. I don't what "typical ghetto fashion" is and I don't much like the racial implications such a phrase implies. :rolleyes:

Let me just sum my opinion up this way: I cannot come up with any reason to take a 14 year old baby of any particular color who is sitting on the ground (running her mouth, as children are wont to do) and pick her up only to fling her down again. Dirty Harry was on a power trip. Period. How dare these punk kids talk back to him! He's a &*#$%!# cop!
That's unfair to Harry Callahan.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nope. Nope. Nope.
ETA: I'm surprised there's another actor in the great one's scene, as opposed to an empty chair.
:rolleyes:
I needed an excuse to post that video.
I've always loved the "personnel" routine.

Btw, the "empty chair" was brilliant, especially since it was extemporaneous.

Marisa

I needed an excuse to post that video.
I've always loved the "personnel" routine.

Btw, the "empty chair" was brilliant, especially since it was extemporaneous.
I suppose from a certain perspective it was. From another perspective, it was just another crazy old guy screaming "get off my lawn" at people. :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suppose from a certain perspective it was. From another perspective, it was just another crazy old guy screaming "get off my lawn" at people. :p
It's all in "how" one screams.
And of course he's crazy....he leans libertarian!