• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Texas Cop

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Everyone is aware of the TX cop that got in trouble at the pool party.

Everyone is not aware of the entire story because the media edits video clips to spin a story and make it one sided. Here are the details:

The cops (there were around a dozen) were responding to a pool party that got out of hand. It was a neighborhood association type of deal, and the residents were only allowed so many guest passes. It was a diverse community, so there were black residents there as well. The problem jumped off when friends started calling friends and far too many people started showing up, climbing over the fences, etc. When asked to leave by security, the blacks that were not residents started acting in typical ghetto fashion. The police were called in....

Officer Casebolt arrived with others, and as he was running up to the scene, he tripped and fell in front of the crowd. Not only did that embarrass him, but it also fueled his emotions. The girl that he forced to the ground was refusing to comply with his orders to leave, and when she started running her mouth, he went to arrest her for disorderly conduct. Yes he went overboard with a 90 lb. teenage girl. While he was dealing with her, two black males started to run up on him. It is at that point that he drew his pistol and pointed it at them, which in turn stopped their advance and forced them to run off. That is a justified reaction, whether you like it or not. He did not shoot and that needs to be remembered.

Did he let his emotions get the best of him? Yes.
Did he act unprofessionally part of the time? Yes.
Does he deserve to be reprimanded? Yes, but not fired. He has since resigned and has had death threats.

Did the blacks comply with the lawful order to leave the area? No.
Were they running their mouths and being disorderly? Yes.
Are the cops supposed to just walk away? No.

That whole situation was a recipe for disaster. The fact that only one incident out of the entire ordeal made headlines is a testament to how the police handled the situation rather well.

People need to stop judging cops with the Court of Public Opinion. Unless you have walked in their shoes, have ALL of the details, and know exactly what happened without the biased liberal media spin, you have no room to talk. ASSumptions are baseless.

In the end, if people would act right and respect others, we would not need the police.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Everyone is aware of the TX cop that got in trouble at the pool party.

Everyone is not aware of the entire story because the media edits video clips to spin a story and make it one sided. Here are the details:

The cops (there were around a dozen) were responding to a pool party that got out of hand. It was a neighborhood association type of deal, and the residents were only allowed so many guest passes. It was a diverse community, so there were black residents there as well. The problem jumped off when friends started calling friends and far too many people started showing up, climbing over the fences, etc. When asked to leave by security, the blacks that were not residents started acting in typical ghetto fashion. The police were called in....

Officer Casebolt arrived with others, and as he was running up to the scene, he tripped and fell in front of the crowd. Not only did that embarrass him, but it also fueled his emotions. The girl that he forced to the ground was refusing to comply with his orders to leave, and when she started running her mouth, he went to arrest her for disorderly conduct. Yes he went overboard with a 90 lb. teenage girl. While he was dealing with her, two black males started to run up on him. It is at that point that he drew his pistol and pointed it at them, which in turn stopped their advance and forced them to run off. That is a justified reaction, whether you like it or not. He did not shoot and that needs to be remembered.

Did he let his emotions get the best of him? Yes.
Did he act unprofessionally part of the time? Yes.
Does he deserve to be reprimanded? Yes, but not fired. He has since resigned and has had death threats.

That whole situation was a recipe for disaster. The fact that only one incident out of the entire ordeal made headlines is a testament to how the police handled the situation rather well.

People need to stop judging cops with the Court of Public Opinion. Unless you have walked in their shoes, have ALL of the details, and know exactly what happened without the biased liberal media spin, you have no room to talk. ASSumptions are baseless.

In the end, if people would act right and respect others, we would not need the police.
Why should we believe you?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

See, this could have been a decent post. But you don'goofed. How? Well first let's go with the where.

There

And

know exactly what happened without the biased liberal media spin, you have no room to talk
There.

Now, what is wrong here? One, whether you wanted to or not, you've made two blanket assessments, one relatively meh and one that undercuts your point by making you look like, well, the sort of person the country has had several incidents with lately.

"Did the blacks" is it, if you couldn't tell. I live in the south(Tennessee, born & raised), and I physically cringe when I see or hear someone say that. Instead of saying "the belligerents" or "the accused" or what have you, you went straight to "the blacks". Try replacing the descriptor there. "The Jews", "the Gypsies", "the Chinese", "the Catholics" ect ect.

This is part of why police are having such a hard time. They have to deal with the vermin in their ranks and then they have to do PR Control to distance themselves from people who nominally support the cops but every other word out of their mouth is some vague reference to one minority or another and how if they "just listened" there'd be no problems at all.

The 'meh' one is obviously the "liburul medias" thing. It's incredibly difficult to take someone seriously who suggests there's some kind of over-arching conspiracy against the "blue-collar 'murcan" and the conservatives they tend to associate with.

Also, an officer is expected to use the absolute amount of force required to settle a situation. Forcing a 90lb girl to the ground for what amounts to being an annoying ***** is not "least amount of force". Not when he already had backup there. At least two other officers were there. And this isn't even the first time this guy has been brought up for **** like this.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Last I checked a spade is a derogatory white trash term for black person.

Lyndon

Premium Member
BS I just looked it up on google its a derogatory term for black person, and you know it. Your post is absolutely full of racist BS you probably got it straight from FOX news.

According to the urban dictionary;

TOP DEFINITION

spade
A derogatory term for an African American, more commonly used in the post-Civil War era than today.
No you can't sit with me, you damn spade.
by tvh2k December 11, 2002
Add your own
10 WORDS RELATED TO SPADE

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Here are the details:
Oh..... goody goody...... !
The cops (there were around a dozen) were responding to a pool party that got out of hand.
............. 12 cops to a gatecrashed pool party......................... OK...... go on.
................................the blacks that were not residents started acting in typical ghetto fashion........
.......... I just checked this with my bigot-detector and it bust! Bigot detectors cost money....!
.................... he was running up to the scene, he tripped and fell in front of the crowd.
........ Was this a violent robbery, or a gatecrashed party?
Yes he went overboard with a 90 lb. teenage girl.
........ He acted like the school bully. The thick nasty school bully.
........... he drew his pistol and pointed it at them,........................He did not shoot and that needs to be remembered........
He did not throw grenades amongst the other bathers either........ this needs to be remembered as well. :D

Let me see.......... which is a better description for such an act, 'thick and sick' or 'sick and thick'?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
BS I just looked it up on google its a derogatory term for black person, and you know it. Your post is absolutely full of racist BS you probably got it straight from FOX news.

TOP DEFINITION

spade
A derogatory term for an African American, more commonly used in the post-Civil War era than today.
Add your own
Educate yourself before you make an even fool of yourself:

Lyndon

Premium Member
When it comes to making a fool of myself, I try not to compete with you!!

McBell

TOP DEFINITION

spade
Add your own
Congratulations!
YOU have the most racial slurs in the thread!!

McBell

When it comes to making a fool of myself, I try not to compete with you!!
You need no help from me to make a fool of yourself.
You are doing a fine job all by yourself.

Did you perhaps maybe take a look at the link that shows he is correct and you are flat out wrong?

Jumi

The girl who was assaulted in that video was part of the invited guests according to other sites.

Curious George

Veteran Member
You need no help from me to make a fool of yourself.
You are doing a fine job all by yourself.

Did you perhaps maybe take a look at the link that shows he is correct and you are flat out wrong?
The expression certainly is not racist, but word choice does matter.

On that list:
After the black man did not give them candy, the trick or treaters realized he was niggardly.

While playing in the game the other team took advantage of the Chinese players lack of skill at the American game: they exploited the chink in the armor.

After a quick swim the Mexican man had a wet back.

The group disapproved of the white man's joke: they decided they disapproved of this wisecracker.

The above are examples of words that without the racial intonation are not racist by themselves, but when used in conjunction with race become racially charged. I do not think the poster intentionally did this, but let us "call a spade a spade:" once pointed out, trying to defend it isn't very convincing.

McBell

The expression certainly is not racist, but word choice does matter.

On that list:
After the black man did not give them candy, the trick or treaters realized he was niggardly.

While playing in the game the other team took advantage of the Chinese players lack of skill at the American game: they exploited the chink in the armor.

After a quick swim the Mexican man had a wet back.

The group disapproved of the white man's joke: they decided they disapproved of this wisecracker.

The above are examples of words that without the racial intonation are not racist by themselves, but when used in conjunction with race become racially charged. I do not think the poster intentionally did this, but let us "call a spade a spade:" once pointed out, trying to defend it isn't very convincing.
I am not defending his word choice.
I am merely pointing out that those who wish to be offended will be offended.

Now to be fair about it, I will no longer comment on about it unless in a response, like this post to you.
The reason being that I am quite aware of the possibility that the saying is not well known do to fear of being labeled a racist by those who do not know about the phrase or are looking to be offended.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I am not defending his word choice.
I am merely pointing out that those who wish to be offended will be offended.

Now to be fair about it, I will no longer comment on about it unless in a response, like this post to you.
The reason being that I am quite aware of the possibility that the saying is not well known do to fear of being labeled a racist by those who do not know about the phrase or are looking to be offended.
I don't think the problem is in using the phrase, I think the problem is using the phrase in response for needlessly attributing disruptive behavior with all the black guests. I think the body of your posts decisively suggest you are not racist. I wasn't suggesting you were defending the ops use, I was suggesting he was defending it. Had you used the phrase in conjunction with making generalized statements about the black people at a party and someone called you out, I would imagine you would be diplomatic enough to see where they are coming from, and not jump to "that is not what it means."

While you may rightly point out that is not what it means, wouldn't you at least explain that you had not intended the association.

I imagine my response would include something to that effect. But other responses are far too reminiscent of children trying to say they were talking about female dogs or donkeys when everyone knows that is not what they meant.

I believe the op should be given the benefit of doubt and people jumping down his throat is absolutely unnecessary, however there is some responsibility regarding slips in word choice...and once he realized the association should have acknowledged it.