• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sun Is a Boy

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In Chinese mysticism the simplified version is that sun is boy moon is girl but in the complicated version nothing *is* anything because nothing is still and everything changes. So it's less about what it is and more about what it's doing.

A sun lighting up the world to see, so that you can run and push new boundaries is masculine. But the sun warming the soil to nurture seeds, to turn a light inward for self discovery is feminine.
The moon is powerful enough to change the ever-adapting water into fixed tides, but soft enough light without heat, find a secret path, and allow for rest and rejuvenation.

If everyone was a mountain, then everyone needed to acknowledge their own sunny and shadowed side. The feminine and masculine movement everyone needed to have to be balanced.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I asked my toddler the other night. He doesn't know any of these deities or tales, so I felt he could give an unbiased opinion.

After gazing at the moon, I asked him if it was a boy or girl. He paused and said "boy". I then questioned him on the sun. "Girl" he told me.