• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soul

Super Universe

Defender of God
Everlasting Sentient Energy. The God Fragment. The Soul.​

I posted this topic because YmirGF asked me to but honestly this is waaaay beyond what most of you will be able to accept. Take a deep breathe before you start.

All life forms of a certain state have the ability to host a soul. I do not know the exact set of genetics that allows a lifeform to host a soul. Animals can host souls but this is rare and is only done if the soul wishes to have that experience.

I do not believe that plants can host souls but I cannot say for sure. Certain genetics enable this ability. One day our science might just discover the specific genes that host a soul.

Disturbing is the realization that some humans cannot host souls. I believe the origin of this problem has something to do with the Lucifer rebellion but I would rather not go into more detail in this post. But know that this is true evil amongst us because these beings, these so called humans, have absolutely no internal controls. They have no conscience whatsoever.

Add to this the many people who ignore their conscience and you have the reason for the many problems we have on the earth. The influence of your conscience will diminish if you ignore it because it is obeying your choice.

Animals sense a connection to the earth that we do not. This is why they know that disasters are coming before they happen but they are not sentient or aware in the same sense that humans are. Yes I know they have their own personalities but you cannot have an intelligent discussion with an animal.

Sentient lifeforms born away from the earth sense a connection to God, they feel Him like a warm current that is ever present.

The human sense of God is purposely suppressed to give humans a greater sense of independance and free will. You can smash a beetle and know that God will not interfere. And you believe that God does not even know. It is your choice. Our sense of disconnection is the greatest in all the universe.

This means we are the latest and greatest new thing because God's children, whole pieces of Him, the souls, our true selves, flock here to inhabit the human form.

Through us they and God experience life as a material being. Let me say that again, God experiences LIFE as a material being. God is endless sentient energy. What does He know of living a mortal life where you can grow and evolve from a lowly child to a wise old man and then die?

What would God do if He were born a human but did not remember His true self? He might work at a restuarant or be a policeman, He might be an accountant or athlete, He might raise a family and want a new SUV.

We are not just God's children, we are God. Not this fallable, weak, fragile human
form, but us, our true self, the everlasting God fragment, the soul that resides inside this temporary host.

The human senses transmit information through the soul connection to God. He hears what you hear. He sees what you see. He smells the flowers and tastes freshly baked bread right along with you. God feels you touch a spouse and feels them as they touch you back. The total amount of information transmitted is... beyond imagination. The universe is small by comparison.

Souls are our true selves, the human form is temporary. We chose to come into the human form we are now in and we are acting in a complex movie where the universe is the set. We learn for seventy years or so then we move on.

This is why it is useless to blame God for our wrongs, it is God doing wrong against God. But He cannot tell His other selves to stop because He is committed to their learning in their material environment which is His way of evolving.

All life forms of a certain degree have their own unique personality. This is based on a formula. Numerology and Astrology has some of it down but their understanding is incomplete. But the good ones are pretty darned close. One even knew that I hated locks, I was amazed.

The personality is what we see as our independant self on the earth because the influence of our conscience is so slight. This personality can live any life it wishes and the soul will only be along for the ride.

But if this personality chooses to live a moral life then the soul fuses with that personality forever. If not, the unique personality and human form get one chance at a sentient life and after death the God fragment departs to find a new life experience.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
the soul is like a cranberry

evil_aahz.jpg

jesusboy666

I guess first of all...
Upon what do you base you bizarre theories. Do you have any imperical evidence?
I'm guessing that these are just weird theories. Why do you bring legitimate science(genetics) into a rambling set of opinions (your whole post).
If what you say is right then what hope do people really have. You are either born with the right genetics or you are not. I not reaching very far to draw a parallel. Hitler felt that certain people were born with godly genetics and that other people weren't. Can you honestly say that your theory is different than his??? Why don't you try some scientific fact. Or some true religion. Either one could do you some good.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Lets see, a serpent talks and convinces Adam and Eve to commit sin and for some reason God is not there and allows a serpent to not only talk but tempt Eve. And there's a tree with the knowledge of good and evil (a tree?) then God is pissed so He punishes the humans that He supposedly created but didn't watch over and then God drowns 99% of all life because He gets pissed again and then He tortures Job as a lesson but somehow He is a God of love?

And you think my theories are bizarre?

What part of everlasting soul do you not agree with? Maybe the part where they join with humans? Maybe the part about them leaving us after death? The part about them not normally joining with animals?

Science is a tool of God. There is no disagreement between God and science. God created the universe so how could there be? The ignorance lies with the religions who refute fact.

Why do you bring your opinions in to refute mine yet you provide no imperical evidence to disprove it?

Yes, I can honestly say that this so called 'theory' is greatly different than Hitlers.

Rather than insulting comparisons maybe you could go look for that evidence that disproves this whole thing? I know, maybe ask your preacher?

What hope do we have? You completely missed it. WE are not this human form. Is Charlize Theron the Monster or is she the beauty who we saw on stage accepting the Academy Award? Do you think she wants to be that monster forever? No, because it's not really her.

You so much want to be in this human body forever. Sorry, it's not gonna happen. Did you really think that you would live forever? After death your soul will leave and if you are lucky it will take your personality along for an incredible ride.

The beauty of the universe is that you don't have to accept anything. You can go back to your little box pasted with the insides of the Old Testament to protect you.

Why don't you go ask one of your great religious leaders why a good God allows bad things to happen? After thousands of years they still haven't got a clue.

Super Universe

Defender of God
How does a man attack and kill his beautiful wife while she is pregnant with his son just so he can go to another woman?

Then he sinks her body into the bay and checks back every few weeks to see if her body came up or not?

These things have no regret because without a conscience it's just not possible.

BTK? He is nothing like me. He is inhuman. There is no doubt in my mind. It just depends on your definition of humanity.

lunamoth

Will to love
Buttons* said:
the soul is like a cranberry

evil_aahz.jpg

Aaaarrrrghhhh! More nightmares!

Wait a minute, I thought the soul was like a cupcake.

Sister luna

lunamoth

Will to love
Super Universe, I respectfully disagree. We do not 'host' souls: we are souls. There can be no such thing as a person without a soul. The soul is not some kind of spirit entity trapped in our bodies. It is more correct to say that the soul is presently manifested as a corporeal body.

However, your idea that what we really are is God experiencing Himself is interesting.

Duality is an illusion, the illusion of our separation from God. This is the story of the Garden. Nevertheless, duality is the existence we presently live, except in our life in Christ. That is why we die to our false selves and live in Christ, to have eternal life.

We are not God, but in Him we live and move and have our being.

peace,
lunamoth

Super Universe

Defender of God
We truly are souls but humans have too much trouble seeing themselves as something outside the body.

This form stays here and turns to dust. It does not go to heaven with me.

Karl R

Super Universe said:
honestly this is waaaay beyond what most of you will be able to accept.
Don't confuse my unwillingness to agree with an inability to accept. I've been known to accept stranger things.
Super Universe said:
All life forms of a certain state have the ability to host a soul.
Several eastern religions believe that all life forms do host souls.

Super Universe said:
I do not know the exact set of genetics that allows a lifeform to host a soul. Animals can host souls but this is rare and is only done if the soul wishes to have that experience.
What leads you to this conclusion?

Super Universe said:
Certain genetics enable this ability. One day our science might just discover the specific genes that host a soul.
This implies that you believe there is some foolproof way of discerning which humans, animals, and plants have souls, and which do not.

Super Universe said:
Disturbing is the realization that some humans cannot host souls. But know that this is true evil amongst us because these beings, these so called humans, have absolutely no internal controls. They have no conscience whatsoever.
I've considered the possibility that sociopaths don't have souls, but I see some flaws in that line of reasoning.

How do you explain the sociopaths who form those tendencies due to childhood abuse? Their genetic make-up didn't cause the abuse.

Super Universe said:
Add to this the many people who ignore their conscience and you have the reason for the many problems we have on the earth. The influence of your conscience will diminish if you ignore it because it is obeying your choice.
I'll agree with this, but it's doesn't require your previous statements to be true.

Sociopaths don't have consciences. If people choose to ignore their conscience, they'll find it easier with practice. Earth is a nastier place because of it. Souls never enter the equation.

Super Universe said:
Animals sense a connection to the earth that we do not. This is why they know that disasters are coming before they happen but they are not sentient or aware in the same sense that humans are.
Are you certain that's not due to better senses than ours? Many animals have perceptions that extend far below our discernable threshholds our outside our effective ranges.

Super Universe said:
The human sense of God is purposely suppressed to give humans a greater sense of independance and free will. You can smash a beetle and know that God will not interfere. And you believe that God does not even know. It is your choice. Our sense of disconnection is the greatest in all the universe.
Does this mean you're discounting the possibility of other sentient life forms outside the solar system? If not, how are you basing your comparisons between us and them?

Super Universe said:
We are not just God's children, we are God. Not this fallable, weak, fragile human form, but us, our true self, the everlasting God fragment, the soul that resides inside this temporary host.
That's back to sounding like Buddhism and Hinduism.

Super Universe said:
The human senses transmit information through the soul connection to God. He hears what you hear. He sees what you see. He smells the flowers and tastes freshly baked bread right along with you. God feels you touch a spouse and feels them as they touch you back. The total amount of information transmitted is... beyond imagination. The universe is small by comparison.
Are you sure that the universe is small by comparison? How can you be certain that it's not large beyond your ability to imagine?

Super Universe said:
This is why it is useless to blame God for our wrongs, it is God doing wrong against God. But He cannot tell His other selves to stop because He is committed to their learning in their material environment which is His way of evolving.
In my opinion, this would make it easier to blame god for our wrongs and less of a concern if we do wrong things to each other. It's just a learning experience for god all around, isn't it?

Super Universe said:
All life forms of a certain degree have their own unique personality. This is based on a formula. Numerology and Astrology has some of it down but their understanding is incomplete. But the good ones are pretty darned close.
Your experience is different than mine. I have yet to see any of them get close.

Super Universe said:
The personality is what we see as our independant self on the earth because the influence of our conscience is so slight. This personality can live any life it wishes and the soul will only be along for the ride.
Does this mean that the soul is devoid of personality? Or that it has a personality that's completely different than our own?

Super Universe said:
But if this personality chooses to live a moral life then the soul fuses with that personality forever. If not, the unique personality and human form get one chance at a sentient life and after death the God fragment departs to find a new life experience.
Again, what leads you to this conclusion?

Coming full circle, none of this is outside my ability to believe. But why should I believe it? Because you said so? I don't know you. You'll have to come up with a more convincing reason.

c0da

I do not believe there is a specific permanent soul as such. It is just a construct some build for themselves to explain what sets them, as humans aside from things like animals. I agree that the body is only a temporary host, but the construct of the 'soul' itself will not be carried to the next host body.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Karl R said:
Don't confuse my unwillingness to agree with an inability to accept. I've been known to accept stranger things.

Coming full circle, none of this is outside my ability to believe. But why should I believe it? Because you said so? I don't know you. You'll have to come up with a more convincing reason.

What leads me to the conclusion that certain genetics allows a being to host a soul? A little bird told me.

Actually it's supported in the Urantia Book and by the Wingmakers, and perhaps by some Eastern religions though I'm not aware of any specific texts that support it.

Some foolproof way of knowing what has a soul and what does not? Yes, I think science will figure it out but it might still be hundreds of years from now.

I believe the humans who don't have souls are a genetic rarity. I'm not saying that they are the only cause of trouble, the rest of us make mistakes that cause harm but we feel some level of remorse afterward. Those without souls and those who have ignored their consciences are incapable of remorse. They don't even know what you are talking about.

Think about it, why do humans have a conscience? Does a lion have a conscience when it eats a young antelope? No, of course not. Having a conscience goes against natural selection. Those who lie, cheat, steal, and kill have it easier and their genetics should prosper. So why would we have evolved it?

You could say that animals have better senses. Their connection to the earth is not suppressed like ours is.

The universe is much much larger than we realize and it is full of sentient life, that's it's purpose. I base my comparisons on teachings from the Urantia Book, the Wingmakers, and logic. Each time we see farther into the universe we find more and more galaxies.

Did you think that Buddhism and Hinduism were completely uninspired by a messenger from God?

The universe is really many many many times larger than we believe it to be. It's a multiverse because there are seven separate super universes that circle the Paradise Universe (Home of God).

Yet the size of the multiverse pales in comparison to the amount of information exchanged between God and all the souls inhabiting all the life forms in the multiverse. It's a number beyond staggering.

Easier to blame God? You mean God would blame God for crashing into His car? We should be thankful we have life. None of this has to be! No human ever created a universe. Try to be thankful for what you have instead of complaining about what you don't.

It is a learning experience for God either way, whether our personality is chosen to go along for the ride or not.

I don't remember the website but there was a very good one that combined a numerology and astrology in one report. The best ones need a lot of information about you, full name, birthdate. And even so they are still not 100% because the numerologists and astrologers don't know the exact formula.

Whether a soul has personality, it may depend on whether it is a new soul or not. I don't know if souls fuse with just one personality or with many. The Urantia Book and Wingmakers support this.

You don't have to believe this? Certainly not. It is your choice.

But is this really different than what you've been taught by religion? Religion has always said that we all have an immortal soul which will either earn endless salvation in heaven or go to hell. I'm just giving you the details of how it works.

If this does not touch you, if it does not fit with what you believe then go on about your life. Maybe it will come to you in the future or maybe it won't. You choose your life, not I.

If I am able to connect with one person and guide them into activating their conscience then I have succeeded.

The angel's revealed this information in words they hoped the ancient and primitive humans would understand. The angels (not counting the Lucifer Rebellion) did not lie or distort any of it. Humans over thousands of years did that themselves.

And the angels have been continually revealing this same information over and over through our history. If you look you will find that somewhere they are revealing it now.

This is why we have so many religions that essentially say the same thing "choose to be good" just in different languages with different examples.

One thing we must realize. This is very important. God does not have petty human faults. Pay an animal sacrifice to God? God punishes? God kills and violates His own law? GOD KILLS?? Come on...

If you believe that then that is YOUR choice. No priest is to blame regardless of how wrong he is. YOU chose to believe it.

c0da

Think about it, why do humans have a conscience? Does a lion have a conscience when it eats a young antelope? No, of course not.
#

Many humans are still meat eaters though, and it can hardly be claimed that these animals are killed humanely compared to the antelope by the lion. For most supermarket meat, the animals are kept in battery farms with no room to move and in horrible conditions. This may just be one point, but it is a poor analogy to use in my opinion.

Super Universe

Defender of God
So because humans kill animals for food we have the same level of conscience as a lion?

Do you think a lion feels remorse for something it has done?

When a male lion takes over a pride it kills all the male cubs so the females will come into heat.

c0da

So because humans kill animals for food we have the same level of conscience as a lion?

Nooo, I didn't say that, I just said that particular analogy is poor. I do still eat a bit of chicken and fish from time to time and I recite mantras for the animal killed, I feel remorse for the animal and you may feel remorse too, but I doubt there are many people who feel remorse when they eat meat.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I can't say I feel remorse for the animal's killed. I feel respect for all life but feeling remorse would be like complaining to God "Why can't I just live without having to eat?"

I feel respect for all life but what lives without consuming other organic matter?

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

In the Baha'i view, humans have an eternal soul, but animals and lower creatures don't. Simple as that. :)

Regards,

Bruce

mr.guy

crapsack
Think about it, why do humans have a conscience? Does a lion have a conscience when it eats a young antelope?
A conscience is manifest of moral indoctrination. It is not so much "evolved" as "aped".

Having a conscience goes against natural selection.
Wrong. Common social values can better enable a group cohesion and subsequent success; a potential boon among cultural animals.

Those who lie, cheat, steal, and kill have it easier and their genetics should prosper. So why would we have evolved it?
Such traits are not genetic.