• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The shifting membership of RF

How would you describe yourself?

• Total voters

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I've been a member of RF for four and a half years now, and have seem to have noticed a pretty big shift in the forum's demographics during that time. I'm just curious as to whether or not I'm right. Do you see yourself as a theist (any religion at all or no religion) as an agnostic or as an atheist?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have to go with atheist simply because my vision of god is non-religious and quite unlike any view of god presently available to other human animals. That is to say that while I don't disbelieve in "god", at the same time I utterly and somewhat contemptuously reject all other definitions available. :)
(OK, ok... I have some issues...)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I've been a member of RF for four and a half years now, and have seem to have noticed a pretty big shift in the forum's demographics during that time. I'm just curious as to whether or not I'm right. Do you see yourself as a theist (any religion at all or no religion) as an agnostic or as an atheist?
I'm happy to say, that with all the fuss about the huge religious nature of America, on a predominately American forum I can calmly say 'I am an Atheist'.

Morse

To Extinguish
Like YmirGF, my concept of a higher power rejects what a vast majority of others define. But I can calmly say 'I am an Agnostic'.

MSizer

MSizer
I suspect the shift toward non-believing contributers is reflective of the recent "coming out" in north american society of non-believers in general.

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
I am theist but agnostic as far as creationism is concerned.Hence non-theistic religions are fine with me as are other theistic religions.Probably I can call my religion "gnostic".

Last edited by a moderator:

kai

ragamuffin
I voted Atheist because i don't believe in any of the Gods i have so far come across,(Particularly the Middle eastern invading my islands type), (and yes you know who you are !)

But if there's one out there reading this------- ---come ahead big man!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I voted Atheist because i don't believe in any of the Gods i have so far come across,(Particularly the Middle eastern invading my islands type), (and yes you know who you are !)

But if there's one out there reading this------- ---come ahead big man!

If you're crazy...is your God insane?
( you have that appearance)

xkatz

I said agnostic. I think it's impossible to prove or disprove that there is one or more divine, omnipotent god(s) in the universe. If it/they do exist, I reckon it/they don't get directly involved with human affairs.

Last edited:

Commoner

Headache
Atheist. The question of god as it pertains to (a)theism is one of belief, not of knowledge. So the poll is a bit...incomplete/incorrect. Either you should have included "gnostic" or you shouldn't have included "agnostic".

Last edited:

Evee

I love polls!
I put theist, though if you'd asked me a year ago, I'd have said the opposite...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Atheist. The question of god as it pertains to (a)theism is one of belief, not of knowledge. So the poll is a bit...incomplete/incorrect. Either you should have included "gnostic" or you shouldn't have included "agnostic".
Whatever. It's my poll.

Morse

To Extinguish
I'm a staunch Christian. I don't care about proving there is a God. I choose to believe.

Thats good. (And this was not a sarcastic post, yes, I AM capable of not being snide. You guys suck because I know you were thinking I was being sarcastic.)

rojse

RF Addict

You didn't include Deist or Gnostic?

By the way, a similar thread topic of some relevance (a shameless thread plug): http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...4624-what-your-religious-affiliation-2-a.html