• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming

Master Vigil

You know what would be funny. God will send jesus back as just a regular person. And all those humble enough to recognize him without all the miracles (cuz he won't do any) will go to heaven. And all those that will not believe him, scoff at him, institutionalize him, etc... because of no "proof", will go to hell. :D

No*s

Captain Obvious
Master Vigil said:
Didn't someone already claim to be jesus a little while back?? What happened to him?

I don't know who you're talking about, but I would guess the same thing that happens to all the impersonators. They are disproven, or they continue on in some little sect that nobody knows or cares about :D.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I don't know who you're talking about, but I would guess the same thing that happens to all the impersonators. They are disproven, or they continue on in some little sect that nobody knows or cares about :D.
But doesn't it worry you even the slightest bit that maybe he has come back but is now sitting in a mental hospital?

Master Vigil

I mean, what if god did exactly what I stated 3 posts up. He may be in a mental hospital. What does that say about our society. We keep looking for proof. "Prove your jesus, walk over this pond." We are so greedy and selfish.

No*s

Captain Obvious
Halcyon said:
But doesn't it worry you even the slightest bit that maybe he has come back but is now sitting in a mental hospital?

Nope :). The same source that says He will return also describes the manner, and there will be no mistaking it. If I reject one part, then I reject the whole. I simply don't see His sitting in a mental hospital as a possiblity, or His coming back secretly as just another guy.

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

In fact, as we Baha'is see it, the Second Coming already happened about 150 years ago!

The key is that, just like the First Coming, it didn't happen in the way people were EXPECTING it to happen; specifically, the prophecies were fulfilled spiritually but generally not literally (just as Jesus didn't fulfil most prophecies literally).

(One of the key misunderstandings is in fact because of a mistranslation: in the original Greek, the word used in the phrase translated as "end of the world" in the King James Bible is "eras," which can mean either "world" or "age." And IOV the wrong term was selected, and this passage in fact speaks of the "end of the age!")

So the results from the Second Coming have been growing and continuing ever since! :)

Best,

Bruce