• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the science proof that the Prophet Muhammad was existed lol

The Neo Nerd

"WHAT...we have here, is...FAILURE to communicate."

I think what obeyer is trying to say is that all you have to do is take a leap of faith and you'll find god.

I think.

He did trot out the "you have to prove that god doesn't it exist" argument (what is the name for that argument)

Then the "god doesn't want you to believe" argument, to explain why he is SOOOO much more AWESOME than the rest of us, and god chose him out of BILLIONS of people to reveal himself to.

-Q

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm still confused.

1) Godobeyer are you saying that if it's proven the eclipse happened, then Muhammed existed?

Please answer yes or no and then explain.

Then, if you answer "yes," please answer this next question:

2) If it's proven that Troy existed, does that prove that Greek gods and monsers existed?

Please answer yes or no, then explain.

If you answered "no" to question 2 I have one last question...

3) What is the difference between an eclipse "proving" Mohammed existed and the existence of Troy "proving" the existence of Greek gods and monsters?

I'll take "Logical Fallacies" for 500 Alex.
Whether or not there was an eclipse that day does not prove the existence of Muhammed or his son, nor the validity of Islam as a whole. You think you can confuse people by stating that a completely irrelevant detail in the story will either refute or confirm the rest. That isn't how things work in the real world.

Yes, that's right. Because if there WAS such an eclipse, I would still suggest Muhammad may not have existed, but even if there was a man, was as mortal as Michael Jackson, with no more connection to god than anyone else (mainly because god is man-made, or Muhmammad-made).

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Are you implying the death of a human somehow caused the eclipse or that it was simply a nice day to die?
Humans can die any old time where as eclipses are as regular as clockwork, and not particularly prone to change.

Cheers

David M

In fact now that I remember the title of the thread (Scientific proof for Muhammed existing), it appears to me that your "reasoning" is this:

1) The Quran mentions an eclipse occurred during the death of Muhammed.
2) It's been verified that an eclipse happened during that time.

Therefore, Muhammed existed.

Is that your argument?

How is that different from this argument, maybe this will show you why that reasoning is poor:

1) The Iliad mentions a war at the city of Troy between monsters, gods, and men.
2) It's been verified that the city of Troy existed during that time.

Therefore, monsters and Greek gods exist.

Do you see the problem here?!

A better example would be:

1) The Iliad mentions a war at the city of Troy between monsters, gods, and men.

Therefore, Achilles existed exactly as described in the Iliad.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
A better example would be:

Therefore, Achilles existed exactly as described in the Iliad.

the same exmeple , Troy existed, and Greek Gods, monsters
this question posted by meow mix i answered it before .

Last edited:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Prophet Muhammad had a son called him Ibrahim ,

Ibrahim ibn Muhammad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Eclipse of the sun at the death of Ibrahim .

The occasion of the death of Ibrahim also coincided with an eclipse of the sun (probably the annular eclipse which occurred in the early morning of 27 January 632, equivalent with the last or the penultimate day of Shawwal, 10 AH)

the question is : if there is no eclipse at 27 January 632 , ? that is mean the story is just a lie , and there is no Ibrahim and Muhammad and the Islam is just big lie .

check out by your self by two these softwares made by non-muslims :

1- Astronomy by calculations 3.01
2- Lunar Calendars and Eclipse Finder 7.79

This is against Islam's teaching. Prophet Mohammed said that the sun or any other creature doesn't react toward the death of any human being, not even Prophet Mohammed himself or his sons, daughters, etc.

David M

the same exmeple , Troy existed, and Greek Gods, monsters
this question posted by meow mix i answered it before .

That would be why my reply was directed at Meow mix and not you.

And to be accurate you tried to answer it, but failed.

Just because a book describes something that did exist or happen does not lead to the conclusion that other events or people tied to these things the book describes are proven to have existed.

The only correct conclusion is that the event not disprove what is in the passage. If there had been no eclipse in the year that the Quran places the death of Mohammed's son that would prove that the passage is untrue.

The fact that an eclipse happened does not prove the existence of Mohammed any more than the discovery of Troy proves the existence of Achilles. It just adds credence to the claim that these people existed.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is against Islam's teaching. Prophet Mohammed said that the sun or any other creature doesn't react toward the death of any human being, not even Prophet Mohammed himself or his sons, daughters, etc.
It isn't often that you manage to tickle my funny-bone, TashaN, but this time you made me giggle like a schoolgirl.
I do have to agree simply because you are correct. This Godobeyer person is playing on the ignorance of non-Muslims.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. :facepalm:

*starts humming*
"Another one bites the dust..."

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Godobeyer isn't saying that the sun reacted to a person -- he is saying that an eclipse happened to occur when Mohammed died.

He's not saying the two were causally connected as far as I can tell.

However he is incorrectly associating that the eclipse can be verified with somehow verifying the existence of Mohammed. We're still trying to sort that one out...

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
1-the historiens scientists proved that Troy existed .
2-the softwares proved that there was an ecplise of sun at 27/01/632

1-only the historiens scientists can verified and confirme the existed of Troy
2- all the world can verify and confirm that there was an ecplise of sun at 27/1/632 (by the help of the softwares of course)

Now we have this :

1- Troy and the Islam both of them existed .... the people of troy said there were Gods , the islam history said there was an eclipse of sun at the death of Ibrahim

In what sense is the Iliad and the stories in it not also history? Also, all of the world can also verify that Troy existed if they wanted to -- why does it matter who verifies it? You are very much missing the point of what we're trying to point out to you how your reasoning is faulty.

2-Greek Gods VS 27/01/632 (the event of eclipse of sun) ==> Greeks Gods (not confirmed ) , 27/01/632 (confirmed)

Ok see, you're comparing different parts of the story.

Your argument is:

1) The Quran says an eclipse happened at Mohammed's death.
2) That eclipse is confirmed.

Therefore, Mohammed existed and the Quran is true.

My example of why your argument doesn't work is:

1) The Iliad says gods, men, and monsters battled around the city of Troy.
2) The existence of Troy is confirmed.

Therefore, gods and monsters exist and the Iliad is true.

See the similarities? Let me use symbols:

1) X indicates that Y existed during event Z
2) Event Z is confirmed.

Therefore, Y existed and X is true.

Do you now see why this is a bad argument? Look again at what you wrote:

2-Greek Gods VS 27/01/632 (the event of eclipse of sun) ==> Greeks Gods (not confirmed ) , 27/01/632 (confirmed)

You're comparing Y vs. Z, which is not a fair comparison. Imagine if I were to say:

Mohammed vs. Troy --> Mohammed (not confirmed), Troy (confirmed)

See how it's mismatched? When you compare them exactly, you will see why your argument does not work. What you're doing is using a fallacy, and we've all been trying to point that out to you for a little while now.

If an eclipse happened, it does not prove that Mohammed existed just because the Quran says so, even if that eclipse is described in the Quran.

Likewise if Troy exists, it does not prove that gods and monsters exist just because the Iliad says so, even if the existence of Troy is described in the Iliad.

Do you get it now? Your argument doesn't work because ONE PART of a story that can be confirmed does not verify the whole thing. See?

The Quran mentions Mohammed and an eclipse, proving the eclipse does not prove the existence of Mohammed. The Iliad mentions monsters and Troy, proving Troy does not prove the existence of monsters.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Can anyone help me find the formal name for this fallacy, if there is one? I was pretty sure I knew it but can't for the life of me think of it.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

No it's not false dilemma... he isn't giving a dilemma, claiming one to be false and the other true.

He is saying that given a story, proving one part of that story proves the whole thing.

I *know* it's a formal logic fallacy I just can't think of the name.

Given X, which contains Y and Z, proving Y will prove Z and/or X. <-- fallacy

But what the heck is its naaaame?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Godobeyer isn't saying that the sun reacted to a person -- he is saying that an eclipse happened to occur when Mohammed died.

He's not saying the two were causally connected as far as I can tell.

However he is incorrectly associating that the eclipse can be verified with somehow verifying the existence of Mohammed. We're still trying to sort that one out...
First of all you must reread my argument ,
I did not said " an eclipse happened to occur when Mohammed died." it's his son Ibrahim. this why you did not understand my thread.

No the sun it's not reacted to the death of a person , and this is what Prophet Muhammad said :

The occasion of the death of Ibrahim also coincided with an eclipse of the sun. A phenomenon the Muslims began to circulate by rumor as a miracle. The word went out saying that the sun was eclipsed in sadness over the death of Ibrahim. Upon hearing this Muhammad
saws.gif
is reported as saying "The sun and the moon are signs of God. They are eclipsed neither for the death nor birth of any man. On beholding an eclipse, therefore, remember God and turn to Him in prayer."

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
First of all you must reread my argument ,
I did not said " an eclipse happened to occur when Mohammed died." it's his son Ibrahim. this why you did not understand my thread.

No the sun it's not reacted to the death of a person , and this is what Prophet Muhammad said :

The occasion of the death of Ibrahim also coincided with an eclipse of the sun. A phenomenon the Muslims began to circulate by rumor as a miracle. The word went out saying that the sun was eclipsed in sadness over the death of Ibrahim. Upon hearing this Muhammad
saws.gif
is reported as saying "The sun and the moon are signs of God. They are eclipsed neither for the death nor birth of any man. On beholding an eclipse, therefore, remember God and turn to Him in prayer."

Ok, I just misremembered who you were talking about.

However the ultimate point is this:

An eclipse may have occurred at the same time as Ibrahim's death. All we know though is that an eclipse occurred.

That doesn't prove anything else. I personally have no problem with assuming that it might even be probable that Ibraham/Mohammed existed, and that a solar eclipse occurred during Ibraham's death.

The problem is the argument that therefore other things about the Quran are true: that isn't the case.

Even if the eclipse did occur and Ibraham did exist, it doesn't prove anything other than that: it doesn't prove that the Quran is the word of Allah or anything.

I doubt that Mohammed or Ibraham were anyone special, it seems reasonable that they were just regular human beings that other people happened to believe.

Likewise, I don't doubt that Troy exists or that it was based on an actual war, but I doubt that monsters or Greek gods exist.

Neither story proves its more fantastic parts just because small parts of them proved to be true. Do you agree, Godobeyer?

I mean, I know that you believe that Mohammed and Ibraham were special people. But do you agree that the argument that the eclipse happened can't convinced an unbeliever any more than the existence of Troy would convince you that monsters exist?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Ok, I just misremembered who you were talking about.

However the ultimate point is this:

An eclipse may have occurred at the same time as Ibrahim's death. All we know though is that an eclipse occurred.

That doesn't prove anything else. I personally have no problem with assuming that it might even be probable that Ibraham/Mohammed existed, and that a solar eclipse occurred during Ibraham's death.

The problem is the argument that therefore other things about the Quran are true: that isn't the case.

Even if the eclipse did occur and Ibraham did exist, it doesn't prove anything other than that: it doesn't prove that the Quran is the word of Allah or anything.

I doubt that Mohammed or Ibraham were anyone special, it seems reasonable that they were just regular human beings that other people happened to believe.

Likewise, I don't doubt that Troy exists or that it was based on an actual war, but I doubt that monsters or Greek gods exist.

Neither story proves its more fantastic parts just because small parts of them proved to be true. Do you agree, Godobeyer?

I mean, I know that you believe that Mohammed and Ibraham were special people. But do you agree that the argument that the eclipse happened can't convinced an unbeliever any more than the existence of Troy would convince you that monsters exist?
You need just to read my first post , very careful , because you mixed with names , there is Ibrahim (pbuh) Prophet , and there is Ibrahim son of prophet Muhammad .

You're comparing Y vs. Z, which is not a fair comparison. Imagine if I were to say:

Mohammed vs. Troy --> Mohammed (not confirmed), Troy (confirmed)

See how it's mismatched? When you compare them exactly, you will see why your argument does not work. What you're doing is using a fallacy, and we've all been trying to point that out to you for a little while now.

If an eclipse happened, it does not prove that Mohammed existed just because the Quran says so, even if that eclipse is described in the Quran.
1- you should focus very carefuly when you read , i never said that this story it's not found in the Quran (you said that) , it's the history of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

then when you rematch between Muhammad (character in the history Islam )vs Troy (city existed ) !!!! this is absultly wrong tell me why ????!!!
You should combine between the two things that exited now , Islam history VS and Troy ( or Mecca history VS Troy history,because Mecca and TRoy both of them cities,Location)

because Muhammad (pbuh) is( not confirmed as you believe),He is a character in the Islam History, and Troy both of them existed , now we analyse their (event,Faith,we call their history) , Islam history event (eclipse of sun at the death of his son) , Troy beliefs (Gods, and monsters )

ok let's use the two places : (Mecca,Holy city for the muslims) vs Troy (city of Greek) ...both of them existed.

event from the past :Troy history people of troy said that there was Gods and Monsters ok
event from the past :Islam history : said (there was an eclipse of sun at the death of Ibrahim son Muhammad at 21-1-632 ) ok

you know what ,

I will give you an good exmeple to show you how you mixed it :

- as if I give a name of greek Gods The Ourea did not existed , Mekka (exited ) this is wrong match between a charactere in the past , and a city in the present ..... this is exactly what you did .

the result:
you mixed with the locations and characteres , and you mixed between the past and the present ...and you did not focus when you read...because i did not said that the Quran said or the eclipse happened at Muhammad (pbuh) death.

I hope you understand me now .

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Regardless of mixing up the names though it's true that proving an eclipse happened proves nothing more than that an eclipse happened -- it doesn't prove that anybody existed.

Agreed?

Bowman

Prophet Muhammad had a son called him Ibrahim ,

Ibrahim ibn Muhammad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Eclipse of the sun at the death of Ibrahim .

The occasion of the death of Ibrahim also coincided with an eclipse of the sun (probably the annular eclipse which occurred in the early morning of 27 January 632, equivalent with the last or the penultimate day of Shawwal, 10 AH)

the question is : if there is no eclipse at 27 January 632 , ? that is mean the story is just a lie , and there is no Ibrahim and Muhammad and the Islam is just big lie .

check out by your self by two these softwares made by non-muslims :

1- Astronomy by calculations 3.01
2- Lunar Calendars and Eclipse Finder 7.79

If you want to discover who "Muhammad" is, then you need to look to what your book of faith says...and it says that this this term is merely a participle (i.e.Praised One), and is applied to Jesus Christ.

Perhaps you are confusing the original "Muhammad" with the secondary islamic "Muhammad".