• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rule of Jesus

Heneni

Miss Independent
Is jesus going to come and rule and reign this planet or is he ruling and reigning in heaven, or what about both?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why didn't he just do that from the get go? Christians have been rubbing their hands and saying "Any day now..." for almost the past 2000 years.

Heneni

Miss Independent
they must have warm hands by now then:D

I already filled in my application for royal butler. :cold: Its been gathering a staggering amount of dust. Does that mean iv'e been declined? Maybe my cooking scared Jesus away. I apologise in advance.

HOW LONG LORD? HOW LONG?:shrug:

Jeremy Mason

Is jesus going to come and rule and reign this planet or is he ruling and reigning in heaven, or what about both?

Jesus can only rule those who choose to be ruled by Him. Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world". His kingdom is a spiritual kingdom. If He has a kingdom on earth, then it is only manifested in the individuals obedience and love for God and his creation.

AK4

Jesus can only rule those who choose to be ruled by Him. Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world". His kingdom is a spiritual kingdom. If He has a kingdom on earth, then it is only manifested in the individuals obedience and love for God and his creation.

I will ask yall this--

Where is Heaven?

What is Heaven?

and last but not least--If Jesus sits on the throne of God in His Temple, where is Gods Throne?

If Jesus comes back to rule the earth and set up His kingdom, who is he ruling?--If people "GO" or is raptured to a place called Heaven and people "GO" to a place called Hell or is annihilated for eternity. Who's on earth for Him to rule? Animals?

Please use scripture and not just your opinion

AK4

Sorry thats not scriptural. Who can choose him when...

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Somebody has lied to you in your church

Jeremy Mason

Where is Heaven?

Matthew 10:7 (NIV)
7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.'

What is Heaven?

Revelation 21:3 (NIV)

3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God

It's a dwelling place for God.

and last but not least--If Jesus sits on the throne of God in His Temple, where is Gods Throne?

Revelation 3:21

21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

It must be a big throne. :D

If Jesus comes back to rule the earth and set up His kingdom, who is he ruling? --If people "GO" or is raptured to a place called Heaven and people "GO" to a place called Hell or is annihilated for eternity. Who's on earth for Him to rule? Animals?

I'm not sure. I can speculate, but you don't want speculations.

Dunemeister

Biblically, "heaven" is not a "place" that is somehow separated from the physical aspect of creation. Rather, heaven is, if you like, the spiritual aspect of the created order. As the creed says, the Father is "the creator of heaven and earth." Thus both heaven and earth are created realities, and heaven is (what we would call) the spiritual aspect, whereas "the cosmos" is (what we would call) the physical aspect. The two are different sides of the same coin, not different coins altogether.

According to his own proclamation, Jesus inaugurated the "kingdom of God" through his ministry. His death ironically and mysteriously completed his particular unique task of wresting control of the world from "the accuser" or "the adversary". Thus, through Christ, God rules the entire cosmos RIGHT NOW. Of course, he hasn't set it all to rights yet, but we are assured that he will. In the meantime, the role of the church is to implement and celebrate Jesus' victory over the accuser/adversary through worship :bow:, acts of mercy :help:, and by making the wisdom of God known :shout to the powers that be :knight:.

UnityNow101

Jesus is going to come back as a poor beggar and be missed by all of you self-righteous, materially-minded zealots...Wait, didn't Jesus say that the generation alive during his lifetime would not pass away before they would see his second coming? Maybe his surviving the crucifixion was his "second" arrival. Or maybe none of it will happen? Who knows and who really cares?

I love the teachings of Jesus Christ but they have been misconstrued by the mindless majority and have lost the power that I once felt that they had. If you look for the reigning king, you will only find a shallow puppet whose strings are being pulled by the powers that be, which have no "power" other than what we have given up to serve it's pointless cause.