• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rule of Jesus

lunamoth

Will to love
It is something im trying to get my head around. The rule of god is much different to the rule of the world. He said that the greatest among you are the servants. It seems like those who wash the feet of others are the greatest. Not very glamorous, but still great. I believe that god's kingdom is not built on power. And i think that we are so use to being ruled that we think that god wants the same type of subordinates like goverments or leaders want or require. Does god want subordinates? Does god crave power? An all powerful god wouldnt want power, he is power. He uses that power in a very different way than we are use to. He uses the power to serve. We dont bring god anything. Is there anything that god would need as a necessity from us? Is there anything he wants from us other than our love? Love cannot be forced, and since he is the god of love, his kingdom cannot be a forceful one, it cannot be built on power, but on love. Im trying to fully understand what living in such a kingdom would be like.

heneni

I agree. (sorry, did not see this before I posted the above)

Heneni

Miss Independent
He would 'rule' by love, and in fact does that now.

Absolutely. But you have to admit, most people would think that love is a bit of a fuzzy thing, soft and unrealistic. Not something that we can use to rule. Rather something we can do to serve. The term 'Public servants' is an oxymoron. Jesus said that the greatest among you are the servants. The ones who love is the greatest. This is in direct contradiction to how we are used to being ruled. It even directly contradicts how some christian denominations opperate. We are suppose to keep our mouths shut, obey every thing our pastors and teachers tell us, and if we dont, we are forced out. But if they themselves dont rule by love, then they are the ones in the wrong. We are not obligated to be ruled by anyone that does not rule by love. Tricky though..because what one person considers to be love the other considers to be an impossition.

lunamoth

Will to love
Absolutely. But you have to admit, most people would think that love is a bit of a fuzzy thing, soft and unrealistic. Not something that we can use to rule. Rather something we can do to serve. The term 'Public servants' is an oxymoron. Jesus said that the greatest among you are the servants. The ones who love is the greatest. This is in direct contradiction to how we are used to being ruled. It even directly contradicts how some christian denominations opperate. We are suppose to keep our mouths shut, obey every thing our pastors and teachers tell us, and if we dont, we are forced out. But if they themselves dont rule by love, then they are the ones in the wrong. We are not obligated to be ruled by anyone that does not rule by love. Tricky though..because what one person considers to be love the other considers to be an impossition.

You are correct, you can't rule (as we understand it) by love (which is why I used the little 'marks' around 'rule' before). I get some milage out of the concept of the servant leader, not ruling, but leading, by service.

As far as our organized religions go, this is done better by some and worse by others. In a slightly different context (in a different religion), I also was put off by the idea that a person could be excommunicated for not accepting every word put forth by the religious authority. On the one hand, if you disagree with the foundational beliefs of a religion, well, why would you want to bother with it. On the other, some religious institutions make decrees about many things and if you don't agree you will find yourself in conflict, rather than relationship, with that community.

The fewer 'hard lines in the sand' that are drawn, the easier it is to approach the ideal of Beloved Community.

As for myself, the one thing I've come to trust is that God is love.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Heneni the scripture "He will rule them with an iron scepter, is a metaphor and is symbolic of the strength and power of Jesus. The word scepter is also used as star when speaking of Messianic ruler the Deliverer would be a star and scepter of royalty and bring victory over the enemies of His people. ;)

Thanks charity. I believe that when jesus comes he will deliver us from ungodly rulers. How he does that, is without force. That boggles my mind. There is one way to deliver us from ungodly men and ungodly rulers without force. Hijack us all! HE HE...rapture us. Take us away. The other way is .............well lets just add that it will take an eternity, is to become the ruler of earth himself while the wicked is under his rule and they eventually become happy with his rule. Um....i doubt it. The whole world is under the control of the evil one. That is no surprise. Gods rule is in our hearts not in goverments or countries. And i dont think, or i can hardly understand why jesus would bother coming to rule this place anyway. What would be the point, and what would he hope to accomplish by it? What do you think?

Heneni

AK4

I know you guys heard of this verse--

Re 18:4 - .... Come out of her, my people,

Who in the world could God be talking to?

I know, but do you?

AK4

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I know you guys heard of this verse--

Re 18:4 - .... Come out of her, my people,

Who in the world could God be talking to?

I know, but do you?

AK4
It is a prophetic warning, telling the people to come out and be a separate people from the rest of the world. To stay away from Unholy practices ;)

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Reminds me of a Frank & Earnest cartoon from way back. With a polluted and crowded earth below, an angel rushes to God and exclaims, "The meek are contesting the will!"

Jeremy Mason

You are correct, you can't rule (as we understand it) by love (which is why I used the little 'marks' around 'rule' before). I get some milage out of the concept of the servant leader, not ruling, but leading, by service.

It's called leading by example and very few are truly inspired to follow the life of those who work with their hands and not their money.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Christians receive a spiritual inheritance for faithfulness . It is the living hope that all Christians have of their heavenly inheritance.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Heneni,
Sorry, that you do not see or meet him.
I do all the time through people like you and everyone.
Was not man made in his image?
Love & rgds

mohammed_beiruti

I havent really hashed this bit out for myself. But to tell you the honest truth, im not sure jesus is going to FIGHT anybody. I dont think he is into fighting. The use of no-violence is christian philosophy. I read stuff from Leroy T a day or so ago, and now my theories are rescrambling themselves. Fight the good fight of faith....hmmm....doesnt seem violent does it? And if you think about it, jesus would be dodging bullets like neo in the matrix. Is there really anything that can overcome him. And if there is not wouldnt the idea of a fight be a little strange? If Jesus comes to fight the anti-christ we are assuming that they are on some sort of equal plane to engage in war-fare. What does FIGHTING the anti-christ actually mean?

The worlds philosophy is that power is needed to advance in some matter. Jesus on the other hand died.........bit different to kicking the romans buts. And he led captivity captive. By dying, not by fighting. There is much to learn about the way god rules. Im particularly confused right now about the scripture that says. 'he will rule them with an iron sceptor'. What does it mean?

heneni

unless the Anti-christ is killed,the justice in this world will not be obtained .

Qura'an Ch.2

251. By God's will they routed them; and David slew Goliath; and God gave him power and wisdom and taught him whatever (else) He willed. And did not God Check one set of people by means of another, the earth would indeed be full of mischief: But God is full of bounty to all the worlds.

Jesus peace be upon him will attain the justice, and save the people from injustice

Heneni

Miss Independent
unless the Anti-christ is killed,the justice in this world will not be obtained .

Hello Mohammed. Do you think God will kill the anti-christ? I dont think so.

I think that god is working things out so that the wicked destroy the wicked. He doesnt have to kill anybody.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !

I think that god is working things out so that the wicked destroy the wicked. He doesnt have to kill anybody.
The anti-christ is all part of the plan and I think that it is all under control. All we have to do is be the believer and keep the faith, God will take care of the rest. :D

mohammed_beiruti

first of all, i believe that Jesus is not God, Beside He is a servant for God , and he is acting acording to God's will.

If God commanded him to fight against the Anti-christ , by God will, he would do so.

We all suppose to die, regardless the way that we will die by.

No one will abide except Allah, the almighty the Eternal.

Allah will hold us responsible for our acts, if we did something good he will reward us, but if we did somthing wrongful he will punish us.

fighting a tyrant is not a sin,

Qura'an Ch.4
[76] Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith fight in the cause of Evil: so fight ye against the friends of Satan: feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan.

only hypocrites would pretend love, and leave fighting against evel.

Even when your brother or sister or father or mother take a side with evel , you have to fight against them

Mat 10:34-40

34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father,a daughter against her mother,a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -

36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.

37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
40"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me

yes the one who sent him, he will do his will,however not his own.

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
I think the "anti-christ" has already pretty much done himself in... Who needs him anyway?

The meek inheriting the earth..

Sounds to me like those who are humble and do not have such an exalted opinion of themselves will eventually inherit the earth...

So a Messiah figure or Christ returned will not be out there yelling and broadcasting themselves on TV. You'll know it though in your heart of hearts when you find Him.

- Art:)

Heneni

Miss Independent
Our world needs a desperate reality check in the area of power.

In the lords prayer..

Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Well...how is gods will done in heaven? With force? With cohersion? With weapons and millitary?

How does god keep peace in heaven? If we dont learn these things and get a different perspective on power, how can we ever rule this earth as god rules heaven? We need more people in the world who want to see it free from tyrrany. We need people to humble themselves and fight for freedom. More and more people need to dissociate themselves with people who are power hungry. Not support them, not promote them.

I think what we need first...is the distinct dislike for the desire of power. And to be wary of anybody that is after it, and desires and covets it.