• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Right to Life

David T

Premium Member
Most understand this to mean that we don't have the right to take away anyone's life (we even created exceptions for this) but in truth it means much more. It means that we have the right to a life of our liking.
For example, I am born into a life that glorifies war and violence, it even has rules, imagine that, war with rules. If you were to poll the majority of the world, the ones that provide bodies to be slaughtered if they would be happy in a world without war, they would respond with a resounding no but we don't get to exercise that aspect of the right to life because we are not aware of our rights. We just accept the life we have been given, especially if we find ourselves in a comfortable position. Contrary to popular opinion, these rights are not given, they are yours, learn them, exercise them and they will become strong.

Man wasn't made for life, life was made for man.
Right to a life of our liking.... That's interesting because before I was born I was in the tree line and I wanted to be a tree, the homo sapien line seemed like a annoying crowd. And guess what my right was violated totally by management. I think we need to sue or at least change management which BTW seems like a popular notion now days!!! We got sick and tired of the mid management fiasco and we fired the old management. We are now totally self managed and wow its awesome!!!!

Tmac

Right to a life of our liking.... That's interesting because before I was born I was in the tree line and I wanted to be a tree, the homo sapien line seemed like a annoying crowd. And guess what my right was violated totally by management. I think we need to sue or at least change management which BTW seems like a popular notion now days!!! We got sick and tired of the mid management fiasco and we fired the old management. We are now totally self managed and wow its awesome!!!!

Basically, you understand but have such a little understanding of your right to life that you make fun of this idea. You're not the first.

Tmac

Would be sorta cool, but not a beat all end all. Just an example of how I think faith works. Probably won't get there in this day, maybe in the next?

Maybe if you believed in yourself more there would e different results. I suggest starting on something smaller.

Nous

Premium Member
Most understand this to mean that we don't have the right to take away anyone's life (we even created exceptions for this) but in truth it means much more. It means that we have the right to a life of our liking.
By God, I'm glad you said that! I really would like my former colleague's Maserati. After all, he paid for it by taking advantage of my stupidity. So, should I tell him beforehand that I'm going to take it, and explain to him that I have "the right to a life of [my] liking"? (He might not subscribe to that proposition.)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
everyone has the right to what they deserve. they may not like it, but they do.

I think this is why equality under the law is the best solution, because the human race lives on forgiveness and forbearance. there is no utopia.

I mean people can't even agree on what words mean. how we supposed to understand each other when everyone is speaking a different language?

how many people truly have the right to live as they like? and by whose authority does it make sense. I'm glad authority has checks and balances because I never trusted unrestrained authority.

good will hath mercy I suppose. if not we would all be dead.

David T

Premium Member
Basically, you understand but have such a little understanding of your right to life that you make fun of this idea. You're not the first.
Making fun? I am pissed off!!!!!0its an outrage I tell you.

David T

Premium Member
Now, now. Pretention is a likeable right. right?
Gotta be careful though, hot air balloons and pretention wires are a recipe for disaster.
I am all facts which are never ever ever pretensious. A fun linguistic tool I use is to double down. So someone is saying "climate change is bogus" i say indeed I have no idea why we even let nature exist even it's all messy nonsense I say pave the planet. Let's see another one Mexicans need to get out of here those illegal immagration breakers... I say every person and every ancestor of any person who entered this country without legal papers should be shot!!!! That would then turn the land back to the floral and fauna which is what I like but such is nonsense!!!! I enjoy nonsense I love joining in, makes me feel NORMAL" for a moment!!!!

Last edited:

WalterTrull

Godfella
I am all facts which are never ever ever pretensious. A fun linguistic tool I use is to double down. So someone is saying "climate change is bogus" i say indeed I have no idea why we even let nature exist even it's all messy nonsense I say pave the planet. Let's see another one Mexicans need to get out of here those illegal immagration breakers... I say every person and every ancestor of any person who entered this country without legal papers should be shot!!!! That would then turn the land back to the floral and fauna which is what I like but such is nonsense!!!! I enjoy nonsense I love joining in, makes me feel NORMAL" for a moment!!!!
Not quite sure I understand floral, fauna and paved planet. But hey, as long as you're not pretending.

Tmac

By God, I'm glad you said that! I really would like my former colleague's Maserati. After all, he paid for it by taking advantage of my stupidity. So, should I tell him beforehand that I'm going to take it, and explain to him that I have "the right to a life of [my] liking"? (He might not subscribe to that proposition.)

So what's the joke?