• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

islam abduallah

I can do that

Its my understanding that only humans have written religious text and make claim's with zero proof.

not once has a deity ever put pen to paper yet most deitys are claimed to have unlimited power.

Are all deitys illiterate???? or do they not care about humans enough to write there own book?????

OR do they only exist in mans imagination???? :shrug:

no matter what country or what culture magically all deitys refuse to show themselves ot prove their existance. THIS goes for every deity that has ever been created and there are thousands
so, what kind of proofs u need from a certain religion to believe that it's the right one, or you will only believe when u see the god himself?

islam abduallah

I have read the Qur'an,i read it as i would read any book but my feeling is its beauty kind of gets lost in translation,historically there are some chinks in it as there are in the Bible,there is no actual evidence that either Moses or Jesus existed so like all religions it must be taken on faith that they did therefore as far as i'm concerned its just another religion,there is nothing to suggest otherwise,the Qur'an is interesting though as it gives an insight into the Arab world of the time.

really your read the quran fully? it's nice to meet non muslim who reads the quran, i want to understand the word "chinks" what do you mean by it? (sorry my english isn't perfect)
you are trying to get the faith from the end not from the begining, i mean we as muslims believe in moses and jesus peace upon both because the quran told us that and if the quran didn't mention them we won't believe in them, so first you need the evidence to prove that the quran is the word of the real god the creator of that universe and then you will believe in all what mentioned in quran including moses and jesus peace upon both as you already believe that it's the word of god? am i wrong?

Embarkon

haha, this is like saying there are many types of shoes but only one good shoe. its whatever rocks your boat, or shakes your turkey dude
What why do you think I am a Christian? cuz my parents were Christians a milenia before

There are many religions but only one right way

islam abduallah

Let me guess. Islam is the perfect truth?

Do you truly believe you know God's mind? That your puny human brain can begin to comprehend divine glory?

i don't claim that i fully know the god, i mean that surly i don't know his shape and also can't imagine him, i just believe in him but i don't know how he's?,

i just know what he wills from me exactly? is that clear

islam abduallah

haha, this is like saying there are many types of shoes but only one good shoe. its whatever rocks your boat, or shakes your turkey dude
What why do you think I am a Christian? cuz my parents were Christians a milenia before

There are many religions but only one right way

this is wrong, to be christian cuz your parents were christians is really wrong, you should choose your religion by yourself, not just being a christian or muslims cuz your parents were

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
i don't claim that i fully know the god, i mean that surly i don't know his shape and also can't imagine him, i just believe in him but i don't know how he's?,

i just know what he wills from me exactly? is that clear
You can't have it both ways. If you can't know or understand God, you can't assume that your religion does. That's not faith, it's blind faith.

Now, I'm not saying your religion isn't perfect for you. But it isn't perfect, so don't push it on others.

BTW,
chink
1. a crack, cleft, or fissure: a chink in a wall.
2.a narrow opening: a chink between two buildings.

The way eml used chink means a gap or flaw.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
this is wrong, to be christian cuz your parents were christians is really wrong, you should choose your religion by yourself, not just being a christian or muslims cuz your parents were
It's not wrong, per se. A little thoughtless, but there's nothing immoral about tradition itself.

Also, I assume you were raised Muslim, yes? Do you really think that doesn't have the slightest influence on you?

Embarkon

Perfection is in my heart and in my hand- it is in right doing and right judegement everyday
no set of rituals can give me that so i say, to Hades with religion

islam abduallah

I think in order to understand any possible path that all human beings should be following we would need to have a clear conception of what particular goal would be the purpose of that path. As far as I understand about monotheistic religions, there can only be one true religious path for all people and the ultimate goal is the glorification of that one specific deity rather than any notion of human progress. I haven't read anything to dissuade me from that notion so please offer something if you think the glorification of God is not the goal of monotheistic religion.

As I don't see how any self-respecting human being could possibly sacrifice their individual notion of human progress in favor of an arbitrary supplementation of some hidden supernatural divinity, I would have to argue that all monotheistic religions are fundamentally anti-humanist in their original conception. That isn't to say that they cannot be modified in a humanist light, but it isn't in accordance with what its founders intended.

So essentially there isn't a one true religious path. There are only multiple human conceptual paths to survival and prosperity.

i can say that the goal of athe monotheistic religions is to enter the heaven or the paradise that's through glorification of the god,
from where you get the idea that the monotheistic religions are anti-humanists? what's your evidence about that

islam abduallah

You can't have it both ways. If you can't know or understand God, you can't assume that your religion does. That's not faith, it's blind faith.

Now, I'm not saying your religion isn't perfect for you. But it isn't perfect, so don't push it on others.

BTW,
chink
1. a crack, cleft, or fissure: a chink in a wall.
2.a narrow opening: a chink between two buildings.

The way eml used chink means a gap or flaw.

thanks for the information, so could you give me an example of that chinks in Quran?
but really i see that both could gather, more than 1.5 billion do that, anyway, the matter is not the number of followers, but what's the problem of couldn't imagine the god while believe in him?
and could you tell me how your belief leads yuo to imagine the god?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
thanks for the information, so could you give me an example of that chinks in Quran?
I haven't read it yet, I'm afraid. I hear so much about how translations fall short that I haven't bothered. Do you think I should?

but really i see that both could gather, more than 1.5 billion do that, anyway, the matter is not the number of followers, but what's the problem of couldn't imagine the god while believe in him?
..... Language barriers suck.

I've read this 4 times, and I have no idea what you're asking me. :sorry1:

and could you tell me how your belief leads yuo to imagine the god?
LOL! I don't want to hijack your thread, which would be very easy.

I'm a panentheist. I believe the cosmos is God's physical body. We're part of it, like its cells and thoughts.

islam abduallah

You know the Islamic point-of-view on what is considered the 'right path" is inherently problematic for me. For one, because God is the complete authoritarian and ultimate judge, following "his religion or else" for me is inherently an obligatory phenomena in Islam. Sure, there is a verse that says "there is no compulsion" but maybe God isn't the best psychologist here because mentally, if God says "sure you can follow your own path, but Islam is the right path and if you choose to not follow it and my prophet inevitably you will burn in hell forever because you chose to do what I allowed you to do."

Similarly with Christianity. The whole "Jesus loves you.......until you deny him as lord and savior, then you're F******"

In the midst of all the religious faiths that exist on our planet, it is hard to make comparisons among them all. Each inherently has this philosophy that whatever is being explained is somehow true. Buddhism is no different. Each of these teachings are done so in ways which exclaim a certain truthful essence. Philosophically, whatever is true is inevitably up to us and that is what I was saying earlier. whatever is satisfactory to our peace of mind is what is true.

are yuo blaming the god that he gives you the will of choice, you want him to force you for a certain belief?, so what's the exam then? nothing we will be like angels? no test or trial? the best grace that the god gives to us is the freedom of choice, you should be proud of that not blaming him?!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My view is that ANY person who believes they are on the so-called "right path" is merely exhibiting arrogance. Any religion that claims to be the "right religion" embraces the epitome of human arrogance.

islam abduallah

I haven't read it yet, I'm afraid. I hear so much about how translations fall short that I haven't bothered. Do you think I should?

..... Language barriers suck.

I've read this 4 times, and I have no idea what you're asking me. :sorry1:

LOL! I don't want to hijack your thread, which would be very easy.

I'm a panentheist. I believe the cosmos is God's physical body. We're part of it, like its cells and thoughts.

i think if you are really looking for the truth, you must read the quran and judge it by yourself but you should read it neutrally, i mean without any effect from others anti-muslim or muslim, without any previous ideas, read it as it's the first time you hear about it, you will not lose anything,
don't worry about myquestion, you already answered it, i was asking what's the problem of believeing in god while not could imagine him?
you are also doing the same, you believe that this universe is the god, but indeed till now you don't know the whole universe, yuo can't claim that you did, so you are also wrong, as you don't have fully imagination of the god, right?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
i think if you are really looking for the truth, you must read the quran and judge it by yourself but you should read it neutrally, i mean without any effect from others anti-muslim or muslim, without any previous ideas, read it as it's the first time you hear about it, you will not lose anything,
So translations are acceptable? Would you happen to know a good one?

I told myself that I'd learn Arabic and read it as it was written, but that was 4 years ago....

Anyway, while I haven't read the Qur'an yet, I have studied Islam a bit. Would you be interested in hearing what I think of as flaws?

don't worry about myquestion, you already answered it, i was asking what's the problem of believeing in god while not could imagine him?
OK.

you are also doing the same, you believe that this universe is the god, but indeed till now you don't know the whole universe, yuo can't claim that you did, so you are also wrong, as you don't have fully imagination of the god, right?
Yup.

I know 2 things with absolute certainty:
1) God exists.
2) NOBODY understands Him/ Her/ it.

That absolutely includes me. That said, you have to pick a reality and go with it. I picked the one that makes most sense to me.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I know 2 things with absolute certainty:
1) God exists.
2) NOBODY understands Him/ Her/ it.

That absolutely includes me. That said, you have to pick a reality and go with it. I picked the one that makes most sense to me.
I take exception with #1, Storm. You do NOT know that "god" exists, you only think you do, of that much, I am certain. Likewise, if #2 is correct, you have ensured that you will never understand the object of your certainty. Is this stuff supposed to make sense?

Twig pentagram

High Priest
is that judgement is through the religion sources itselfor through what you are hearing about the religion?
Straight from the source itself. I tried to practice Christianity and Islam and I don't think any of them are 100% correct, but I do think that both of them are right about certain things.