• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
This thread is 256 pages, over 3 years old, and you all STILL don't know what
the "right" religion is??????
All the fine, ken, minds, on this forum and no one has had the gonads to
say what is the right religion?!?!?
I'm shocked.:eek::eek:
Seriously. It almost makes me angry :mad: that no one will write it.
I was going to say verbalize, but it's a message forum, can't verbalize ya see.:rolleyes:
YOU KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT RELIGION IS BUT FEAR TO ADMIT IT.:confused:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe it was a quite scientific approach. Eliminate anyone who believes in capitalism and/or God and then teach communism as the truth and the society will become atheistic and communistic.

I believe this is not so different from God's appraoch of eliminating idol worshippers from Palestine so that there would only be a community that worships Him.

I believe God has changed that approach via Jesus, to allowing tares among the wheat.

I believe however the old adage may still apply that a bad apple will spoil the barrel.
Science does not teach immorality, nor do I accept the premise that God wanted us to kill people who didn't have the "correct" beliefs.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I was going to say verbalize, but it's a message forum, can't verbalize ya see.:rolleyes:
I wasn't aware you were Asatru. Welcome aboard. :D

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe you must have missed my earlier post that stated it so you must not have read them all.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Science does not teach immorality, nor do I accept the premise that God wanted us to kill people who didn't have the "correct" beliefs.

I believe that was a conclusion not a premise and I have not presented the premises but I suppose you are going by gut reaction and not logic.

I tend to believe that but I don't have any evidence to support it. Do you?
Was it moral to build an atomic bomb? I believe I understand the reasoning behind it but the reasoning was not that it would be moral.

metis

I believe that was a conclusion not a premise and I have not presented the premises but I suppose you are going by gut reaction and not logic.

I tend to believe that but I don't have any evidence to support it. Do you?
Was it moral to build an atomic bomb? I believe I understand the reasoning behind it but the reasoning was not that it would be moral.
I'm sorry but I really don't know exactly what you are reacting to that I posted. I checked back to an earlier post of yours and my response to it, but I still couldn't make sense of the above. Where's my supposed lack of "logic"?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm sorry but I really don't know exactly what you are reacting to that I posted. I checked back to an earlier post of yours and my response to it, but I still couldn't make sense of the above. Where's my supposed lack of "logic"?
You said "God wanted us to kill people who didn't have the "correct" beliefs." was a premise and I beleive it is a conclusion but not one that follows from the premises even though they are not stated.

However there is evidence that God wanted Jews to kill idol worshippers in Israel at that time so that the Jews would not be drawn off to idolatry. However I don't believe that can be genearlized to say that God would want anyone at anytime with a false belief killed.

metis

You said "God wanted us to kill people who didn't have the "correct" beliefs." was a premise and I beleive it is a conclusion but not one that follows from the premises even though they are not stated.

However there is evidence that God wanted Jews to kill idol worshippers in Israel at that time so that the Jews would not be drawn off to idolatry. However I don't believe that can be genearlized to say that God would want anyone at anytime with a false belief killed.
Here's what I wrote (post #5122): Science does not teach immorality, nor do I accept the premise that God wanted us to kill people who didn't have the "correct" beliefs.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Here's what I wrote (post #5122): Science does not teach immorality, nor do I accept the premise that God wanted us to kill people who didn't have the "correct" beliefs.
I believe that I agree that it would be a false premise.