• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

islam abduallah

Yes.

No.

By the way, "r" is not a word. I get the impression English isn't your native tongue, but cut us some slack and write properly. It'll be much easier to understand you.

sorry for using r instead of are, but u know it's common in chat and forums but i'll try to avoid that, and yes english isn't my native language

but could u explain how we could have more than one right religion? although that each religion has contradicts with other religions? how contradictions could be all right?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
there r many religion in the world, but surly there r only one right religion, but how could we reach the right believe, the right path? :)

I don't think there is such a thing as "ony one right religion",the religion you choose to follow is based on faith and not fact,it cannot be tested so how could you know its the right religion.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
sorry for using r instead of are, but u know it's common in chat and forums but i'll try to avoid that,
Thank you, it's a pet peeve. (Goes for u, too.)

and yes english isn't my native language
Well, it's my only language, so you're ahead of me! :)

but could u explain how we could have more than one right religion? although that each religion has contradicts with other religions? how contradictions could be all right?
No one has all the facts. When you get down to it, nobody understands God.

Religions are various methods of seeking God, and they all serve that purpose equally well. They're different paths up the same mountain.

islam abduallah

I don't think there is such a thing as "ony one right religion",the religion you choose to follow is based on faith and not fact,it cannot be tested so how could you know its the right religion.

no, i follow the religion based on both the faith and fact, and at the god's eyes , it's surly only one right religion
and surly u can test the belief if it's right or wrong, we have already the proper tools for that "our minds"

horizon_mj1

Did you ever consider that religion should be found in your heart and not within a "community"? This is how there is more than one true religion, because there is more than one person who chooses to seek the truth within all written doctrine (sciences included) and does not place any Deity before True Knowledge.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
there r many religion in the world, but surly there r only one right religion, but how could we reach the right believe, the right path? :)
True there is many religions, but I can't surely say that any of them are one hundred percent correct. As a matter of fact I don't think either of them is.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
no, i follow the religion based on both the faith and fact, and at the god's eyes , it's surly only one right religion
and surly u can test the belief if it's right or wrong, we have already the proper tools for that "our minds"

Please show me how its possible to test it taking into consideration that when you die that if its not true you'll never know,like i said it cannot be tested

Rakhel

The is no "right religion." There is your religion and there is my religion.
Your religion is right for you and my religion is right for me.
That is all that needs to be known.

Cain

The is no "right religion." There is your religion and there is my religion.
Your religion is right for you and my religion is right for me.
That is all that needs to be known.
It would be nice if 'certain' religions followed this practice.

Cain

Like the left religion?:D
Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of the religion responsible for the Crusades, The Inquisition, and the Witchhunts of Europe & North America. The religion that the destroyed 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there, the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead.

You know - They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-1)

just to name a few things

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
there r many religion in the world, but surly there r only one right religion,
No. It is not sure that there is only one right religion. There is nothing that even says that any religion is universally right either. There is only right for each person. Making whether it is "right" or not completely subjective at best.

but how could we reach the right believe, the right path? :)
By being true to ourselves and what we internally believe and understand and not worrying about what anyone else believes or says we should believe. We reach the "right" path for ourselves when we realize that our path is our own.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
To reach the summit of a mountain, there are many paths. Each path is different. Sometimes you need lots of safety gear to climb up a large cliff, sometimes you need a survival kit and/or a guide to get you through a certain part safely.

But, as different as each path is, and as different as each side of the mountain is, they all eventually reach the summit.

That's pretty much how I view religion.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of the religion responsible for the Crusades, The Inquisition, and the Witchhunts of Europe & North America. The religion that the destroyed 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there, the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead.

You know - They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-1)

just to name a few things
if everyone's dead, wouldn't that be the religion that was left?

Cain

if everyone's dead, wouldn't that be the religion that was left?
Actually I was hinting at the Right Hand Path & Left Hand Path Belief systems.

There are two schools of religious thought, one seeks to atone with the objective universe / god / divinity / nature etc. this for the most part involves dissolving the individual / Self into this universe.

The other seeks to separate from this objective universe and to develop / evolve the individual Self towards Self-Deification.