• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Right is way worse than the Left!!!"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, let's totally pretend that the right hasn't ventured over into the extreme and bizarre. What values and principals do you believe they embody?
What you need continual reminding of is that's it's both that are out of control by virtue of the extreme strides to the deep end, rather than a return to equilibrium and balance.

The right will be afforded no pass, no more than the left will be. I just don't go off pretending the right can do no wrong like others, who think the same of the left in kind.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I just don't go off pretending the right can do no wrong like others, who think the same of the left in kind.
That's not the impression your posts give, and I don't see anyone pretending that the left is perfect. In fact, I've seen no equivalent to the MAGA cult.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That's not the impression your posts give, and I don't see anyone pretending that the left is perfect. In fact, I've seen no equivalent to the MAGA cult.
More than once I decried things like abortion bans , further back in time things like the Patriot Act and pointed out that Republicans lead with the most incarcerated states in the entire nation which has affected the right on the freedom index, as much as the left does with its own policymaking.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yeah, let's totally pretend that the right hasn't ventured over into the extreme and bizarre. What values and principals do you believe they embody?
The right, their values?
Nothing good whatsoever

They do talk smoothly though
But can't fool me...too obvious

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
"In fact, I've seen no equivalent to the MAGA cult"

IMO you would have if Hillary would have won.
Do I dare ask?
Are Hilary’s backers just as “chud like” as the MAGAs?
I mean I don’t really know much about her, tbh

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh fair enough

I didn’t realise that Hilary had any supporters that hero worshipped her.

Many politicians have their own fan clubs. When Hillary lost the election in 2016, there did seem to be a lot of shocked and disappointed fans.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Many politicians have their own fan clubs. When Hillary lost the election in 2016, there did seem to be a lot of shocked and disappointed fans.
Ahh I see

I guess having a parliament system means you learn not to get too attached to leaders of any party. Since they can be voted out even if they lead the country lol or are even simply removed if they’re considered really bad

Made that mistake a few years back myself. Very dumb of me lol

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Don't get me wrong, the Right is garbage, but they've always been the way they are. I've been done with them since childhood. The Left used to at least try and help people, try to be reasonable, try to be balanced. It's become literally nothing more than a vile reflection of the Right.

For instance, I'm so sick of hearing about January 6th. First of all, the founders literally wanted us to tear them out of office if/when they went bad, the only problem with the Trumpers is they did it for a dumb reason to support an absolute fool. [Worth noting that left propaganda is so bad people assume if you aren't a D you support Trump.] But my real problem? These are the same people who cheered at the murder of police officers, torching of entire neighborhoods, occupations of major cities, and wanted to let a pedophile with a gun publicly execute a kid because he made an extremely, objectively stupid decision at 17. So it's kind of hilarious to hear these worries about "inciting violence" or "domestic terrorism" from "mostly peaceful" rioting murderers and looters.

Republicans don't care about children, everyone knows this. Imagine being a young, democratic social worker and seeing people, coworkers, and democratic politicians give their all for children at the border, when they can't be bothered to care about the 5 abusive foster homes in their own neighborhood (probably because they weren't told to). Both are bad, but they don't give a damn because caring about one group of kids is worth far more political social credit. Our hearts go to Urkraine, but who cares about the numerous other genocides, war crimes, unjust wars, etc. that the party hasn't told us to care about? Everyone still went to Qatar. Just like the Republicans and their special pleading hypocrisy.

We all know Republicans don't care about workers rights, they'd have us work 100 hour weeks with no PTO for minimum wage and no benefits. So what about the Left? Do they care about employees or political posturing? The answer is clear when you look at the fact that even Bernie is arguing for rail workers to have 7 PTO days. That's laughably low, and what about the rest of us? He and his peers, again, just push the topic of the day for votes, just like caring about border but not foster kids.

What about guns? The Left wants guns gone more than anything, same as the right wants to be able to go to Wal-Mart and buy a grenade launcher for home defense. Blatant reflections of each other, but neither gives a darn about the real problem: mental health. Because being pro/anti gun gets the votes. The Right probably thinks mental illness is demons or something, which gets them votes, whereas the Left now actively encourages mental illness as something chic and individuating, which gets them votes. Because they care ABOUT THE VOTES, not about you or me. Just take any mass shooting - literally neither side cares about what might have driven a person to do that, or bullying, or parenting, or the already mentioned mental health. Only "keep/take guns". "Guns are the cause." Do mentally healthy people commit mass murder?

Remember the days when the Right used to try and cancel people under accusations that were guilty until proven innocent? Like Marilyn Manson? But who actually successfully canceled Manson under accusations that were guilty until proven innocent? The same people who cancel everyone these days, the Left. Remember "believe all women" followed by the Depp trial, after he was canceled under accusations that were guilty until proven innocent?

How about abortion? It's my body my choice, unless of course we're talking about politicized topics. Tell me when I can work (if I'm even defined as essential enough), tell me I'm defined by my skin color or the acts of my ancestors (original sin, really?), try to stop my income because of what a doctor recommends me? You're going to treat people like second class citizens in the hospital simply because they caught a specific illness with a high survival rate? But only the Republicans are tyrants, of course, only they are fascist and authoritarian, you aren't mirror images of each other.

And you know something? Never once at work have I had a conservative try to shove their religion down my throat. I was even outted at one job ignorantly as a "satanist" and the conservatives just joked with me about it. The Ledt will not. shut. up at work. About how they have their position cause of gender or race while telling the rest of their demographic how they need to be saved by a company, about how they're triple jabbed and still masking even though they have Covid, about how they're part of an anti capitalist rebellion as they work OT in their favorite brand name shirt, about how their votes "won't be counted" cause of their color in our purple gone blue state. SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR RELIGION AT WORK.

Remember when they freaked out at Republicans killing an effigy of Obama (messed up) then loved a mock decapitation of Trump? Remember the Republicans screaming to Democrats that they need to respect the president, and the democrats just laughing? And who now thinks we need to respect the office itself irrelevant of the person while the other side hypocritically mocks? Who mocked Trump falling on stairs and now can't handle it when people laugh at Biden? I explicitly remember an incident where how Trump took a drink of water was analyzed.

Both parties are exactly. The. Same. Thing. Because American politics is all one party: the Anti-Citizen, keep ourselves rich, and stay in power party. Democrats, Republicans, tomatoe tomatoe. They are the same thing.
What an attitude.

Audie

Veteran Member
The kinds of arguments in this thread typify exactly why I refuse to identify as a "centrist" despite not fitting comfortably within the left or the right. There is no "center" between neo-Nazism and racial equality, or between adhering to medical consensus about COVID and completely flouting preventive measures. Ditto for legalizing same-sex marriage and banning it. Sometimes the sensible and ethical position is squarely on one side only.
Example of last sentence

PureX

Veteran Member
Democrats want to stick with the good old fashioned capitalism where the rich exploit everyone else, but not to the point where they feel it hurt too much. So we can continue to pretend that we aren't being exploited.

The Republicans want a new and far more aggressive form of capitalism in which the rich exploit everyone for everything they can get. Because that's what we all deserve for being weak and exploitable.

Democrats want to pretend this isn't a Darwinian economic system. They want us to have the illusion that equity and fairness mean something. But the republicans don't care about delusions of equity and fairness. They want the winners to win and the losers to be punished for losing.

The real ideology behind both parties is Darwinian capitalism. The rich use their money and power to exploit everyone else to gain more money and power. The democrats want them to do it in moderation, so they can do it perpetually. The republicans want to push it to the limit to see who gets to be the 'big winner'. None of them understand anything but competition as a method of existence. And that's a shame. Because there are other, better ways.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ahh I see

I guess having a parliament system means you learn not to get too attached to leaders of any party. Since they can be voted out even if they lead the country lol or are even simply removed if they’re considered really bad

Made that mistake a few years back myself. Very dumb of me lol

I think much of the hero worship and attachment comes from media hype. That seems to be what makes the difference between the big-time pop stars versus the lesser-known B-list performers. One can see similar phenomena when it comes to fads, fashions, the latest dance craze, etc. It's the bandwagon effect where people jump on the bandwagon because they think everyone else is on it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's difficult to say who is worse generally.
Pubs & Dems shift back & forth on the
anti-libertarian spectrum regularly.
Trumpism is more evil at the moment,
but I'm confident that Dems will eventually
rise to the challenge.