• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Restitution Of All Things

FineLinen

Magnificent overflow !

renderTimingPixel.png

The Master does all things well. He clears the air of the human condition, the disordered mess of struggling humanity to set it right once & for all.

The band-aid of the Law has been swallowed by the Spirit of the living & breathing God.

Our Father Abba = magnificent overflow.

"The whole of created life shall be delivered & set free.."

Last edited:

FineLinen

Hope Beyond Hell

Are you at peace regarding the eternal destiny of your children, parents, brothers, sisters, and grandparents?

Are you experiencing abundant joy in your “personal” salvation while unsure if some of your dearest loved ones might suffer throughout eternity?

How is that possible if you really love them as much as you love yourself?

We Christians have a problem, a very serious problem. The problem is our belief that hell is “eternal” and that most of humanity will suffer endlessly. Deep inside we know something is not right, but we suppress our questions and doubts because we “think” the Bible teaches it. What inner conflict rages within us! It is futile to find satisfying answers to the problems this issue raises.

https://www.hopebeyondhell.net/

FineLinen

An old message

renderTimingPixel.png

The Restitution of all things is not a new idea.

The following are a few of the ladies in the past few hundred years who have grasped the Hope of all hope.

Sharon Baker

https://www.nomadpodcast.co.uk/nomad...d-razing-hell/

Madeleine L'Engle

L'Engle was Episcopalian and believed in Christian universalism, which insisted that everyone will ultimately be saved by God. She meditated on religious issues in such books as And It Was Good: Reflections on Beginnings (1983). L'Engle also worked at St. John the Divine in New York City as a librarian and writer-in-residence for more than three decades.

Anne Bronte

One of the three famous Bronte sisters, Anne is remembered for being the most pious. Before she died from tuberculosis at the tender age of 29, Anne admitted to a faith in universalism, as the following poem and letter testify.

A Word to The 'Elect'

You may rejoice to think yourselves secure;
You may be grateful for the gift divine -
That grace unsought, which made your black hearts pure,
And fits your earth-born souls in Heaven to shine.

But, is it sweet to look around, and view
Thousands excluded from that happiness
Which they deserved, at least, as much as you, -
Their faults not greater, nor their virtues less?

And, wherefore should you love your God the more,
Because to you alone his smiles are given;
Because he chose to pass the many o'er,
And only bring the favoured few to Heaven?

And, wherefore should your hearts more grateful prove,
Because for ALL the Saviour did not die?
Is yours the God of justice and of love?
And are your bosoms warm with charity?

Say, does your heart expand to all mankind?
And, would you ever to your neighbor do -
The weak, the strong, the enlightened, and the blind -
As you would have your neighbor do to you?

And, when you, looking on your fellow-men,
Behold them doomed to endless misery,
How can you talk of joy and rapture then? -
May God withhold such cruel joy from me!

That none deserve eternal bliss I know;
Unmerited the grace in mercy given:
But, none shall sink to everlasting woe,
That have not well deserved the wrath of Heaven.

And, oh! there lives within my heart
A hope, long nursed by me;
(And, should its cheering ray depart,
How dark my soul would be!)

That as in Adam all have died,
In Christ shall all men live;
And ever round his throne abide,
Eternal praise to give.

That even the wicked shall at last
Be fitted for the skies;
And, when their dreadful doom is past,
To life and light arise.

I ask not, how remote the day,
Nor what the sinners' woe,
Before their dross is purged away;
Enough for me, to know

That when the cup of wrath is drained,
The metal purified,
They'll cling to what they once disdained,
And live by Him that died.

--Anne Bronte (1843)

Florence Nightingdale

Nightingale was a Christian universalist.

On 7 February 1837 – not long before her 17th birthday – something happened that would change her life: "God spoke to me", she wrote, "and called me to His service."

Hannah W. Smith

The Unselfishness of God and How I Discovered It (the missing chapters)

"Nothing can separate you from His love, absolutely nothing, neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature... We do not need to beg Him to bless us, He simply cannot help it. Therefore God is enough! God is enough for time, God is enough for eternity. God is enough!" -Hannah Whitall Smith-

Clara Barton (Founder Red Cross)

Although not formally a member of the Universalist Church of America in a 1905 letter to the widow of Carl Norman Thrasher, she identified herself with her parents' church as a "Universalist".

My dear friend and sister:

Your belief that I am a Universalist is as correct as your greater belief that you are one yourself, a belief in which all who are privileged to possess it rejoice. In my case, it was a great gift, like St. Paul, I "was born free", and saved the pain of reaching it through years of struggle and doubt.

My father was a leader in the building of the church in which Hosea Ballow preached his first dedication sermon. Your historic records will show that the old Huguenot town of Oxford, Mass. erected one of, if not the first Universalist Church in America. In this town I was born; in this church I was reared. In all its reconstructions and remodelings I have taken a part, and I look anxiously for a time in the near future when the busy world will let me once more become a living part of its people, praising God for the advance in the liberal faith of the religions of the world today, so largely due to the teachings of this belief.

Give, I pray you, dear sister, my warmest congratulations to the members of your society. My best wishes for the success of your annual meeting, and accept my thanks most sincerely for having written me.

Fraternally yours, (Signed) Clara Barton.

FineLinen

To him who has ears to hear.

The koine akouō points to an endowment of hearing. Out of that God given akouō comes understanding and perception.

In the Revelation, 2:11 & 2:17 & 2:29 each instance uses the koine akouō.

Endued with the faculty of hearing.

Not deaf.

To attend & consider.

To understand & perceive.

Are your ears awake? Listen. Listen to the wind words, the Spirit blowing through the churches. ~MSG

FineLinen

The Divine Equation

renderTimingPixel.png

The Divine equation that directs us to the scope of limited regarding the loss and the recovery of mankind =

"The conclusion is clear: if one offence condemns the entire human race; then in principle, the righteousness of one vindicates the entire human race. The disobedience of one exhibits mankind as sinners; the obedience of another exhibits mankind as righteous." ~The Mirror Bible

What Does Romans 5:19 Mean? "For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the one shall the many be made righteous."

Kathistemi =

To cause to be/ to exhibit.

We were not made sinners by our own disobedience; neither were we made righteous by our own obedience.

FineLinen

"God just doesn't throw a life preserver to a drowning person. He goes to the bottom of the sea, and pulls a corpse from the bottom of the sea, takes him up on the bank, breathes into him the breath of life and makes him alive." ~R. C. Sproul

FineLinen

Nobody Cares

There was a man who was imprisoned during Napoleon's reign. While sulking in his dungeon one day, he etched on the wall the words "Nobody Cares".

A few weeks later, through a crack in the dungeon floor, a little green shoot sprang forth, reaching toward the tiny ray of sunlight that came from his small prison cell window.

The prisoner began giving a portion of his daily water to the little shoot and it began to grow.

One morning the man awoke to a beautiful flower.

A tear rolling down his face, he crossed out the words, "Nobody Cares" and replaced them with "God Cares."

The story goes on to tell that His devotion to the flower was reported to the Empress Josephine. She was so very moved that she convinced Napoleon to set the man free.

FineLinen

I cannot say it any plainer than this: In Adam all are dying. All Adam can do is bring forth death. Death is in his seed. It is corruptible seed having no eternal life. Death is in a baby at conception. David said: "In sin did my mother conceive me." He was not slurring or degrading his mother; he was explaining the imperfection of the male sperm and the female ovum both contain sin and death. All of us were born into this natural death realm in our own order. There is only one way out! In Christ ALL are being made alive. ~Dora Van Essen

2ndpillar

I cannot say it any plainer than this: In Adam all are dying. All Adam can do is bring forth death. Death is in his seed. It is corruptible seed having no eternal life. Death is in a baby at conception. David said: "In sin did my mother conceive me." He was not slurring or degrading his mother; he was explaining the imperfection of the male sperm and the female ovum both contain sin and death. All of us were born into this natural death realm in our own order. There is only one way out! In Christ ALL are being made alive. ~Dora Van Essen

And yet you will die and be with the worms. You may indeed be raised from the dead, but in the end, those raised from the dead, will be judged according to their deeds, and those not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. If you are cast into the lake of fire, you surely will not want to have "eternal life" as does the devil (Revelation 20:10-15). Adam died because he didn't obey God, just as "every one will die for his own iniquity" (Jeremiah 31:30). Yeshua's message was to confess your sins, turn away from sin (repent), get baptized in the Spirit, and produce good fruit, otherwise you will be cast into the fire (Matthew 3). The devil's/Serpent's message was that you surely shall live (have eternal life), just follow my advice. (Genesis 3:4)

FineLinen

God is controlling and directing all into his desired goal, which is Himself. All was breathed out of Him; and all is being inhaled back into Him! ~Dora Van Essen

Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless Hope.

For with God nothing shall be impossible.

FineLinen

And yet you will die and be with the worms. You may indeed be raised from the dead, but in the end, those raised from the dead, will be judged according to their deeds, and those not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. If you are cast into the lake of fire, you surely will not want to have "eternal life" as does the devil (Revelation 20:10-15). Adam died because he didn't obey God, just as "every one will die for his own iniquity" (Jeremiah 31:30). Yeshua's message was to confess your sins, turn away from sin (repent), get baptized in the Spirit, and produce good fruit, otherwise you will be cast into the fire (Matthew 3). The devil's/Serpent's message was that you surely shall live (have eternal life), just follow my advice. (Genesis 3:4)

Dear Pillar: welcome to the God of restoration.

2 Samuel 14:14 KJV: For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again; neither doth God respect any person: yet doth he devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him.

From Him ta panta, through Him ta panta, to Him ta panta.

2ndpillar

2 Samuael 14:14 is about the banishment of Absalom, the son of David, who was to later take away David's kingdom of Judah and Jerusalem, as well as his concubines for the sin that David committed in taking his general's wife, as the punishment proscribed by Samuel for the rich man who took the poor man's wife. I don't think it turned out well for Absalom.

FineLinen

2 Samuael 14:14 is about the banishment of Absalom, the son of David, who was to later take away David's kingdom of Judah and Jerusalem, as well as his concubines for the sin that David committed in taking his general's wife, as the punishment proscribed by Samuel for the rich man who took the poor man's wife. I don't think it turned out well for Absalom.

Pillar: At this point in your journey back into our heavenly Lord, you may not be aware that God devises ways to bring the banished home to Himself. There are NO limits of His ability to accomplish His purposes as the One who is the ta panta.

I wish you well on your continuing journey back into His loving embrace.

2ndpillar

Pillar: At this point in your journey back into our heavenly Lord, you may not be aware that God devises ways to bring the banished home to Himself. There are NO limits of His ability to accomplish His purposes as the One who is the .ta panta

I wish you well on your continuing journey back into His loving embrace.

The multiplying a of words is not serving you well. The "banished" one in your quote, was Absalom, and it did not turn out well for him.

Proverbs 20:…18 The one who conceals hatred has lying lips, and whoever spreads slander is a fool. 19 When words are many, sin is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise.

FineLinen

Last edited: