• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Restitution Of All Things

FineLinen

"Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets."

1. What is it?

2. What it is not.

3. What are the Scriptures pointing to this?

4. Who are some of those who have grasped the "Larger Hope"?

FineLinen

What I Believe =
renderTimingPixel.png

Every one of us, the good, the bad and the ugly face the FIRE of our Glorious God!

Our Father, Abba, is the final destination for the entire creation (clearly defined as the Source, Guide & Goal of the all/ ta panta).

I believe in "the restoration of ALL things, which God has spoken by the mouths of the prophets since the world began." -Acts 3:21-

I believe that the "good tidings of great joy will be to ALL people." -Luke 2:10

I believe that believers in Christ Jesus are "born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor the will of man, but of God." -John 1:13-

I believe that God appointed Jesus Christ "heir of ALL things, and through whom He made the universe." -Hebr. 1:2-

I believe that "no man can come to Christ unless the Father who sent Him draws him." -John 6:44

I believe "God gave Jesus authority over ALL flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as God gave Him." -John 17:2-

I believe the Father "has given ALL things into Jesus' hands." -John 13:3-

I believe that Jesus Christ "was the true light which gives light to every man who come into the world." -John 1:9

I believe that "just as the result of one trespass was condemnation to ALL men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification for ALL men." -Romans 5:18

I believe one mans sin "brought condemnation for all mankind." -Romans 5: 19-

I believe one mans righteousness brings "right relationship with God, and new life for everyone." -Romans 5:19-

I believe one mans sin made the whole of mankind sinners. I also believe the righteousness of one Man makes the whole of mankind righteous.

FineLinen

The Divine Equation =

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Note

1. Condemnation upon the radical pas of "all mankind."

Result = "many made sinners."

2. Justification of life upon the many made sinners through the obedience of One making the identical polus "righteous."

Two heads one outcome

Adam1 = many made sinners.

Last Adam = many made righteous.

All = all...many = many...some = some....many = many.

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
I believe that "just as the result of one trespass was condemnation to ALL men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification for ALL men." -Romans 5:18
it's your version that says so.
Romans 5:18 doesn't have a verb. see Romans 5:18 Interlinear: So, then, as through one offence to all men it is to condemnation, so also through one declaration of 'Righteous' it is to all men to justification of life;
You first added the "was" and left out the Greek "eis". It's flawed, I think.

You could translate "could serve as" instead of "was", too.
I believe one mans righteousness brings "right relationship with God, and new life for everyone." -Romans 5:19-

you or your version added the "everyone". It's not there in the original text.

So you smuggled words into the original text.
I believe one mans sin made the whole of mankind sinners. I also believe the righteousness of one Man makes the whole of mankind righteous.
the red expression is not there in the text. It's in your head.

FineLinen

Magnificent overflow !
renderTimingPixel.png

The Master of the Glory does all things well. He clears the air of the human condition, the disordered mess of struggling humanity to set is right once & for all.

The band-aid of the Law has been swallowed by the Spirit of the living & breathing God.

Our Father Abba = magnificent overflow.

Romans 8 | MSG Bible | YouVersion

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/ set free from the tyranny of change and decay..."

The Letter to the Romans is a masterpiece that speaks to us of a Day of all days when the futility of change and decay ceases with deliverance by the One who has made us subject to disobedience "not willingly", but "by reason of Him who made it so .

The curse of sin has its limits, ultimately to be swallowed by the Lord of zao life.

"No more let sin and sorrow grow, or thorns infest the ground, He comes to make His blessings flow.....

Far as the curse is found.

Yes, Isaac Watts wrote over 750 hymns, and was a believer in the glorious Restitution of all.

Nova2216

(Ezekiel 18:20), (James 1:13-15) and (Rom. 5:12) all teach that the individuals sins are upon him and not another person.

The doctrine of original sins is wrong according to the scriptures I just posted..

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 ¶ But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Jas 1:13 ¶ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

FineLinen

(Ezekiel 18:20), (James 1:13-15) and (Rom. 5:12) all teach that the individuals sins are upon him and not another person.

The doctrine of original sins is wrong according to the scriptures I just posted..

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 ¶ But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Jas 1:13 ¶ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Hi there Nova: the day I came out of my mothers womb, kicking and screaming, a huge problem existed. Before I could prove what a wicked rascal I was by deeds, there existed this radical propensity to sin by nature.

According to the Theos perfect equation, that radical propensity appears in us all in our genes and chromosomes as a result of Adam1 as we were made sin.

FineLinen

Hi there Nova: the day I came out of my mothers womb, kicking and screaming, a huge problem existed. Before I could prove what a wicked rascal I was by deeds, there existed this radical propensity to sin by nature.

According to the Theos perfect equation, that radical propensity appears in us all in our genes and chromosomes as a result of Adam1 as we were made sin.

Questions =

1. Were all mankind "made sinners"? (Rom. 5: 18,19

2. Has God "shut up all mankind to disobedience" ? (Romans 11:32)

3. Why?

150 Reasons For Believing In The Final Salvation Of All Mankind

Seven Large Myths

7 Myths About Universalism

A Summary Of The Divine Plan

SUMMARY OF

FineLinen

Apocatastasis =

The eventual reconciliation of all living things to Christ (Acts 3:21).

“The Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.” (1 John 4:14)

Jesus is “the Christ, the Savior of the world.” (John 4:42)

“This is good and acceptable in the sight of our God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus: Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” (1 Tim. 2:3-6, KJV)

Jesus “is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.” (1 John 2:2)

Jesus “did not come to judge the world but to save the world.” (John 12:47)

“Jesus, was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.” (Heb. 2:9)

“Love NEVER fails.” (1 Cor. 13:8)

“With God nothing is impossible.” (Luke 1:37)

“This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach.” (1 Tim. 4:9-11)

“In the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of those in heaven, and those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.” (Phil. 2:10:11)

“God was pleased to have all fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things on earth or in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation.” (Col. 1:19, 21, 22)

In Jesus Christ is “the restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.” (Acts 3:21)

The Gospel is “good tidings of great joy will be to all people.” (Luke 2:10)

Believers in Christ are “born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:13)

God appointed Jesus “heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.” (Heb. 1:2)

“No one can come to Christ unless the Father who sent Him draws him.” (John 6:44)

“As God gave Jesus authority over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as God gave Him.” (John 17:2)

The Father “has given all things into Jesus’ hands.” (John 13:3)

-to be continued-

Last edited:

FineLinen

The previous Scripture are the foundation of apocatastasis. The foundational koine, and Old Covenant Hebrew, provide us with the precise meaning of every word.

Welcome to our Father's cherished purpose in our Lord Jesus Christ.

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him."

Nova2216

Sin is committed not inherited (Ezekiel 18:20) (James 1 :13-15) (1Jn 3:4).

1Jo 3:4 ¶ Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

TRUE or FALSE

Please tell me what sin a baby has committed? (1Jn 3:4)

thomas t

As I said: the "is" is not there in the original text (Romans 5:18). Click on this LINK, and it get's clear. You could insert all sorts of verbs there: "could be", "is intended to serve for"... whatever.
As I said: the "everyone" isn't there in Romans 5:19. You added it to the verse.
“This is good and acceptable in the sight of our God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus: Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.”
"will" is merely your version. In Koine Greek, it's "desire" 1 Timothy 2:4 Interlinear: who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth; - not "will". It's my Bible interpretation that God did not intend or desire Abel to be killed by Cain. Yet Abel ended up dead.
This is just one example of a verse out of your list, that does not prove Universal Reconciliation. Neither does Acts 3:21 (see below). Neither does John 4:42 (or 1 John 4:14), as this verse could merely means that he saved the Cosmos - the entire world. However, this does not necessarily entail that every single being inside of it is saved on an individual level.
The world is saved yes. But, you can be unsaved in a saved world. Very much in the way that you can be poor in a rich country. If a country is rich, this is good for you - but you still can be poor. This, in my opinion, is the analogy to a saved world.
So the first three verses out of your list did not do their job of showing "Universal Reconciliation" - so it makes sense to assume that the rest of your list won't either.

the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ;
and once everything is restored according to Acts 3:21... you want wrongdoers to enter heaven to distort everything.

You have nothing to back this up scriptureally.
It's your presumption.
Now you quote

I don't. It's your presumption made by you and your fellow universalists.
150 reasons to believe that those who were victims on earth need to be perpetrated through all eternities by the same persons they were wronged on earth already? nope.
None of your 150 reasons proves universalism.
Let's tackle the first three. I'll show you that the first three "reasons" are not reasons for Universal Reconciliation, so it makes sense to assume that the other 147 won't either.

these are the first three:
1. God is Omniscient. “His understanding is infinite; declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done.” “Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.” Psalm 147:5; Isa. 46:10; Acts 15:18. God, then, as well knew when he created Adam what would be the eternal destiny of every individual of his posterity, as he will know when the last generation of man shall have entered on their eternal state. If all are to be saved, he knew it; and if part are to be saved, and part eternally damned, the fate of each individual soul was known to him. These conclusions are just as certain as that God’s knowledge is infinite.

2. God must have designed what he knew would be the eternal destiny of each individual of our race. If he knew all would be saved, he must have designed the salvation of all; and if he knew part would be saved, and part damned without relief and without end, he must have designed the salvation of some and the damnation of others. Every man designs what he knows will be the result of his voluntary acts. If I know when I speak to a certain person he will fall at my feet dead, and if I persist in speaking to him with this knowledge of the consequence, I, of course, intend he shall die; so if God knows the destiny of all men, and I have proved that he does, all who go to heaven will go there by his decree, and all who go to hell will go there by his decree. This is just as certain as that two and two make four. Arminianism, then, is resolved into Calvinism. Would God have created conscious beings, knowing and intending that eternal misery would be their doom? Impossible, utterly impossible, for

3. God is love, is infinitely good. “There is none good but one, that is God.” Mark 10:18. On the words “God is love,” Dr. A. Clarke, the celebrated Methodist Commentator, writes as follows:

1. omniscience does not imply reconciliation.

2. This is no proof for reconciliation either. God first created the world including two human beings. The humans we see today is procreation. God granted humans the opportunity to procreate, so that parents have the chance to procreate. That's part of creation. It's natural.
3. there is a need of protection for all former victims of violence. If a victim enters heaven, it must be safe, I think.

Last edited:

FineLinen

Sin is committed not inherited (Ezekiel 18:20) (James 1 :13-15) (1Jn 3:4).

1Jo 3:4 ¶ Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

TRUE or FALSE

Please tell me what sin a baby has committed? (1Jn 3:4)

Nova: there is no question sin is committed in an abundant array of darkness and in varying degrees. Sin is not simply wrong doing, sin is wrong being from which all sin(s) transpire.

FineLinen

once everything is restored according to Acts 3:21... you want wrongdoers to enter heaven to distort everything.

Thomas: there is no free ride! Restoration is precisely that, return from whence we came, from what we lost in the great chasm of lostness, sin and despair.

Every last degree of sin, and more importantly the nature from which all sin comes, must be radically changed and transformed by the presence of the God whose essence is Fire.

RESTORATION | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

The act/ process of returning lost sinners to their earlier condition or position to their Owner.

Last edited:

thomas t

Thomas: there is no free ride!
yes, I know that you guys are claiming so. But you don't/can't show why this stops certain people from misbehaving again.
You guys want wrongdoers to enter heaven.
You say, they will have received their punishment somewhere before... but, if they sin again, you have God punishing again, and then they sin again, and then God punishes again ... and so on. For all eternities, I guess.

This also means loads of work for God, the punisher in your scenario...
that's what restoration is, yeah precisely. But that doesn't mean it stops anyone from sinning again. Like they did in the garden.
Once everything is nicely restored and as it was in the garden... wrongdoers might redo what they know best: harming other people/ or creation as a whole... and you might end up having the same sort of mess we're having here on earth right now: nature polluted, people getting harmed and so on.

There needs to be some sort of safety in heaven, I think.

Last edited:

FineLinen

yes, I know that you guys are claiming so. But you don't/can't show why this stops certain people from misbehaving again.
You guys want wrongdoers to enter heaven.
You say, they will have received their punishment somewhere before... but, if they sin again, you have God punishing again, and then they sin again, and then God punishes again ... and so on. For all eternities, I guess.

This also means loads of work for God, the punisher in your scenario...

that's what restoration is, yeah precisely. But that doesn't mean it stops anyone from sinning again. Like they did in the garden.
Once everything is nicely restored and as it was in the garden... wrongdoers might redo what they know best: harming other people/ or creation as a whole... and you might end up having the same sort of mess we're having here on earth right now: nature polluted, people getting harmed and so on.

There needs to be some sort of safety in heaven, I think.

Thomas: I know not who "you guys" are. I know a few of the you guys, all of whom walk in union with the Lord of glory and inspire this old fella.

I also know the remarkable men and women of past days who grasped the Larger Hope. We will consider some of them at a later date if the Lord so inspires.

After walking now with our glorious Lord for over 60 years, I have learned a basic fact. He can be trusted to do all things well and in precise detail.

I despise sin and all that flows from it. In the final details of Reconciliation, every last digit of the curse is removed in the good, bad and ugly!

Last edited:

FineLinen

Jesus “was the true light which gives light to every man who comes into the world.” (John 1:9)

“Just as the result of one trespass was condemnation of all mankind, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all mankind.” (Rom. 5:18)

Jesus is “able even to subdue all things to Himself.” (Phil. 3:21)

Jesus came “that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will.” (Eph. 1:10, 11)

“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering towards us, not willing that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)

“God was Christ reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: be reconciled to God.” (2 Cor. 5:19, 20)

“ALL the nations shall be blessed.” (Gal 3:8)

“The Bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives Life to the world.” (John 6:33)

Jesus commanded us to be like Himself and His Father: “Love your enemies, bless those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.” (Matt. 5:44, 45)

“And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw (drag in the Greek, helkuo) all mankind unto Myself.” (John 12:32)

“Creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope, because creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.” (Rom. 8:20, 21)

“The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hands.” (John 3:35)

“Since by man came death, by man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all died, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.” (1 Cor. 15:22)

Jesus “is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.” (Col. 1:15, 16)

“ALL shall know the Lord, from the least of them to the greatest of them.” (Heb. 8:11)

“The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.” (Titus 2:11)

We are not to “repay evil for evil.” (Rom. 12:17)

“If anyone’s work which he has built endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved yet so as through fire.” (1 Cor. 3:14, 15)

“Of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen” (Rom. 11:36)

“ALL Israel will be saved.” (Rom. 11:26)

“Christ’s love compels us because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.” (2 Cor. 5:14)

“The head of EVERY man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.” (1 Cor. 11:3)

“ALL nations shall come and worship You, for your judgments have been made manifested.” (Rev. 15:4)

Last edited:

FineLinen

Are you saying (1Jn 3:4) is wrong?

Surely you jest!

"Beloved, we are God’s children right now; however, it is not yet apparent what we will become. But we do know that when it is finally made visible, we will be just like him, for we will see him as he truly is. And all who focus their hope on him will always be purifying themselves, just as Jesus is pure. Anyone who indulges in sin lives in moral anarchy, for the definition of sin is breaking God’s law. And you know without a doubt that Jesus was revealed to eradicate sins, and there is no sin in him. Anyone who continues to live in union with him will not sin. But the one who continues sinning hasn’t seen him with discernment or known him by intimate experience." -TPT

Last edited: