• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Receding Floodwaters Evidence for Noah's Flood Michael Oard

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
this is the best video about the global flood of noah's time i have seen
I'm happy to take your word for it.

My own view is that if the Genesis flood story were factual, an actual event in the earth's history, then the evidence for its happening would be everywhere, unavoidable, leave no possibility for doubt, sticking itself unarguably up even the most skeptical nose. Even at the simplest, most fundamental level, we couldn't help being confronted by ─

* a single geological flood layer all over all continents, islands and the ocean floor, every part of which dated to a single year or so in the last ten thousand years, and

* a genetic bottleneck in the genes of every species of land animal, every such bottleneck dating to the same date, and that date being in the last ten thousand years, and

* 1.113 billion cubic miles of water over and above the water we presently see on the earth (that's to say, enough extra water to cover the top of Mt Everest 20 feet deep).

But we find none of those things. We find nothing even vaguely resembling those things. We find nothing else in geology, genetics, hydrology, archaeology and so on, that even hints at such an event.

Stone cold motherless nothing.

So I'm inclined to say the Flood story is (as Mythbusters puts it) BUSTED.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
what they teach in college courses is nonsense. if they tell you something in school then you know that it is false because that is the job of public schools. public schools exist only to corrupt and pervert the minds of young people, to mislead them and sabotage their lives.

Dang, that looks just like what the fundamentalist religions are doing.

Schools, on the other hand, are attempting to combat the superstitious nonsense of your original video.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
education is not benevolent at all. when you pay to go to university you are paying to be brainwashed and to have your brain stuffed with wicked nonsense.
it doesnt take much to see through the nonsensical fundamental principles they teach.

Really? I challenge you on that.

they have science professors making statements about the size and structure of the cosmos and humanity's place in it that are totally irrational.
Like that the universe is about 13.7 billion years old and is billions of light years across? Sorry, but that is what the evidence actually says.

what they are trying to twist young people's brains into believing is that we live in a vast, meaningless, impossibly old and impossibly vast, Godless universe,
Well, the universe *is* much older and vaster than religious fundamentalists would like. Too bad for them. Most schools say nothing at all about God one way or the other. It is considered a personal matter.

if they can convince people of this then they can corrupt these people because they will suffer an existential crisis causing neurosis and depression which opens them up to perverting influence.
Once again, religions seem to be doing this quite well and have been for ages. When science started going, we finally pulled ourselves out of the muck and started treating mental issues.

this world is ruled by those who serve evil and they control all of society's institutions. just look at all the horrid media they produce in video games, tv shows, movies etc

Garbage. The world is ruled by ignorant people, often self-serving, and voted into office by others who are ignorant and self-serving. The onlynt agenda is self-preservation.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
amazing how people blind themselves and embrace irrational beliefs bending way over backwards just because they don't want to accept that God is their superior.

People blinding themselves to reality and embracing irrational beliefs tend to show up on the religious side of things, not on the scientific side.

chris baron

Dang, that looks just like what the fundamentalist religions are doing.

Schools, on the other hand, are attempting to combat the superstitious nonsense of your original video.

so you are saying the rocks are lying?

if you see a sandcastle on the beach and someone tells you that that sandcastle was built by some kids 200 yrs ago are you going to believe him?

educational institutions exist not to educate people but rather to deceive them. satan the lying deceiver will tell you that humanity has made progress but the reality is that we have degenerated horribly.

don't worry though the date set for the destruction of this world was set millenia ago and the time scale is only thousands of years not billions and billions of them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
those statics do not include surgical and chemical abortion and the effect that toxic media has had on spousal relationships and family. those statics are false, they are trying to sell you Godless, transhumanist modernity, making you think that life has become better with science and technology but it hasnt. they have you in their spell, you are hallucinating.

the people who you trust in educational institutions and in the media are not trustworthy they are confidence tricksters who want to dominate and defile you in the service of evil but if this evil appeals to you then you're just one of them.

Such are not included in those stats for several reasons, the main one, a fetus that is incapable of survival outside its mother is not medically viable

And even so, they do not account for more than 5 billion abortions as would be required to satisfy your statement.

If you claim otherwise please provide your evidence.

chris baron

I'm happy to take your word for it.

My own view is that if the Genesis flood story were factual, an actual event in the earth's history, then the evidence for its happening would be everywhere, unavoidable, leave no possibility for doubt, sticking itself unarguably up even the most skeptical nose. Even at the simplest, most fundamental level, we couldn't help being confronted by ─

* a single geological flood layer all over all continents, islands and the ocean floor, every part of which dated to a single year or so in the last ten thousand years, and

* a genetic bottleneck in the genes of every species of land animal, every such bottleneck dating to the same date, and that date being in the last ten thousand years, and

* 1.113 billion cubic miles of water over and above the water we presently see on the earth (that's to say, enough extra water to cover the top of Mt Everest 20 feet deep).

But we find none of those things. We find nothing even vaguely resembling those things. We find nothing else in geology, genetics, hydrology, archaeology and so on, that even hints at such an event.

Stone cold motherless nothing.

So I'm inclined to say the Flood story is (as Mythbusters puts it) BUSTED.

all the world's mountain ranges were thrown up catastrophically during the genesis flood and this is why sedimentary layers and fossils of marine animals are found up there.

im not smarter than you are. you know these things as well as i do. maybe you are just on the other team

chris baron

Such are not included in those stats for several reasons, the main one, a fetus that is incapable of survival outside its mother is not medically viable

And even so, they do not account for more than 5 billion abortions as would be required to satisfy your statement.

If you claim otherwise please provide your evidence.

is a new born baby capable of surviving without its mother? since a newborn baby like an unborn one is dependent on its mother does this mean it needs to be killed or that its humanity is not valid and therefore can be killed vacu sucked to shreds and flushed down the toilet or worse with hartless impunity? why do people bend over backwards to justify the murder of unborn babies?

is a one year old child capable of surviving without its mother?

is a two year old or a three year old or a 10 year old capable of surviving without its mother?

is a mother capable of surviving independently without the support of others?

your arguments are shallow and the product of atheistic and materialistic thinking and this is what they lead to - Canadian Mother Strangles Newborn, Gets No Jail Time and Judge Defends Infanticide By Comparing It to Abortion

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
so you are saying the rocks are lying?

No. I am saying that the people who produced that video are lying. The rocks themselves don't tell the story that video claims.

if you see a sandcastle on the beach and someone tells you that that sandcastle was built by some kids 200 yrs ago are you going to believe him?

Irrelevant to the issue at hand.

educational institutions exist not to educate people but rather to deceive them. satan the lying deceiver will tell you that humanity has made progress but the reality is that we have degenerated horribly.

Garbage. It is the religious institutions that have the motivation to lie to people to get them to donate money for nothing. Education is exactly that: learning how the world really works as opposed to the myth some superstitions make up.

don't worry though the date set for the destruction of this world was set millenia ago and the time scale is only thousands of years not billions and billions of them.

I have no worries at all concerning this myth. The Earth is billions of years old. And the universe is about three times as old as the Earth. The myths from pre-scientific agricultural societies don't hold any actual truths.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
is a new born baby capable of surviving without its mother? since a newborn baby like an unborn one is dependent on its mother does this mean it needs to be killed or that its humanity is not valid and therefore can be killed vacu sucked to shreds and flushed down the toilet or worse with hartless impunity? why do people bend over backwards to justify the murder of unborn babies?

is a two year old or a three year old or a 10 year old capable of surviving without its mother?

your arguments are shallow and the product of atheistic and materialistic thinking and this is what they lead to - Canadian Mother Strangles Newborn, Gets No Jail Time and Judge Defends Infanticide By Comparing It to Abortion

They are not babies, they are feotus's, why do people insist on using irrelevant but emotional words to massage their ego?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it is just opinion, legal and medical definitions will not change because you have an opinion

Your 2,3, 10 year old straw man is irrelevant, as is your mother straw man. All are capable of breathing, of heart beat, of gaining nourishment without the parasitic actions of talking it from their mother.

My argument is based on medical science and law. And another irrelevant straw man wont help.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
all the world's mountain ranges were thrown up catastrophically during the genesis flood and this is why sedimentary layers and fossils of marine animals are found up there.

If true, the mountains would have melted from the energy release. Instead, this was a slow process.

im not smarter than you are. you know these things as well as i do. maybe you are just on the other team

I am not on any team other than that of truth. I understand the science and understand it to be basically correct. I also understand the idea of a global flood simply doesn't fit the evidence. There may well have been a *local* flood that was the basis for the *story*, but there was no global flood.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
is a new born baby capable of surviving without its mother?
Yes. Anybody can care for a new born baby.

since a newborn baby like an unborn one is dependent on its mother does this mean it needs to be killed or that its humanity is not valid and therefore can be killed vacu sucked to shreds and flushed down the toilet or worse with hartless impunity?
No, because at this point its existence is not inextricably linked with the bodily autonomy of another.

As long as it is, bodily autonomy should ALWAYS take precedent.

why do people bend over backwards to justify the murder of unborn babies?
We don't have to. It's fairly easy to justify the precedence of bodily autonomy over dependent life - even if we grant that a foetus is a living thing, which we don't even have to.

Yes. Again, children that are already born can be supported by any human being without a sacrifice of bodily autonomy.

Yes. See above.

Yes. Again, bodily autonomy is the issue.

I find it hilarious that you accuse other people's arguments of being shallow despite comparing abortion to murder and committing a slippery slope fallacy.

No such case has ever happened in the history of the world. Stop fantasizing.

sooda

Veteran Member
all the world's geological features can not be explained by uniformitarian slow processes.
there was a massive hydrological disaster in the recent past just like the bible says and it formed every geological that there is on the face of the earth.
you know this is true but you don't like it to be true. you are being dumb on purpose.
you can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality

You should take a basic course in Geology.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If that were the case then it would be clearly stated in reputable journals of geology.

Instead the evidence points to the slow but definite movement of the earth's tectonic plates, propelled by tides within the molten core of the earth, giving rise to the chains of mountains where plates collide (volcanos can make mountains too), and ocean deeps where they draw apart. If you go to Google Earth and look at the oceans, you can see much of the evidence for yourself, and the outline, especially in the oceans, of several major plates; and also see why eg Japan and California are so prone to earthquakes, Italy and Indonesia to volcanic activity and so on. And google 'tectonic plates' while you're there.

It's the stuff you'll find in those reputable journals of geology that I mentioned.
you know these things as well as i do.
I know that there are stories about the Flood, the oldest that we know about being from ancient Sumer (where the chosen one is called Ziasudra and Anu is the father of the Gods), which passed their legend on to the (Semitic) Akkadians and Babylonians (where the chosen one is Uta-napishti and the god Enki tells him to make the ark), and these traveled to (Semitic) Canaan and found their way into the bible as the story of Noah.
maybe you are just on the other team
In my team we do our best to understand the universe and its history by reasoned enquiry based on examinable evidence and transparent discussion.

How do they do it in your team?

chris baron

No. I am saying that the people who produced that video are lying. The rocks themselves don't tell the story that video claims.

the rocks don't show millions of years. mountains that crumble everyday can not be millions of years old anymore than a sandcastle can be centuries old.
grand canyon was formed catastrophically and we witnessed the processes that formed it on a small scale at mt. st. helens.

These are the signs of Allah.We rehearse them to thee in Truth: And Allah means no injustice to any of His creatures. (Surah Al-Imran, 108)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
the rocks don't show millions of years.
Actually, yes they do.

mountains that crumble everyday can not be millions of years old anymore than a sandcastle can be centuries old.

Look at how much the mountains 'crumble' over the course of a decade. Then scale up and see how long they last. Sandcastles decay much faster and for reasons we understand.

grand canyon was formed catastrophically and we witnessed the processes that formed it on a small scale at mt. st. helens.

There were catastrophic floods in the past, but such cannot explain much of the geology we see. Mt St. Helens isn't comparable, sorry.

sooda

Veteran Member
the rocks don't show millions of years. mountains that crumble everyday can not be millions of years old anymore than a sandcastle can be centuries old.

You know the Red Sea is still parting and the Arabian Peninsula is still tilting to the East... The Himalayas are still growing taller.

Do you have any science training?

1. 9 Oldest Mountain Ranges in the World | Oldest.org
    www.oldest.org/nature/mountain-ranges
    9 Oldest Mountain Ranges in the World. By studying the strata of sediment and rock formation, they can compare their findings to the geologic time scale and produce data about the absolute dating, or specific time, in which the rocks and mountain range was formed. Thanks to their findings, we now know the 9 oldest mountain ranges in the world.

2. The Oldest Mountains on Earth
    www.geologyin.com/2016/03/the-oldest-mountain-on-earth.html
    The Oldest Mountains on Earth. The area ranges in altitude from 600 to 1,800 meters above mean sea level. The range is best known for having some of the oldest exposed rocks on Earth estimated to be between 3.2 and 3.6 billion years (Ga) old, dating from the Paleoarchean. The mountain range's extreme age and exceptional preservation have yielded...

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-7_9-59-59.gif
    upload_2020-1-7_9-59-59.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 0

chris baron

You know the Red Sea is still parting and the Arabian Peninsula is still tilting to the East... The Himalayas are still growing taller.

Do you have any science training?

1. 9 Oldest Mountain Ranges in the World | Oldest.org
    www.oldest.org/nature/mountain-ranges
    9 Oldest Mountain Ranges in the World. By studying the strata of sediment and rock formation, they can compare their findings to the geologic time scale and produce data about the absolute dating, or specific time, in which the rocks and mountain range was formed. Thanks to their findings, we now know the 9 oldest mountain ranges in the world.

2. The Oldest Mountains on Earth
    www.geologyin.com/2016/03/the-oldest-mountain-on-earth.html
    The Oldest Mountains on Earth. The area ranges in altitude from 600 to 1,800 meters above mean sea level. The range is best known for having some of the oldest exposed rocks on Earth estimated to be between 3.2 and 3.6 billion years (Ga) old, dating from the Paleoarchean. The mountain range's extreme age and exceptional preservation have yielded...

what is science training? do i have to undergo an initiation ordeal?

just because the book says that the earth is billions of years old it doesnt mean that it is true. don't be naive. don't believe everything you read. don't you know when you are being manipulated?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

just because the book says that the earth is billions of years old it doesnt mean that it is true. don't be naive. don't believe everything you read. don't you know when you are being manipulated?
She meant education. No initiation, no ordeal. And it is not "Just because the book says". That is your sin. You appear to believe myths just because the Quran says so.

Would you like to learn how we know that there was no flood? Would you like to learn how we know that the Earth is billions of years old? It is not just because a book says so. It is because we can test these claims and confirm that they are correct.

sooda

Veteran Member

Like courses in geology....

Ignorance can become calcified.

1. Andes Mountains Are Older Than Previously Believed ...
    www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/...
    May 17, 2009 · The geologic faults responsible for the rise of the eastern Andes mountains in Colombia became active 25 million years ago—18 million years before the previously accepted start date for the ...

2. What Is the Difference Between a Young and an Old Mountain ...
    www.reference.com/science/difference-between...
    Full Answer. As soon as they appear above ground, mountains begin to fracture and dissolve due to rain, snow and other weather phenomena The estimated age of the Appalachian Mountains is hundreds of millions of years. The Himalayan Mountains, the tallest mountains in the world, are believed to be about 30 million years old,...