• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Receding Floodwaters Evidence for Noah's Flood Michael Oard

chris baron

Like it or not, and often in spite of religion, life has improved. You are relying on the extremes when you should be looking at the quality of life as a whole.
the average pro-life expectancy in the USA is only 17, in russia it is the lowest at 7. the world has NOT become better over the past 100 yrs with the rise of secularism and technology.

chris baron

What? Your ages are incredibly wrong.
how are these ages wrong.
pro-life expectancy includes those lost to abortion and birth control. conventional statistical estimates of average life expectancy exclude this important data set.
also, i read that 80 people die every day from opioid overdoses in the US.
no human progress at all has been made with increased sophistication of technology and scientific knowledge.
secularism has devalued life, reducing it to some insignificant blip on an impossibly long time span in an impossibly large universe.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
pro-life expectancy includes those lost to abortion and birth control. conventional statistical estimates of average life expectancy exclude this important data set.
no human progress at all has been made with increased sophistication of technology and scientific knowledge.
secularism has devalued life, reducing it to some insignificant blip on an impossibly long time span in an impossibly large universe.
Abortions simply do not count.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
this is the best video about the global flood of noah's time i have seen.

this documentary is well produced and pleasant to watch and describes conclusively how the geomorphology of the earth was shaped by the rising and receding genesis flood waters 4400 yrs ago.

I am a geologist with a speciality in geomorphology, and a distorted view of 150 years old science does not demonstrate that the Biblical flood ever happened.

All the pictures shown in this video essentially disprove the Biblical flood, because they represent not only millions of years of erosion, but billions of years of deposition of sedimentary strata, igneous volcanic activity, and the uplift of mountains caused by continental drift.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
the average pro-life expectancy in the USA is only 17, in russia it is the lowest at 7. the world has NOT become better over the past 100 yrs with the rise of secularism and technology.
Wow.
Just...
Wow.

I fail to see how anything productive can possibly come from interaction with you.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what they teach in college courses is nonsense. if they tell you something in school then you know that it is false because that is the job of public schools. public schools exist only to corrupt and pervert the minds of young people, to mislead them and sabotage their lives.
OK, forget school, then. It's all a massive, centuries-old, worldwide conspiracy. By whom? To what end? Don't ask.
So what does an impartial review of the empirical evidence indicate? There is no evidence of a flood that holds up to scrutiny, and there is massive evidence against it -- which anyone can review.

The flood story is folklore. Belief in it is faith. Are you claiming faith is superior to knowledge?
amazing how people blind themselves and embrace irrational beliefs bending way over backwards just because they don't want to accept that God is their superior.
How are you defining "irrational?" What is the rational evidence of God or of the flood?

I don't believe you're aware of the evidence that populations of animals, plants and people lived right through the period you claim for the flood, apparently unaware it ever happened.

exchemist

Veteran Member
how can you say that he is ignorant and that he lies if you don't even watch the video? if you feel threatened by the content then maybe the foundation of your opinions is unstable.
Not that old one again. :rolleyes:

The only "threats" this video appears to pose are those of stultifying boredom, combined with the generation of considerable annoyance.

Look, it is both lazy and arrogant to expect people to watch a video over an hour in length in order to comment, on a discussion forum. If you want to discuss something on a forum, you should make the points here, for yourself, in writing. Can you be bothered to do that?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Not that old one again. :rolleyes:

The only "threats" this video appears to pose are those of stultifying boredom, combined with the generation of considerable annoyance.

Look, it is both lazy and arrogant to expect people to watch a video over an hour in length in order to comment, on a discussion forum. If you want to discuss something on a forum, you should make the points here, for yourself, in writing. Can you be bothered to do that?
Gish Gallop.
Video style upgrade.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
this is the best video about the global flood of noah's time i have seen.

this documentary is well produced and pleasant to watch and describes conclusively how the geomorphology of the earth was shaped by the rising and receding genesis flood waters 4400 yrs ago.

What a waste of time, any 1st year geology students will blow it right out of the water. I really dispare at the ignorance some people teach and at the gullible people who hang on every word because it gels their dreams.

ChristineM

Premium Member
the internet is not progress. people lived for thousands of years without it. how do you define progress. is developing more sophisticated ways to bomb people progress?

The internet relies on scientific achievements from coding algorithms, through fibre optics and on to quantum mechanics. That sounds pretty much like progress to me. And i notice you have no problem using it even if it means you need to discredit the science that goes into it

ChristineM

Premium Member

main-qimg-29f3e549855af725c1f3d5798fd1aec6.png

chris baron

those statics do not include surgical and chemical abortion and the effect that toxic media has had on spousal relationships and family. those statics are false, they are trying to sell you Godless, transhumanist modernity, making you think that life has become better with science and technology but it hasnt. they have you in their spell, you are hallucinating.

the people who you trust in educational institutions and in the media are not trustworthy they are confidence tricksters who want to dominate and defile you in the service of evil but if this evil appeals to you then you're just one of them.

chris baron

OK, forget school, then. It's all a massive, centuries-old, worldwide conspiracy. By whom? To what end? Don't ask.
So what does an impartial review of the empirical evidence indicate? There is no evidence of a flood that holds up to scrutiny, and there is massive evidence against it -- which anyone can review.

The flood story is folklore. Belief in it is faith. Are you claiming faith is superior to knowledge?
How are you defining "irrational?" What is the rational evidence of God or of the flood?

I don't believe you're aware of the evidence that populations of animals, plants and people lived right through the period you claim for the flood, apparently unaware it ever happened.

the physical world around us is testimony to the flood but people don't live in the physical world rather they live in a tv generated hallucination. this hallucination appeals to the nature of these people more than reality does.

the reality is that God created the world in the recent past and that there was a global flood as described in the book of genesis. people hate this reality though because they have a demonic nature. having a demonic nature they prefer falsehood over truth. these are the types of people who engage in satanic blood ritual, who will sell out their own family member for a trinket, who are amused by the degradation and humiliation of others. all their lives they serve evil.

the holy bhagavat gita describes this demoniacal phenomenon

Chapter 16, Verse 8
They (the demoniac) say that this world is unreal, that there is no foundation and that there is no God in control. It is produced of sex desire, and has no cause other than lust.

Chapter 16, Verse 9
Following such conclusions, the demoniac, who are lost to themselves and who have no intelligence, engage in unbeneficial, horrible works meant to destroy the world.

Chapter 16, Verse 10
The demoniac, taking shelter of insatiable lust, pride and false prestige, and being thus illusioned, are always sworn to unclean work, attracted by the impermanent.

Chapter 16, Verse 11-12
They believe that to gratify the senses unto the end of life is the prime necessity of human civilization. Thus there is no end to their anxiety. Being bound by hundreds and thousands of desires, by lust and anger, they secure money by illegal means for sense gratification.

Chapter 16, Verse 13-15
The demoniac person thinks: So much wealth do I have today, and I will gain more according to my schemes. So much is mine now, and it will increase in the future, more and more. He is my enemy, and I have killed him; and my other enemy will also be killed. I am the lord of everything, I am the enjoyer, I am perfect, powerful and happy. I am the richest man, surrounded by aristocratic relatives. There is none so powerful and happy as I am. I shall perform sacrifices, I shall give some charity, and thus I shall rejoice. In this way, such persons are deluded by ignorance.

Chapter 16, Verse 16
Thus perplexed by various anxieties and bound by a network of illusions, one becomes too strongly attached to sense enjoyment and falls down into hell.

Chapter 16, Verse 17
Self-complacent and always impudent, deluded by wealth and false prestige, they sometimes perform sacrifices in name only without following any rules or regulations.

Chapter 16, Verse 18
Bewildered by false ego, strength, pride, lust and anger, the demon becomes envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is situated in his own body and in the bodies of others, and blasphemes against the real religion.

Chapter 16, Verse 19
Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, are cast by Me into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life.

Chapter 16, Verse 20
Attaining repeated birth amongst the species of demoniac life, such persons can never approach Me. Gradually they sink down to the most abominable type of existence.

Chapter 16, Verse 21
There are three gates leading to this hell-lust, anger, and greed. Every sane man should give these up, for they lead to the degradation of the soul.

Chapter 16, Verse 22
The man who has escaped these three gates of hell, O son of Kunti, performs acts conducive to self-realization and thus gradually attains the supreme destination.

Chapter 16, Verse 23
But he who discards scriptural injunctions and acts according to his own whims attains neither perfection, nor happiness, nor the supreme destination.

Chapter 16, Verse 24
One should understand what is duty and what is not duty by the regulations of the scriptures. Knowing such rules and regulations, one should act so that he may gradually be elevated.