• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Got my first ticket with a Court date on it.
Traffic ticket I'm guessing? If so, you can just show up to the court house any day prior to the court date to pay it. And if you wait, you should get a letter or call about a diversionary program, which may cost alot more or not that much more (One county I got a ticket in was $150 more than the ticket, while the other was only $25 more), but when you pay for that and don't get another ticket for however long they tell you (usually 6 or 12 months), then that ticket is erased from your record and your insurance rates wont go up and you get no points on your license. But if you get another ticket you will have to pay for the new one and the old one.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Traffic ticket I'm guessing? If so, you can just show up to the court house any day prior to the court date to pay it. And if you wait, you should get a letter or call about a diversionary program, which may cost alot more or not that much more (One county I got a ticket in was $150 more than the ticket, while the other was only $25 more), but when you pay for that and don't get another ticket for however long they tell you (usually 6 or 12 months), then that ticket is erased from your record and your insurance rates wont go up and you get no points on your license. But if you get another ticket you will have to pay for the new one and the old one.
The car I was driving at the time had no plates and I didn't have the paper work for (or my insurance card which is weird for me). I wish it was a simple as paying it off.

Sententia

My parent used to snicker when I said I did not want to go to bed... you will when you are older. (I still don't like bed time)

Damn bed time. If I did not have to run tomorrow I would forgo it. But I must sleep... Silly human bodies... :)

Erebus

If you take a cat (which always lands feet first) and tape some toast to its back (which always lands butter side down) then drop the cat, will it start spinning in mid air eternally as the two forces equal each other?

Also, Is this a rhetorical question?

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
a boy who has a crush on me is upset with me because I told him another guy was flirting with me and now the guy who has a crush on me isnt talking to me!!!! AAH!!!

croak

Trickster
Mmm, shroooms. These are goooood. Can't stop eating them, almost. Had maybe four, five....

To be clear, these aren't magic shrooms. They're regular, garden-variety mushrooms. But strangely addictive... then again, I am hungry.

croak

Trickster
Oh, the other night, I stayed up watching movies. As if Toys wasn't weird enough, another channel had The Wicker Man. I don't know what I did to my brain. Famous actors in seriously weird movies on different channels around the same time... it's a conspiracy, I tells ya!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If you take a cat (which always lands feet first) and tape some toast to its back (which always lands butter side down) then drop the cat, will it start spinning in mid air eternally as the two forces equal each other?

Also, Is this a rhetorical question?
IIRC, there was once an article in Scientific American where they analyzed the mechanics of toast falling off a table as a function of height. Based on the way the toast rotates in the air as it falls, the author came to the conclusion that it is more likely for toast to fall butter-side down, and that this would remain the case until tables are at least as high as they'd be in a world where the average adult height was about 8 feet. That would be enough extra height to get that extra half-rotation to allown them to fall butter side up.

Edit - or, an alternate explanation: the cat/toast experiment won't work. What's actually happening with the toast is that it's maximizing its probability of being inedible. Once you strap it to a cat, the toast has already acheived maximum inedibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.