• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wirey

Fartist
I just found out my kid is threatening to punch another kid on the baseball team I coach, so I get to suspend the idiot product of my loins for one game.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I just had a thought; virtually everything in Australia wants to kill us..... but South America is worse....... I don't think I shall ever go to either place

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I just had a thought; virtually everything in Australia wants to kill us..... but South America is worse....... I don't think I shall ever go to either place
Really? I hadn't heard that kangaroos, wallabies and koalas were regularly attacking people...perhaps they are merely framing the sharks and crocs?

Wu Wei

Really? I hadn't heard that kangaroos, wallabies and koalas were regularly attacking people...perhaps they are merely framing the sharks and crocs?

Poisonous snakes, sharks, salt water crocs, poisonous spiders, dingoes and even Kangaroos would sooner punch you in the face as look at you.....

II0Rc0G.gif

Wu Wei

Just admit it Australia hates people...but not as much as South America does

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am so tired of screaming toddlers. Every night (7pm until midnight), parents lug their very tired toddlers into the store and buy things they don't even need (most of the time). They yell at these tired, screaming toddlers to "stop crying", or "shut up". What gets me is that usually both parents come in with the child, couldn't one of them have stayed at home with the baby? I understand the need for parents to get out of the house, but REALLY!

Wu Wei

Yelling at a crying child to tell them to stop crying is the best way to keep them crying.... I'm tired of parents who can't figure this out

Wu Wei

I am having a real hard time not posting this as an answer to some recent posts in other threads

Wu Wei

Had this great idea for a thread topic in Games/Pics/Jokes/Stories, thought about it off and on all day. Thought it wold be funny.. Wrote it up in Word, read it....thought to myself.... wow...thats just stupid...promptly deleted it....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My wife went to a doctor today. I probably need to go to the dentist but if not, then my doctor appointment is a week from Friday. Oh the joys of not being "a puppy" any longer.

Wu Wei

I have to reschedule a dentist appointment.......I am having a real hard time doing that.... I have had to reschedule it for 2 months now

Wu Wei

I'm not taking my blue trailer for service today..... basically because I don't own a blue trailer...... but I am about to go get me some lunch

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Sorry, seems all I do is vent here...

I'm constantly counselling my parents, they often tell me of their problems and so on.

It's quite taxing, especially when I try to help, they don't take it and rinse and repeat, the issue is back... And they tell me all about it again, whilst feeling depressed, sad and so on. I do try to just listen and offer emotional support, but I do worry about them not resolving their problems. They keep their misery alive.

One of them just told me how they've been suffering ever since childhood and are tired of suffering... I'm really feeling upset and powerless. Plus I think they're being scammed, someone taking advantage of their helplessness and desperation. I feel like such a monster for telling them to be careful and not believe everything. I'd rather they realise sooner than later, but it still feels horrible to do it, when they feel like some light might be shining in their life.

This is really difficult. And at times, I'm scared that this parent is going to take their own life. This is what is taxing on me, not counselling or being supportive. I'm scared for my parents' happiness and with one of them, their life.