• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not taking my blue trailer for service today..... basically because I don't own a blue trailer...... but I am about to go get me some lunch
To not service a blue trailer you don't have is wise.
Next, I'm going to kill the many poison ivy plants I found while mowing.
I don't know what purpose they serve in the natural world, but it could be evidence that the gods hate me.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Lunch has bee devoured...now to this

I don't know what purpose they serve in the natural world, but it could be evidence that the gods hate me.

Yes, I am pretty sure it is because God hates you.

The oldest went to China, planned the entire trip himself.... there were more than a few bumps...one of those was telling the family in China he would be there Thursday morning....not taking into account that China is 12 hours ahead of us...and he was talking USA time.......Not China time.....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sorry, seems all I do is vent here...

I'm constantly counselling my parents, they often tell me of their problems and so on.

It's quite taxing, especially when I try to help, they don't take it and rinse and repeat, the issue is back... And they tell me all about it again, whilst feeling depressed, sad and so on. I do try to just listen and offer emotional support, but I do worry about them not resolving their problems. They keep their misery alive.

One of them just told me how they've been suffering ever since childhood and are tired of suffering... I'm really feeling upset and powerless. Plus I think they're being scammed, someone taking advantage of their helplessness and desperation. I feel like such a monster for telling them to be careful and not believe everything. I'd rather they realise sooner than later, but it still feels horrible to do it, when they feel like some light might be shining in their life.

This is really difficult. And at times, I'm scared that this parent is going to take their own life. This is what is taxing on me, not counselling or being supportive. I'm scared for my parents' happiness and with one of them, their life.
Being serious for a second, if I were in your shoes I'd try to find a professional counselor - you're trying to carry a burden too big for anyone.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Being serious for a second, if I were in your shoes I'd try to find a professional counselor - you're trying to carry a burden too big for anyone.
You really do look serious!
th

illykitty

RF's pet cat

Thanks, and yeah I probably should. I just finished some CBT for depression and social anxiety, I gained some techniques to cope but I still have issues myself... But this isn't something I can really cope with using CBT. I probably need a psychotherapist to talk to (got other things too to try to sort out). It's just a little difficult to find one.

You really do look serious!
th

It's a dion!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thanks, and yeah I probably should. I just finished some CBT for depression and social anxiety, I gained some techniques to cope but I still have issues myself... But this isn't something I can really cope with using CBT. I probably need a psychotherapist to talk to (got other things too to try to sort out). It's just a little difficult to find one.

It's a dion!
Finding the right therapist can indeed take effort - hopefully you can find someone.

"Dion" - not really. Insult, yes.

Wirey

Fartist
There's a girl in our office who's mom is dying of the same thing that killed my dad last year, and I feel very sorry for her. I told her if she wanted to chat I was available, and she cried a little. Poor thing.

Draka

Wonder Woman
AAAARRGGHH! Okay, refill valve in toilet broke. No problem, get new crap, repair it, save receipts for landlord as always. HOWEVER...the shut off valve under the toilet was so corroded that it broke during the repair process. So, hubby back out to Menards to get replacement while I try to get water shut off in basement. Problem...there is no other shut off valve before the toilet after the main valve to building. So, in order to repair valve must shut off water to whole house (mind you this is duplex so neighbor screwed now too). Now, hubby home with parts and starts to attempt repair and finds..dun dun dun...old valve is rubber cemented to pvc pipe itself. Any attempt to get the valve off would break pipe itself as well. At this point need plumber and landlord. try to call landlord, no answer, leave message. Try to call landlord's wife, no answer, leave message. Sit and wait to see what happens. :( Man, why doesn't that man ever answer his phone? I understand that we may be without water for the night now, but I would at least like to know he's on top of it with plans for tomorrow.

And before anyone says anything about us fixing the toilet ourselves in the first place, it's already been discussed that minor repairs that we can do on the spot as needed are okay, just as long as we keep receipts. It wouldn't have been an issue if the plumbing was done right in the first place...not rubber cemented to pipe.

Draka

Wonder Woman
It is old pvc pipe. The basement is a mix of old metal pipes and old pvc pipes. Nice and leaky. Nothing really is up to code in this house. We have shotty electrical work, the way the breakers are set up is laughable. We have outlets in our floor, all on one breaker, throughout the house. Including a floor outlet in our bathroom. Yep, that's right, floor outlet in our bathroom. Think about it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Well, never heard back from him tonight so I guess I start calling again in the morning. Really lovely having a toilet for a family of four that one can't flush. :confused:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
WOOHOO!!!

it took a little over 4 years but I think I finally made someones ignore list