• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

No kidding!
Hey, am I off your <ignore> list yet?

Agreed, but admittedly I really have not been trying that hard... well.... at least not in any thread other than the insult threads.....but I shall endeavour to persevere

Congratulations, Professor Higgins!

Thank you, however I simply do not get the professor Higgins reference....

can-stock-photo_csp20570947.jpg

Time out whilst I think up some more deviltry.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Can you just pour water into the tank, & then flush?
This morning we turned the water on for a bit to fill the tank to flush with. Pouring water into the tank would require water. The main has been shut off as there is no other valve between the toilet and the main. If the main is on then we get a constant stream of water onto our bathroom floor.

Landlord called a little bit ago. Updated him on the situation. Turk went out to get a tool we didn't have to see if he could take the valve apart and if he could possibly fix the valve itself. Landlord knows and we are to get back to him either way. If the valve fix attempt doesn't work landlord said he would call his usual repair guy to see if he could make it over today, if he can't then a plumber will be called.

Wu Wei

Based on my overall disgust with the state of politics in the US and the options presented for the Chief Executive.... I would like to suggest that the inscription on the Statue of Liberty that say

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Be changed to

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I got to watch this documentary type thing this local band made over the last 2-3 years. It was actually pretty cool, because I can say I've been to most of the venues they filmed at, I was at a few of the shows recorded that were on the DVD, and I was even at a couple of the parties that made it to the DVD; I also knew a bunch of people on the video, not just the band, but people from other bands on the video, even people out in the crowed, and I even got a few of my piercings from one guy in the crowd who also did a voice over on the video. Too bad though there was no footage of their first concert (which I was at) or when they opened for Mushroomhead or GWAR.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Based on my overall disgust with the state of politics in the US and the options presented for the Chief Executive.... I would like to suggest that the inscription on the Statue of Liberty that say

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Be changed to

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
Well, if we're changing something so iconic why not just go all the way and replace the statue of dear Lady Liberty with something more apt to really portray what people are getting into when they come here?
t10dydd22_lg.jpg

Or we can take it dark to really depict a bit more honesty.
6c21d9fb04624538ce6e2caab324defc.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The old order is indeed dying and good riddance. But I'm on the side of the odd ones and "fools" who believe that something better is being born quietly, "in the night".

One of my favorite movies of all time is "They Might Be Giants" which includes this "..Because, you see, we live in Eden. Genesis has got it all wrong. We never left the Garden. Look about you. This is paradise. It's hard to find, I, I'll grant you, but it is here. Under our feet, beneath the surface, all around us is everything we want. The earth is shining under the soot. We are all fools. Ha ha. Moriarty has made fools of all of us..."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The combination of sitting in my friend's smokey house for several hours yesterday along with today's unseasonably hot temperatures has been hard on my lungs.
The highs today was 89, and tomorrow it's supposed to be over 90, which normally just does not happen this early in the year. We've also had some nasty humidity that we normally don't see for about another month.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Back from the neurologist, who asked questions, poked, prodded, looked at the MRI and said: "I don't know what's wrong with you." there's a couple more tests (another MRI to check vascular issues, an update neuropsych evaluation, etc.) and...in about six more weeks of headache, apparently, he'll start me on meds that MIGHT do something for the headache, but will definitely mess with my already-messed-with memory.

Next week I get to do a home sleep study to see if I need a CPAP for sleep apnea, and in a month, get the results from that...looks like mid-July before I'll know anything else new, but in the meantime...apparently...more headache! Yay! Fun for another whole month! :confused::mad:o_O:(

Wirey

Fartist
It occurs to me that when you bread chicken, what you're really doing is coating the mother's carcass in the embryonic fluid of her unborn child.

I want some KFC.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Well, we were unable to fix the valve, it's toast. I called the landlord back shortly after our first conversation. He said he would have someone out here today by 4pm. It's now 6:20pm and no repair guy. Full day with no water access unless we want to cause some flood damage in our bathroom. Haven't heard from landlord since around noon when he texted me that he had arranged for the guy to be here at 4. No answer to calls or texts. Can't shower, kids can't bathe, can't wash my dishes, can't flush my toilet. If I want to cook I'm going to have to run out and buy water to cook with and even then still can't wash the dishes. :(

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Back from the neurologist, who asked questions, poked, prodded, looked at the MRI and said: "I don't know what's wrong with you." there's a couple more tests (another MRI to check vascular issues, an update neuropsych evaluation, etc.) and...in about six more weeks of headache, apparently, he'll start me on meds that MIGHT do something for the headache, but will definitely mess with my already-messed-with memory.

Next week I get to do a home sleep study to see if I need a CPAP for sleep apnea, and in a month, get the results from that...looks like mid-July before I'll know anything else new, but in the meantime...apparently...more headache! Yay! Fun for another whole month! :confused::mad:o_O:(
A week from today I get a stress electrocardiogram to see if a symptom is really a clogged artery or something else.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
A week from today I get a stress electrocardiogram to see if a symptom is really a clogged artery or something else.
Good times!:p

I hope what you've got is something simple and easy to treat.:cool: I'm frankly getting tired of not being easily diagnosed.:confused:o_O:mad::( Or more properly, up to this point, doctors thinking they had diagnosed me properly, only to find out weeks later that they hadn't...over and over again....:rolleyes:

Draka

Wonder Woman
The guy showed up a little bit ago. Checked out things and has run back out for some part/s. Hoping this is done tonight.

Wu Wei

I have had a few of those stress electrocardiogram things...and every time the seem surprised that they found nothing