• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
View attachment 78017

We are now looking to fast food restaurants for social commentary..... so I'm guessing when we all look back on this...in years to come..... we will see our greatest philosopher as.....

ronaldmcdonald-48660cb3c334263d2993db4d38227592b5c53587.jpg
Some of us see:
images

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As a professional, I can assure you that putting
cement (actually concrete) in a toilet creates a
clog of catastrophic proportions. The toilet
would have to be retired on disability...full pension!
groundskeeper-willie-nasty-clog.gif
He's another great one. Make a candidacy speech saying his first thing is to kill everyone, and because he's Scottish having no problem acknowledging he knows the mic is hot.:tearsofjoy:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

CNN —
George Washington University has changed its school nickname to the Revolutionaries.

In a video posted Wednesday on the school’s social media accounts, Chuck Todd, host of NBC’s “Meet the Press” and an alumnus of the school made the announcement.

“Raise high Revolutionaries,” Todd said in the video, updating the school’s chant.

I like that. The Revolutionaries. I hope to see other teams follow the same pattern. We could see teams called the Communists, the Leftists, the Pinkos.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
View attachment 78017

We are now looking to fast food restaurants for social commentary..... so I'm guessing when we all look back on this...in years to come..... we will see our greatest philosopher as.....

ronaldmcdonald-48660cb3c334263d2993db4d38227592b5c53587.jpg

The lunatic fanatic America "taliban" is on a rampage and this time against a conservative Christian chain that closes on Sunday. This madness brings out the 60's radical in me and I want to get a t-shirt "ESG rules" and buy some chicken while someone makes a tiktok, takes pictures for twitter, instagram and facebook and mail pictures to the fanatics. The times and my age being far from the 60's, I won't do it but the images and feelings have held an outstanding parade in my mind.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Its a great thing we have things like Svengoolie and Mystery Science Theater 3000. These cheesey flicks are usually more watchable than most blockbuster hits.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
How about some details? How about posting it?
I still need to clean it up and finish parametizing it. But it was a test of my congnitive ability to write something in powershell which I don't really know but which is actually simple outside of the incredible complexity of ffmpeg.
Set-Location "\\srwc-files\Video Work\ds-jc-VIDEO THUMBNAIL Work\ffmpeg" $ffmpeg = "ffmpeg" $pathtomp4 = "..\mp4\" $outputDir = "..\IMG\" $videos = Get-ChildItem -Path $pathtomp4 -Recurse -Filter *.mp4 $startTime = "00:00:03" $interval = "00:02:00" $imageCount = 4 $imageWidth = 100 Write-Output "Extracting jpeg from mp4" # Command to skip the first 3 seconds of the video $skipCommand = "-ss $startTime" # Command to extract images from every 2 minutes #$extractCommand = "-vf fps=1/$interval,scale=$imageWidth:-1" Write-Output "Working on:" foreach ($video in $videos) { $inputfile = $pathtomp4 + "\" + $video Write-Output $video $outputfile = $OutputDir + "\" + $video # Construct the full FFmpeg command $ffmpegCommand = .\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel error -i $inputfile -ss $startTime -vf fps=0.00833333333,scale=100:-1 -q:v 2 -frames:v 5 ${outputfile}_%04d.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Tomorrow it will be June.
I won't be as ready for the big engine show as I'd planned.
That's OK. Things are looking good to pick up my Fitchburg
steam engine in NJ. And I've got 2 new forklift operators
to get oriented. Woohoo!

Last edited:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I still need to clean it up and finish parametizing it. But it was a test of my congnitive ability to write something in powershell which I don't really know but which is actually simple outside of the incredible complexity of ffmpeg.
Set-Location "\\srwc-files\Video Work\ds-jc-VIDEO THUMBNAIL Work\ffmpeg" $ffmpeg = "ffmpeg" $pathtomp4 = "..\mp4\" $outputDir = "..\IMG\" $videos = Get-ChildItem -Path $pathtomp4 -Recurse -Filter *.mp4 $startTime = "00:00:03" $interval = "00:02:00" $imageCount = 4 $imageWidth = 100 Write-Output "Extracting jpeg from mp4" # Command to skip the first 3 seconds of the video $skipCommand = "-ss $startTime" # Command to extract images from every 2 minutes #$extractCommand = "-vf fps=1/$interval,scale=$imageWidth:-1" Write-Output "Working on:" foreach ($video in $videos) { $inputfile = $pathtomp4 + "\" + $video Write-Output $video $outputfile = $OutputDir + "\" + $video # Construct the full FFmpeg command $ffmpegCommand = .\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel error -i $inputfile -ss $startTime -vf fps=0.00833333333,scale=100:-1 -q:v 2 -frames:v 5 ${outputfile}_%04d.jpg
d4bt1vd-633a4afb-f765-401b-8f61-046a91c2de95.gif