• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
WANT!!!

6474452c11397_8wzugsgapde71__700.jpg

Nope, don't want

Buy a couple of big monitors, mount on the ceiling, one at the head if the bed. I know people who can do a 3d program to simulate kust about any scene you want

Sure just what I need, and massive monitor crashing down upon me while I sleep

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nope, don't want

Sure just what I need, and massive monitor crashing down upon me while I sleep

You are not supposed to fit it yourself with a dab of glue. What you need is professional contractors who can be sued if it falls

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Meanwhile, for any woman who ever wondered about male emotions and behavior: Men Suspect Women Don’t Know These 30 Things About Them, So They Shared Them In This Online Group

Three posts from that:

#1 Well, every Tuesday night we have a secret meeting where we decide how to best maintain the patriarchy, other than that, not much.

#2 Some of these come up pretty frequently, but it's still helpful for women to be aware of them I guess. Here's a non-exhaustive list (on mobile so sorry if i screw up the formatting) :

When I say I'm thinking about "nothing", I'm serious. My brain was off, it's just static up there or random scenes from movies.

Most of us are acutely aware of how scared women are of men, and we all do our best to minimize that fear for you. My run yesterday around the loop in my park? Gotta be going the opposite direction as the women who were rollerblading so they can see me coming the whole way, don't make eye contact so I don't come off as creepy, etc.

I actually like interacting with kids. They're insane and goofy, say crazy things, and are fun to interact with. No, I'm not a p**o, I'm just treating them like the tiny humans they are and they deserve attention.

Fruity drinks taste awesome and I want to order them. Those little umbrellas and cool straws are the s**t.

Yes, we are all mentally 16 and will giggle about any number of stupid things.

Compliments live rent free in our heads forever. My favorite shirt is my favorite because a cute girl told me she loved the color and it looks good on me...4 years ago.

Saying "she's cute" does NOT mean I am actively trying to get with her, it's just an observation.

We like specifics. "The trash is full" is an observation, and we will agree with you. Our brain did not hear "please take out the trash" like you intended us to.

My last point can be changed with thorough training and a lot of patience and clarifying expectations.

Dear God, just tell us where you want to eat or what you want as a Christmas present. Most of us suck at those guessing games, even if we really try, and we just want to get you what is actually going to make you happy.

#7 We're kinda like dogs. Things in front of me get attention, if I don't burn enough energy I get zoomies, my behavior piques when I am offered food, use brief and explicit instructions or I will look at you funny trying to figure what you really want, and I love naps on the couch

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
We like specifics. "The trash is full" is an observation, and we will agree with you. Our brain did not hear "please take out the trash" like you intended us to.

Or, completely disagree.

Ms. Skinner: ‘Seymour! The house is on fire!’
Seymour: ‘No, Mother, it’s just the northern lights!’

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've used my hands as an extra set of eyes for such a long time I'm now considering myself vision impaired in my right hand due to accumulating nerve damage.
I've done some crazy, dumb, abusive things to my body but nothing messed me up like covid.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So you'd be happy with large monitors over your head if they were secured to the ceiling with duct tape. Good luck with that.

Where have you been...try and keep up....way back in post #104,281I said I didn't want them because I didn't want huge monitors dropping on my head while I sleep

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Meanwhile, for any woman who ever wondered about male emotions and behavior: Men Suspect Women Don’t Know These 30 Things About Them, So They Shared Them In This Online Group

Three posts from that:

#1 Well, every Tuesday night we have a secret meeting where we decide how to best maintain the patriarchy, other than that, not much.

#2 Some of these come up pretty frequently, but it's still helpful for women to be aware of them I guess. Here's a non-exhaustive list (on mobile so sorry if i screw up the formatting) :

When I say I'm thinking about "nothing", I'm serious. My brain was off, it's just static up there or random scenes from movies.

Most of us are acutely aware of how scared women are of men, and we all do our best to minimize that fear for you. My run yesterday around the loop in my park? Gotta be going the opposite direction as the women who were rollerblading so they can see me coming the whole way, don't make eye contact so I don't come off as creepy, etc.

I actually like interacting with kids. They're insane and goofy, say crazy things, and are fun to interact with. No, I'm not a p**o, I'm just treating them like the tiny humans they are and they deserve attention.

Fruity drinks taste awesome and I want to order them. Those little umbrellas and cool straws are the s**t.

Yes, we are all mentally 16 and will giggle about any number of stupid things.

Compliments live rent free in our heads forever. My favorite shirt is my favorite because a cute girl told me she loved the color and it looks good on me...4 years ago.

Saying "she's cute" does NOT mean I am actively trying to get with her, it's just an observation.

My last point can be changed with thorough training and a lot of patience and clarifying expectations.

Dear God, just tell us where you want to eat or what you want as a Christmas present. Most of us suck at those guessing games, even if we really try, and we just want to get you what is actually going to make you happy.

#7 We're kinda like dogs. Things in front of me get attention, if I don't burn enough energy I get zoomies, my behavior piques when I am offered food, use brief and explicit instructions or I will look at you funny trying to figure what you really want, and I love naps on the couch
How can you be friends with someone for a long time and not know his name?o_O