• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Qur'an allows sex-slaves...!?

Demonslayer

By the way, the Bible is even worse. God explains just how hard you can BEAT your slaves in that monstrosity.

Egads

Raahim

مكتوب
Now were really approaching true morality!

One more step...not allowing slaves in the first place.

Is there a holy book that does that?

Islam encourages to free the slaves, what's in this sentence that you don't understand? And since Muslims should look up to Muhammad (peace be upon Him), who freed the slaves it's logical that by Islam's teachings it's better to free a slave than own one. In those days a person that converted to Islam could've had slaves & if he didn't want to free the slave he was obligated to basically make his slave equal to him by feeding him with the same good, clothing him with the same clothes, etc. but for the "owner" it was better to free the slave because Allah would then reward the person.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
By the way, the Bible is even worse. God explains just how hard you can BEAT your slaves in that monstrosity.

Egads

By the way, atheists are angels, i wonder what kind of people that uses women's body for sex trade, Imams or popes, of course not the atheists.

Demonslayer

Islam encourages to free the slaves, what's in this sentence that you don't understand?

The part I don't understand is why any moral system would allow for slaves in the first place.

And since Muslims should look up to Muhammad (peace be upon Him), who freed the slaves

Muhammad also owned slaves. We should look up to someone who owns slaves, simply because that person later frees them?

Wouldn't the truly moral person have never owned slaves to begin with?

Demonslayer

By the way, atheists are angels

No not at all, no better or worse on the average than religious people.

It's just that we don't have a book that we claim is a God-inspired perfect moral guide, that contains acceptance of human slavery in it.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No not at all, no better or worse on the average than religious people.

It's just that we don't have a book that we claim is a God-inspired perfect moral guide, that contains acceptance of human slavery in it.

Yes the playboy magazine is a better book.

Raahim

مكتوب
The part I don't understand is why any moral system would allow for slaves in the first place.

Muhammad also owned slaves. We should look up to someone who owns slaves, simply because that person later frees them?

Wouldn't the truly moral person have never owned slaves to begin with?

Take a look at the video posted, all questions on this thread are answered so I'm not sure why people avoid the video. It takes two hours because the topic is hard to understand.

Raahim

مكتوب
Well, maybe for muslims is hard to understand why slavery is bad.
For the rest of us is easy. Just say "slavery is wrong people!".
Don't need 2 HOURS video to explain the obvious.

Watch the video then comment. It's obvious that slavery is wrong of course, the video talks how Islam dealt with slavery.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well, maybe for muslims is hard to understand why slavery is bad.
For the rest of us is easy. Just say "slavery is wrong people!".
Don't need 2 HOURS video to explain the obvious.

Was the 2 hours explaining that slavery is good?

Nefelie

The Abrahamic God supports slavery...Quran, Torah, Old Testament, New Testament...

Are you sure about the NT?
Passage please.

Qur'an does not support slavery. Concept of slave is different in Islam than it's in for e.g in Roman Empire.

And ancient Greece is well known for treating slaves like simple free employees, but that doesn’t mean that they weren’t slaves! Do not try to twist things to fit you. Slavery is slavery. Some treated their slaves badly others with compassion. But THEY ALL HAD SLAVES.

Show me a single, unequivocal verse in the quran which states Muslims should go and purchase slaves or treat people badly due to their skin colour or nationality? If you can not, this so called discussion stops here.

And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. - 9:5

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled. - 9:29
Will these do or you need more?

By the way, atheists are angels, i wonder what kind of people that uses women's body for sex trade, Imams or popes, of course not the atheists.

This thread is about Muslims and Islam. If you have a bone to pick with Atheists or any other religion, open a new thread. The “I did ‘this’ but you also did ‘that’” is a very childish argument.

Really,You still alive ?:D

Still alive and kicking, dear! :D

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
This thread is about Muslims and Islam. If you have a bone to pick with Atheists or any other religion, open a new thread. The “I did ‘this’ but you also did ‘that’” is a very childish argument.

I don't have interest to author silly threads.