• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Qur'an allows sex-slaves...!?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes, the Qur'an allows slaves 'those whom your right hand possesses' and according to hadith Muhammad owned slaves, a notable one being a Christian called Maria.

How did you deem the right hand possesses to be slaves?
How do they become sex slaves?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
They are slaves captured in war. Simple. Most cultures did it.

"If Allaah enables the Muslim mujahideen to defeat kaafir enemies in war, then the men may be killed, ransomed, set free without ransom or enslaved. The choice between these four options is to be made by the ruler, according to what he thinks is the best course.

With regard to the women, they become slaves and “those whom one's right hand possesses” (described as a “right hand servant” in the question). Male children also become slaves. The ruler shares out these slaves among the mujaahideen."

https://islamqa.info/en/12562

firedragon

Veteran Member
Islam encourages freeing the slaves and gives women the dignity and modesty, so this video is nonsense.

In fact Islam makes it an article of faith and redemption from sin to free a slave. Doesnt say your slave, but A SLAVE.

1. You cant have slaves
2. You must free slaves.

firedragon

Veteran Member

"If Allaah enables the Muslim mujahideen to defeat kaafir enemies in war, then the men may be killed, ransomed, set free without ransom or enslaved. The choice between these four options is to be made by the ruler, according to what he thinks is the best course.

With regard to the women, they become slaves and “those whom one's right hand possesses” (described as a “right hand servant” in the question). Male children also become slaves. The ruler shares out these slaves among the mujaahideen."

Yes but my question stands.

I just want to know how you understand the above two questions and your assessment.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes but my question stands.

I just want to know how you understand the above two questions and your assessment.
Oh my God.

If Allaah enables the Muslim mujahideen to defeat kaafir enemies in war, then the men may be killed, ransomed, set free without ransom or enslaved. The choice between these four options is to be made by the ruler, according to what he thinks is the best course.

With regard to the women, they become slaves and “those whom one's right hand possesses” (described as a “right hand servant” in the question). Male children also become slaves. The ruler shares out these slaves among the mujaahideen.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
In fact Islam makes it an article of faith and redemption from sin to free a slave. Doesnt say your slave, but A SLAVE.

1. You cant have slaves
2. You must free slaves.

But you can't show your piety by freeing slaves if there are no slaves to free any more. That's why there was no abolitionist movement in the Muslim world until the Ottoman Empire came apart at the end of World War 1.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
And what if that slave which is freed lives in a Muslim country just so happens to be a Christian. So now he has to pay jizyah and not build Churches, some freedom :rolleyes:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The Christians just put them in Guantanamo Bay, they don't call them slaves, though.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
And what if that slave which is freed lives in a Muslim country just so happens to be a Christian. So now he has to pay jizyah and not build Churches, some freedom :rolleyes:

Careful, or someone might just bring up the primitive policies of wartime in Mazdayian cultures.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Careful, or someone might just bring up the primitive policies of wartime in Mazdayian cultures.
Yes, and I don't care if they want to. That didn't have any basis in the Gathas or what Zarathustra did. I'm British, we invented the concentration camp - but concentration camps aren't an inherent part of being British. Owning slaves in allowed as per Qur'an, so is inherent within Islam. Simple as that.

So fire away, telling me what the Persians did and who they owned. You''ll get no more than a shrug from me.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Oh my God.

If Allaah enables the Muslim mujahideen to defeat kaafir enemies in war, then the men may be killed, ransomed, set free without ransom or enslaved. The choice between these four options is to be made by the ruler, according to what he thinks is the best course.

With regard to the women, they become slaves and “those whom one's right hand possesses” (described as a “right hand servant” in the question). Male children also become slaves. The ruler shares out these slaves among the mujaahideen.

Which verse in the quran that says get the prisoner of war as sex slaves?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Oh my God.

Thats not your assessment. If it is, where are the quotes from?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

But why you ignore that maybe the only religon who encourage to free slaves is Islam !!

Slavery was exist in past,so it's was normal.

How do you consider strip clubs, for me it's a modern slavery and dishonor the woman.

Just google "prostitues shop" or "prostitues by order"

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
But you can't show your piety by freeing slaves if there are no slaves to free any more. That's why there was no abolitionist movement in the Muslim world until the Ottoman Empire came apart at the end of World War 1.

Slaves existed before Islam and hence freeing them was a good deed, today slaves are worse than ever and women are
traded for 1 hour pleasure, we may say rental services.