• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Qualities of a God

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.........God has one name in reality, and that's his face, his light, the holy spirit of his command which is occupied by many souls who are the beautiful names of God but it's one word of light and showing the same truth. But he has many titles.
God has a perfect word by which he establishes believers by, that is his name, and it's the blessed tree of light.
Yes, I agree God has many titles, and the title 'God' is just one title.
Lord is another title, and so is King.
God does command His holy spirit - Psalms 104:30.
In the Bible we find God only has one personal name. It is represented by the Tetragrammaton YHWH.
In the King James Version the Tetragrammaton at Psalms 83:18 God's name is translated into English as Jehovah.
- www.jw.org

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men..
The Prophets have always condemned oppression and injustice against the innocent. In Baha’u’llah’s case He wrote to the kings from a prison warning them that their kingdoms would fall if they continued injustices. Where are these kings now?

.... and where are today's 'now kings'? ( Earth's rulers )
They are still being warned but will they listen _______ - Psalms 2:2,12
Just as the literal waters were dried up before Babylon fell, spiritual waters (people) will dry up spiritually.
The hand writing, so to speak, is now on the wall.
With backing the political United Nations can be strengthened to become God's modern-day arm of His Law.
'Earth's kings' (the political world) will turn on the religious world (starting with 'Christendom' so-called Christian )

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
By nearly every definition of a god ever devised, a human cannot be a god. There have been many that presumed themselves to be gods and made others play along with it on pain of death. But in the end no one ever really believed them.

On the ether hand, we humans tend to endow people, places, and things with god-like powers even though they don't and shouldn't have them. We are programmed to establish and follow heirarchy, and will tend to do so blindly and automatically. Making whomever sits at the top of the heirarchy the equivalent of a god.
"a human cannot be a god "

Jesus, Krishna, Bahaullah etc., are not G-d. Right, please?
We get the attributes that G-d is Living One, neither He is born nor does He die. Right?

Regards

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member

We get the attributes that G-d is neither born nor does He die. Right?

Regards
A lot of people seem to have trouble understanding the idea of representation. Jesus was the human embodiment of God's divine spirit (according to the story). That does not mean he was God. It means he was a human representing the mind and spirit of God through their words and deeds.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure this is a remix of a thread I created a few years back, but for the life of me cannot find it (not that I spent much time looking).
So here it is...
In another thread, a member asked if one can be a god, or if one can know one is a god.
To answer such a question, one would have to know what qualities or attributes a god would have.
So what are the qualities of a god? What qualifications would one have to have to be considered a god?

Following two verses of Quran may please be read that mention five attributes of G-d :
25:59
وَتَوَکَّلۡ عَلَی الۡحَیِّ الَّذِیۡ لَا یَمُوۡتُ وَسَبِّحۡ بِحَمۡدِہٖ ؕ وَکَفٰی بِہٖ بِذُنُوۡبِ عِبَادِہٖ خَبِیۡرَا ﴿ۚۛۙ۵۹﴾
English - Sher Ali
And trust thou in the Living One, Who dies not, and glorify Him with His praise. And sufficient is He as the Knower of the sins of His servants,
25:60
ۣالَّذِیۡ خَلَقَ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالۡاَرۡضَ وَمَا بَیۡنَہُمَا فِیۡ سِتَّۃِ اَیَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسۡتَوٰی عَلَی الۡعَرۡشِ ۚۛ اَلرَّحۡمٰنُ فَسۡـَٔلۡ بِہٖ خَبِیۡرًا ﴿۶۰﴾
English - Sher Ali
He Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six periods, then He settled Himself on the Throne. The Gracious God! Ask thou then concerning Him one who knows.
Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search

Right?

Regards

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We get the attributes that G-d is Living One, neither He is born nor does He die. Right?........

I find Psalms 90:2 agrees with you that God is neither born nor dies ( God is from and to everlasting ).
Since No person can see God and live (John 1:18) and people saw Jesus and lived, thus Jesus is Not Got.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
A lot of people seem to have trouble understanding the idea of representation. Jesus was the human embodiment of God's divine spirit (according to the story). That does not mean he was God. It means he was a human representing the mind and spirit of God through their words and deeds.

Through 'Jesus' words and deeds' Jesus represented the mind of his God - 1 Corinthians 2:16

ppp

I find Psalms 90:2 agrees with you that God is neither born nor dies ( God is from and to everlasting ).
Since No person can see God and live (John 1:18) and people saw Jesus and lived, thus Jesus is Not Got.
A whole lot of people saw God in the OT.
Adam, Eve, Enoch, Abraham, Moses, Aaron, A lot of people in Leviticus 9:4, 6, and many more

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Adam, Eve, Enoch, Abraham, Moses, Aaron, A lot of people in Leviticus 9:4, 6, and many more
We do know Adam heard God's voice speaking to Adam.
Because angels spoke for God is why God is given the credit such as at Leviticus 9:6.
( remember too men penned the Bible but God is given the credit as its Author - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 )
Moses and Aaron saw God's glory - Exodus 16:10; Exodus 24:16; Exodus 40:34 - Not God himself - Exodus 33:20-23.
Moses did Not ask to see God's face but asked to see God's glory - Exodus 33:18

ppp

Because angels spoke for God is why God is given the credit such as at Leviticus 9:6.
( remember too men penned the Bible but God is given the credit as its Author - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 )
Moses and Aaron saw God's glory - Exodus 16:10; Exodus 24:16; Exodus 40:34 - Not God himself - Exodus 33:20-23.
The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring[c] I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the Lord, who had appeared to him.
And the LORD appeared to him [Isaac] the same night and said, “I am the God of Abraham your father; fear not, for I am with you and will bless you and multiply your descendants for my servant Abraham’s sake.
Then God said to Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel and dwell there; and make an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you fled from the face of Esau your brother.
So the LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle. (Exodus 33:11)
And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. (1 Kings 11:9)
Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.” (John 5:19)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
We get the attributes that G-d is Living One, neither He is born nor does He die. Right?........

This is another excellent argument that Jesus is not G-d. I appreciate.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
URAVIP2ME said:

So which one is correct then, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I agree with one here.
Regards

ppp

URAVIP2ME said:

So which one is correct then, please?

Regards
It doesn't matter. It's a story written by a bunch of different authors around a given set of characters over the course of several centuries. If you read any significant part of the body of the Star Trek (TOS) novels, you see the same type of inconsistencies.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
URAVIP2ME said:
The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring[c] I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the Lord, who had appeared to him.
And the LORD appeared to him [Isaac] the same night and said, “I am the God of Abraham your father; fear not, for I am with you and will bless you and multiply your descendants for my servant Abraham’s sake.
Then God said to Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel and dwell there; and make an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you fled from the face of Esau your brother.
So the LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle. (Exodus 33:11)
And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. (1 Kings 11:9)
Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.” (John 5:19)
"So the LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend."

I understand from it that G-d spoke to Moses directly, please. Right?

Regards

ppp

It's not that they don't understand you. They just think you are wrong.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
URAVIP2ME said:
Since No person can see God and live (John 1:18) and people saw Jesus and lived, thus Jesus is Not God.
It doesn't matter. It's a story written by a bunch of different authors around a given set of characters over the course of several centuries. If you read any significant part of the body of the Star Trek (TOS) novels, you see the same type of inconsistencies.
I understand that neither G-d's word revealed on Moses has reached us in a pristine form nor G-d's word revealed on Jesus has reached us intact, please. Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure this is a remix of a thread I created a few years back, but for the life of me cannot find it (not that I spent much time looking).

So here it is...

In another thread, a member asked if one can be a god, or if one can know one is a god.

To answer such a question, one would have to know what qualities or attributes a god would have.

So what are the qualities of a god? What qualifications would one have to have to be considered a god?
I appreciate one for starting a thread to know attributes/qualities of G-d.
The very first verse of Quran starts and mention two attributes of G-d:
1:1
بِسۡمِ اللّٰہِ الرَّحۡمٰنِ الرَّحِیۡمِ ﴿۱﴾
English - Sher Ali
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search
Right, please?

Regards

ppp

URAVIP2ME said:
Since No person can see God and live (John 1:18) and people saw Jesus and lived, thus Jesus is Not God.

I understand that neither G-d's word revealed on Moses has reached us in a pristine form nor G-d's word revealed on Jesus has reached us intact, please. Right?

Regards
Your question assumes that there is a God's word to have been revealed. I see no evidence of such.