• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the only acceptable religion to Allah is Islam

Gurtej

So indirectly Quran is saying only islam is true everyone else is wrong .. So if I combine it with other verses in Quran ....
This means that all of us who don't follow Quran will go to hell..

Perfect, it truly is the right religion.

atanu

Premium Member
wrong translation, note that i'm an arab so i can confirm to you that the word in arabic is islam

May be that you are an Arab. That does not mean that your understanding is better. What you are saying means that Islam had a beginning. That there was no Islam before Muhammad's Islam. This concept cannot be correct.

What begins must end. What rises will set. Only the truth is eternal. So your variety of Islam, which has a beginning, must also end.

Further, Quran itself contains the meaning as noted earlier.

I would assume submission to God, given the quran also says there are jews and christians who will be saved and only Allah knows who those are and it will be because of their works.

Tiberius

How do you interprete this verse?

"Verily the only acceptable religion to Allah is Islam." [Quran 3:19]

The point is to know what "the Author" of Quran meant.

Do you think that the Author of Quran, by Islam, He meant the Revelation that came to Muhammad, or He meant submission to God?

My position is that it should be interpreted this way:

"Verily the only acceptable religion to Allah is Submission to the God's commands."

and my reason is, in other verses, people who lived before Muhammad, were also called "Muslims", for example see Quran 7:126

and since, those who were called "Muslims" were not Muslims by name (as they even didn't speak Arabic), but by actions were submitters to God, then it follows that, by Islam, the Author of Quran meant "submission" and not just a name.

If you think, differently, please provide your point and support with verses of Quran, and Authentic Hadithes.

P.S. Please not that this thread is not to discuss whether Quran is from God or not, or if Islam is a good religion or not. It is only about interpretation, and what the Author of Quran meant regarding this verse.

I interpret it as fear mongering.

Really, it's no different than an advertisement that says, "Our face cream is the only way to keep your skin free of wrinkles and other signs of aging!"

Simply put, it's saying, "Use X or suffer the consequences of Y."

Advertisement. Most religious commands fall into this category (the other category being, "Be/Don't be an *******.")

InvestigateTruth

I interpret it as fear mongering.

Really, it's no different than an advertisement that says, "Our face cream is the only way to keep your skin free of wrinkles and other signs of aging!"

Simply put, it's saying, "Use X or suffer the consequences of Y."

Advertisement. Most religious commands fall into this category (the other category being, "Be/Don't be an *******.")
Yes, I can kind of agree. Though the claim is not necessarily false.

OurCreed

There is no God but Allah
Of course, Islam is the only chosen religion, and the religion of Islam in itself will be the one that enters the paradise...but that does not mean that people of other faiths will not enter paradise, just their FAITHS will not be their original faiths, but these Christians or Jews or Atheists that will enter paradise will enter as Muslims.

On the Day of Judgement, the entire truth will be known to every single human being, and everyone will automatically be a submitter to God, everyone will automatically become a Muslim, whether a sinful one, or a righteous one, Allah (swt) will decide.

Since we humans have no Will of our own on the Day of Judgement, Allah (swt) alone has the power and Will to do as he pleases, and EVERYTHING and EVERYONE on that day will submit themselves to Allah (swt) automatically.

Just read the Holy Qur'an and reflect upon those verses where the disbelievers that did not believe in Allah in this present world have suddenly believed in him in the hereafter...

Because the truth will become known that day, and the truth is Islam. Everyone will enter a Muslim in Jannah, if you were already a Muslim, then you have a better chance, but not always.

A righteous Christian or a righteous Jew or even a righteous Atheist can outweigh the good deeds of a righteous Muslim, and Allah will automatically purify them and they will become Muslims and enter Jannah.

Remember, a Muslim is one whom submits their Will to God, so when a person becomes a Muslim, they completely submit themselves to God, and entering the paradise is an act of submission to God's Will, his Merciful Will, and his Great imperishable reward.

A gift that will not be cut off.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
So indirectly Quran is saying only islam is true everyone else is wrong .. So if I combine it with other verses in Quran ....
This means that all of us who don't follow Quran will go to hell..

Perfect, it truly is the right religion.
Thank you for interpreting our religion. :rolleyes:

chinu

chinu
How do you interprete this verse?

"Verily the only acceptable religion to Allah is Islam." [Quran 3:19]
Allah means God, and the word Islam means peace and tranquillity.

-Islamist does not harass the humble and the meek,
-Islamist does not frightens his neighbour, weather the neighbour is a believer or un-believer.
-Islamist is who preserves the honour of soul and obeys Allah's/God's instructions.
-Islamist is who provides comfort, pleasure to all and gives trouble to none,
-Islamist is who is always compassionate to others.
-Islamist is who does not eat the dead, nor kills those who are alive.
-Islamist is who practises devotion paves the way for meeting Allah/God.
-Islamist is who struggles with his own mind and crushes the false pride of the negative power.

chinu

chinu
are you saying islamists neither eat meat nor kill living beings(animals)?
I mean, they should not eat meat, or kill. because how can one be compassionate by killing others ? and being compassionate is one of the major virtue to be followed by a true islamist, if one cares. :)

islam abduallah

May be that you are an Arab. That does not mean that your understanding is better. What you are saying means that Islam had a beginning. That there was no Islam before Muhammad's Islam. This concept cannot be correct.

What begins must end. What rises will set. Only the truth is eternal. So your variety of Islam, which has a beginning, must also end.

Further, Quran itself contains the meaning as noted earlier.

excuse me, but i don't mean to say that my understanding is better than him, i just want to say that i read the quran without translation i read it in the original language, so it's not affected by the human errors, and so in the arabic quran it's written ISLAM not what he meant submission 'ISTISLAM" in arabic that's my point

according to islam, islam is the religion of all prophets not only mohamed, Jesus, Abraham, moses, noah and adam all of them invited people and teach them islam

Aquitaine

Basically, according to Jews, Judaism is the only religion that will get you in Heaven. According to Christians, Christianity is the only path to Heaven. And now according to Muslims, Islam is the only true path to God and Paradise.

Can you see why Atheists choose not to get involved with "finding the one true path to God"?

chinu

chinu
Basically, according to Jews, Judaism is the only religion that will get you in Heaven. According to Christians, Christianity is the only path to Heaven. And now according to Muslims, Islam is the only true path to God and Paradise.

Can you see why Atheists choose not to get involved with "finding the one true path to God"?
Because they are honest with themselves. :)

islam abduallah

No, I really can't

islam abduallah

Yes seriously,
About christians and jews I'll tell them let's read the three scriptures fairly and neutrally and tgen we can figure out which scripture is the truth
But making myself as not seeing them, I think isn't the right solution

Aquitaine

Yes seriously,
About christians and jews I'll tell them let's read the three scriptures fairly and neutrally and tgen we can figure out which scripture is the truth
But making myself as not seeing them, I think isn't the right solution

So basically, inviting them to a neutral a fair discussion about the three religions, but then ignoring any input they have about their own religions being the "true" one?

islam abduallah

Just to follow what you found its from the creator and rejects the others, for sure not All ppl will get the same conclusion as me or you
But I don't like claiming without enough knowledge

Aquitaine

Just to follow what you found its from the creator and rejects the others, for sure not All ppl will get the same conclusion as me or you
But I don't like claiming without enough knowledge

Could it be said though that any person claiming to know the Will of God and "path to Paradise" is claiming without enough knowledge, since nobody truly knows what life is about - or what happens after death? :shrug: