1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured The Need For Christian Symbolism on Government Property

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Skwim, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Religion:
    Christian
    It's not false, When someone states right out their own mouth when ask they say they are Muslim and of the Muslim faith.
    How much more clear can that be.

2. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +579
    Religion:
    Christian
    Ok, I can Respect that. If someone ask you such and such a question and you answered I am Muslim and of the Muslim faith, How much more clearer can Obama be.

3. Evangelicalhumanist

Evangelicalhumanist "Truth" isn't a thing...
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11,226
    Religion:
    None, a humanist who doesn't even worship humans
    And like the quote that -- out of context -- would seem to falsely make me a Christian, do you know for certain that what Obama said was not taken from a similar context (and that context edited out)?

That's what you need to understand, and clearly do not.

4. It Aint Necessarily So

It Aint Necessarily So Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,235
    Religion:
    None
    You're asking him to verify a claim of yours that you could have easily supported with an argument and/or a supporting link.

To be willing to do as you suggest, he'd either have to trust your judgment enough to believe that you're probably correct on a matter that he cares about. Neither of those might be the case.

They weren't for me. I also didn't Google the matter. I don't see it being worth the effort.

With all due respect, we encounter two distinct communities of posters: those familiar with and respectful of the standards of academia, and those in a different world. The latter are much more likely to be swayed by propaganda and to have misunderstood what they have read. There just isn't much incentive to take their unsupported claims seriously or even make the effort to confirm or disconfirm them.

Bottom line: When dealing with those trained in the methods and values of academia, most of whom have learned skepticism for unsupported claims, if you want to be believed, make and support your argument yourself. If you depend on others to do it, you will likely be disappointed.

Proceed accordingly.

I think what he is saying is that he doesn't take YOU at your word. Support your claims or have them be disregarded. As Hitchens says, "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Evangelicalhumanist

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11,226
    Religion:
    Please stop being obtuse. You can listen to the recording yourself, and you can perfectly easily see where it has been clipped and cobbled together. You can make anybody seem to say anything that way. It's done to disparage people by those with no more ethics than a snake, and you are ignoring that only because it APPEARS TO SAY

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +579
    Religion:
    Christian

So you say, but when you got Obama himself admitting that he is Muslim. There's nothing there to be misunderstood or to be taken out of it's context.
    Obama was ask if he was muslim and Obama answered Yes I am Muslim.
    What's so hard about with that.

#246 Faithofchristian, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  7. Evangelicalhumanist

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11,226
    Religion:
    Fine, I'm not going to argue with you about this anymore, because you've proven to my satisfaction that you cannot think rationally beyond your predetermined beliefs.

But since you insist that Obama is a Muslim because "he said so," then by precisely the same reasoning, you must admit that I am a Christian, because I said so. You can read it above, in red. All you need do is remove all of the non-red words, and there it is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1AOA1

1AOA1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +14

"Government property" is a stretch.