• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lord's Day, is it really Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooda

Veteran Member
Hello Soda, (emphsis mine in red above) your reading into the scriptures again what the scriptures are not saying. Where does it say in those scriptures when you shall see the abomination of desolation "AGAIN" Can you see the peoblem your having now? :)

Again is implied .. it had happened before when Antiochus was emperor.. That's why the Jews have Hannukah.. to rededicate the temple AFTER the abomination of desolation wrought by Antiochus.

3rdAngel

I don't have to go by the Bible since it is better for me to go by Jesus. You are worshiping a dead book. I worship the living God.

JESUS is the living Word of God who has given mankind the written Word of God. No one worships JESUS neither do they go to JESUS by not believeing His written word or doing what His wirtten word says :)

MATTHEW 15:2-9
[2], Why do your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
[3], But he answered and said to them, WHY DO YOU ALSO TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION?
[4], For God commanded, saying, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatever you might be profited by me;
[6], And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YOU MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION.
[7], YOU HYPOCRITES, WELL DID ESAIAS PROPHESY OF YOU, SAYING,
[8], THIS PEOPLE DRAWS NEAR TO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME.
[9], BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.

Those who do not believe and follow Gods Word are not worshipping God according to the scriptures. Does this not worry you? It should :)

sooda

Veteran Member
JESUS is the living Word of God who has given mankind the written Word of God. No one worships JESUS neither do they go to JESUS by not believeing His written word or doing what His wirtten word says :)

MATTHEW 15:2-9
[2], Why do your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
[3], But he answered and said to them, WHY DO YOU ALSO TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION?
[4], For God commanded, saying, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatever you might be profited by me;
[6], And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YOU MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION.
[7], YOU HYPOCRITES, WELL DID ESAIAS PROPHESY OF YOU, SAYING,
[8], THIS PEOPLE DRAWS NEAR TO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME.
[9], BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.

Those who do not believe and follow Gods Word are not worshipping God according to the scriptures. Does this not worry you? It should :)

Hanukkah and the Abomination of Desolation | Discover ...
Discoverhanukkah/hanukkah-and-the-abomination-of-desolation.html
Dec 09, 2015 · Antiochus Epiphanes, the villain of the Hanukkah story, was the king of Syria and an early forerunner of the antichrist.

He erected an idol in the Temple that the Prophet Daniel referred to as the “abomination of desolation.”

Yeshua of Nazareth warned us to expect history to repeat itself.

sooda

Veteran Member
@3rdAngel

Hanukkah and the Abomination of Desolation | Discover ...
Discoverhanukkah/hanukkah-and-the-abomination-of-desolation.html
Dec 09, 2015 · Antiochus Epiphanes, the villain of the Hanukkah story, was the king of Syria and an early forerunner of the antichrist. He erected an idol in the Temple that the Prophet Daniel referred to as the “abomination of desolation.” Yeshua of Nazareth warned us to expect history to repeat itself.

Hanukkah recalls a dark time in Jewish history when the Seleucid Syrian-Greek government made the study of Torah illegal. In those days, circumcising your son could get both you and the child put to death. Jews who kept the Sabbath and holy days risked their lives to do so.

The villain of the Hanukkah story was the king of Syria, Antiochus (IV) Epiphanes. Antiochus Epiphanes was the antichrist of his generation. When the Syrian-Egyptian war (between the Seleucids and the Ptolemys) spilled into Israel, Antiochus took Jerusalem. He encouraged the Jewish people to assimilate into the nations, setting aside the distinctive marks of Jewish identity. He forbade the study and observance of Torah. He set up an idol of Zeus in the Temple, and, according to some versions of the story, he had the craftsmen impose a likeness of his own face onto the idol. The Prophet Daniel foresaw this sacrilege and referred to it as the “abomination of desolation”:

Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate. He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant. (Daniel 11:31-32)

Daniel’s prophecy about the abomination of desolation was fulfilled in the days of the Hanukkah Revolt, but it is not merely a relic of Jewish history. Our Master warned his disciples that history would repeat itself. He told his disciples that, if they should see “the abomination of desolation spoken of by the Prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place,” they should flee from Jerusalem and Judea and take shelter in the hills (Matthew 24:15).

These words predicted the rise of another tyrant like Antiochus who would place an image in God’s Temple.

continued at the link

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
... And if you were to go back to Exodus and read what happens after Jesus comes down Mt. Sinai with the first 10 Commandments, keep reading. Moses makes it clear that these are for the Israelites/Hebrews/Jews. At no point does he, or any prophet in the Tanakh, state that these are for Gentiles. ...
Please do not dictate how I respond. I will not listen to you about it.

Exo_12:38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle.

Exo_16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:​

In Deuteronomy:

Deu 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
Deu 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
Deu 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?​

They were to be the Light unto the Gentiles around them to teach them the way of God. An example is seen in the days of Solomon and the queen of 7.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
"The Lord's day" according to the word of God:

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
"of" is possessive. Thus, "... the LORD['s] ... day ..." is the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD my God.

Roman Catholicism has sought to change times and laws of the Most High God (Daniel 7:25) as clearly seen here - Catechism of the Catholic Church - The Ten Commandments

Notice the commandments of God on the Left, and the "traditional" formula of men on the right. It's also amazing, that out of the Ten (authorities), Three were supplanted.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Kosher is Rabbinic Talmudism, not scriptural.
Absolutely false. With the website I just linked you to, scroll down the list and actually see for yourself the Kosher Laws, including where in Torah they're found. If you're not willing to do even this, then all you're going to be doing is to continue to wallow in ignorance.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
...Do you observe all of them? ...
As it is written:

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
It's why the Pharisees, etc hated Jesus so much. He kept God's commandments, and the Pharisees, and Sadducees and scribes put their man-made tradition in the place of God's laws, even as ye do. The contrast of obedience to disobedience, was most clearly presented.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Hello Soda, (emphsis mine in red above) your reading into the scriptures again what the scriptures are not saying. Where does it say in those scriptures when you shall see the abomination of desolation "AGAIN" Can you see the peoblem your having now?
Your response...
Again is implied .. it had happened before when Antiochus was emperor.. That's why the Jews have Hannukah.. to rededicate the temple AFTER the abomination of desolation wrought by Antiochus.

Your implying is you reading into the scriptures what the scriptures do not say or teach. Those scriptures from JESUS show that you ignore show that the Abomination of desolation was future not past events fulfilled in Antiochus . Can you see your problem here. Not only does your interpretation of Antiochus not fulfill all the requirements of the scriptures in Daniel 8 we also see JESUS referring to the abomination of desolation as a future event. The scriptures and JESUS are not teaching that when you shall see the abomination AGAIN as you have read into the scriptures here my friend :)

3rdAngel

I believe I follow the requirement by worshiping on Sunday.

Indeed. This is a teaching and tradition of men that breaks the commandments of God (EXODUS 20:8-11) and what JESUS WARNS us about in MATTHEW 15:2-9. Does this not worry you? It should as these words of JESUS show that all those who follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God are not following God

3rdAngel

I believe legalists follow their own minds and will. It was legalists who crucified Jesus because they didn't see the Bible prophecies the way He did.

Indeed. I believe these same legalists were the ones who did not believe Gods' Word and did not follow it. Choosing instead to follow man made teachings and traditions that broke the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:2-9.

3rdAngel

Ever hear of the "Holy Spirit"?

The Holy Spirit works through Gods Word not outside of it. It is the Spirit of the Word and the Spirit of truth and not of error.

JOHN 6:63 [63], It is the spirit that vivifies; the flesh profits nothing: THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK TO YOU, THEY ARE SPIRIT, AND THEY ARE LIFE.

According to the scriptures, if we are not following God's Word we do not have God's Spirit :)

3rdAngel

He's stuck on denying Antiochus IV because he doesn't know history.

I know both scripture and history. You on the other hand have only shown you do not know the scriptures as you cannot reconcile Daniel 8s "little Horn" to the fact that

1. Antiochus IV Epiphanes did not fulfill all the signs of Daniel 8. This was demonstrated in post # 382 linked that you simply choose to ignore

and...

2. Antiochus IV Epiphanes lived BEFORE JESUS and JESUS says that the abomination of desolation was a FUTURE EVENT to the disciples showing that the interpretation of the Abomination of desolation to Antiochus IV is a false interpretation of the scriptures.

The only power that fits all these scriptures in Daniel, Matthew and Revelation is the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (not the people God has many of his people in this false Church). This is the true AntiChrist and the one who thought to change times and laws *DANIEL 7:25.

How about you reconcile all the above here that you have chosen to ignore (not to mention all the detailed posts and scriptures from CT showing why you are in error)? If you cannot than all your showing is that your interpretation of the scriptures are false and your simply trying to read into the scriptures what the scriptures do not say or teach.

Hope this is helpful :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.