• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The LDS "Articles of Faith"

Mike182

Flaming Queer
hi everyone!

ok, over 60 posts have been deleted from this thread for mostly being off topic. as you can guess, the mod team isn't overly impressed with this thread :cool: but we are opening this thread again.

please stay on topic, and keep all posts civil towards other members.

bible truth

hi everyone!

ok, over 60 posts have been deleted from this thread for mostly being off topic. as you can guess, the mod team isn't overly impressed with this thread :cool: but we are opening this thread again.

please stay on topic, and keep all posts civil towards other members.

I will no longer participate on this Thread. I will discuss and debate all within the Thread "The Person and Work of Christ according to the Bible" within the Thread context. - BT

bible truth

I will no longer participate on this Thread. I will discuss and debate all within the Thread "The Person and Work of Christ according to the Bible" within the Thread context. I plan staying specifically on the Thread topic and will try to be as objective as possible within Scripture alone. - BT

http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/v/i...&mediaId=ba25507f3aa22110VgnVCM100000176f620a____

The Restoration of Truth How can I know this is true?

How can I know this is true? Your Heavenly Father is the source of all truth. He loves you and wants to answer your questions. Therefore, He will help you recognize the truth as you sincerely seek it and ask Him for guidance. You can know if the things you are learning are true if you ask your Heavenly Father in prayer. He desires for you to know the truth, and you can receive an answer from Him through the Holy Ghost...

After looking at the posted image of Jesus from the LDS Thread, and since *Paul* is having computer problems to debate Calvinism, and the Moderators have reopened this Thread, I would like to continue with this particular Thread. - BT

Bishka

Veteran Member
bible [FONT=Comic Sans MS said:
After looking at the posted image of Jesus from the LDS Thread, and since *Paul* is having computer problems to debate Calvinism, and the Moderators have reopened this Thread, I would like to continue with this particular Thread. - BT[/FONT]

Yet what you have posted from the LDS website is not in the context of this thread. This thread is discussing the 13 Articles of Faith of the LDS Church. If you would like to post what you have in another thread, that is fine and well, but please do not drag this off topic again.

bible truth

Yet what you have posted from the LDS website is not in the context of this thread. This thread is discussing the 13 Articles of Faith of the LDS Church. If you would like to post what you have in another thread, that is fine and well, but please do not drag this off topic again.

Hi Beckysoup,

It is not intention to drag us away from the 13 Articles of Faith of the LDS Church. However, it seems the 13 Articles of Faith is needed to support the Restoration of Truth supporting my last post. This is the essential claim of the LDS Church; the restoration is linked together with the 13 Articles of Faith. How can we get someone to decide if the restoration of truth is part of the 13 Articles of Faith? I believe it should be discussed on this Thread with the 13 Articles? Can we have a moderator decide on this particular issue? - BT

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Hi Beckysoup,

It is not intention to drag us away from the 13 Articles of Faith of the LDS Church. However, it seems the 13 Articles of Faith is needed to support the Restoration of Truth supporting my last post. This is the essential claim of the LDS Church; the restoration is linked together with the 13 Articles of Faith. How can we get someone to decide if the restoration of truth is part of the 13 Articles of Faith? I believe it should be discussed on this Thread with the 13 Articles? Can we have a moderator decide on this particular issue? - BT

please note that this is my personal response to your question, not an organised one by the mod team. i am not speaking from a position of forum authority here, this is simply my suggestion on how to get on topic and stay on topic:

at first glance, this thread was started to systematically debate a yes or no answer to each of the 13 articles of faith. i see very little debate and certainly no system of organising it.

i would suggest that if you wish to proceed with this debate, you start with challenging the 13 articles of faith with biblical verses, and explain why those verses contradict the article(s) in question.

the article you just posted is saying that the Holy Spirit will help discern truth from falsehoods, and I'm sure the LDS members agree with that, but this thread was to challenge the articles of faith with Sola Scriptura, not the Holy Spirit...

bible truth

please note that this is my personal response to your question, not an organised one by the mod team. i am not speaking from a position of forum authority here, this is simply my suggestion on how to get on topic and stay on topic:

at first glance, this thread was started to systematically debate a yes or no answer to each of the 13 articles of faith. i see very little debate and certainly no system of organising it.

i would suggest that if you wish to proceed with this debate, you start with challenging the 13 articles of faith with biblical verses, and explain why those verses contradict the article(s) in question.

the article you just posted is saying that the Holy Spirit will help discern truth from falsehoods, and I'm sure the LDS members agree with that, but this thread was to challenge the articles of faith with Sola Scriptura, not the Holy Spirit...

Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing your personal response. In Biblical Christianity, God the Holy Spirit illuminates Scripture to understand truth. Therefore, Sola Scriptura cannot be seperated from the person and work of the Holy Spirit. Should we get the mod team to make a ruling about the restoration of truth as part of the 13 Articles of Faith? - BT

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing your personal response. In Biblical Christianity, God the Holy Spirit illuminates Scripture to understand truth. Therefore, Sola Scriptura cannot be seperated from the person and work of the Holy Spirit. Should we get the mod team to make a ruling about the restoration of truth as part of the 13 Articles of Faith? - BT

then post biblical scripture, and then the God inspired interpretation or understanding of what those scriptures mean, in relation to each of the 13 articles of faith.