• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The LDS "Articles of Faith"

Bishka

Veteran Member
Pasted and copied from web site: http://www.religionfacts.com/mormonism/beliefs/human_nature_and_purpose.htm

Mormons view humans as ultimately spirits, who lived with God as spirits before they were born on earth. God chose a specific time and place for each spirit to come to earth to receive a physical body.

God did this so humans can gain essential experience and prove themselves worthy to return to live with God forever. [1] Thus the purpose of life is to undergo experiences and cultivate virtues that could not be done in heaven as a spirit, and earn the right to return to heaven with God.

As an official Mormon website explains this doctrine:
You didn’t suddenly spring into existence the moment you were born. You were happy in Heavenly Father’s presence, but He knew that you needed more in order to progress. You did not have a physical body like you do now, and you needed a chance to gain experience on your own—away from His presence, but with the ability to communicate with Him and receive help. So He sent you to Earth, hoping that you would return to Him and receive everything He has to offer you. Before you were born, you lived with your Heavenly Father as one of His beloved spirit children. You knew and loved Him, and He knew and loved you. Although you have forgotten your life before you were born, your Heavenly Father has not. He knows you and loves you. He wants you to come to know and love Him, too. [2]

In contrast to some Christian denominations that emphasize divine predestination and/or the crippling effects of original sin, Mormons teach that humans have complete free will to do good or evil. [3]

Children are regarded as free of sin and incapable of sinning until the age of 8, when they become accountable. [4]
This is a paste and copy from a neutral website link above. As you can see, Mormon Theology is completely different than Christendom (Roman Catholicism, Protestant, and Eastern Orthodox). Orthodox Christianity teaches that our live begins at conception. We are all united to Adam and all sinned in Adam (Romans 5). I have posted a Psalm of David declaring that he was a sinner in his mother's womb. The Bible never reveals that children are innocent and incapable of sinning unit the age of 8. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Psalm 58:3:
Even from birth the wicked go astray;
from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

Psalm 51:5: (David)
Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.

It is very difficult to understand what point 2 is actually teaching. At the very least, all humanity is punished for Adam’s transgression, because the Bible teaches that we are all born sinners, separated from God. All of us will experience physical death, because of Adam’s transgression (Romans 5, 1 Cor 15). It is interesting that an official representative of the LDS Church also states that through Adam’s transgression, all people are currently spirituality dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur
This statement is from Earl C. Tingey, one of our General Authorities:

The Fall of Adam and Eve brought about two deaths. We are subject to those deaths. Physical death is the separation of the spirit from the physical body. Because of the Fall of Adam, all mankind will suffer physical death. The second death is spiritual. It is separation from God’s presence. Adam and Eve freely conversed with God in the Garden of Eden. After their transgression, they lost that privilege. Thereafter, communication from God came only through faith and sacrifice, combined with heartfelt petitioning. Currently, we are all in the state of spiritual death. We are separated from God. He dwells in heaven; we live on earth. We would like to return to Him. He is clean and perfect. We are unclean and imperfect. The power of Christ’s Atonement overcame both deaths.

Several of the LDS members on this site have tried to explain this statement when I posted Ephesians chapter 2. I will not try to reconcile unofficial statements with official LDS teaching on the state of spiritual death of all people. Here is what the Bible teaches on spiritual death. Biblical Christians are made spiritually alive.

Ephesians 2 -Made Alive in Christ
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

This is a summary of point 2 tested in the light of Scripture over several weeks. My goal is to test the Articles of Faith expounded by official LDS teaching like Earl C Tingey above. I cannot try to discern unofficial explanations of 10 different postings by lay LDS members. One of the claims of the LDS church is “apostolic succession”, through modern day prophets. Therefore, official extra-biblical revelation can only be made by those in the LDS church who claim this line of authority. According to Thread 1 created by Katzpur, she has given me the authority to move to the next point. It is time to move to point 3. The Scriptures were posted earlier to refute my understanding of point 2. Biblical truths are intentionally concealed to many sinners. Biblical truths of Christianity are revealed to some sinners by the illumination of God the Holy Spirit to God’s chosen ones. Jesus spoke in parables for a reason. I have asked several additional evangelicals to co-labor with me on this Thread. Be patient as we move to point 3. – BT

3. We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedi

Are you even listening?

bible truth

Matthew 5 - The Fulfillment of the Law

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

John 6 -Jesus the Bread of Life

When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, "Rabbi, when did you get here?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."

Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
So they asked him, "What miraculous sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? Our forefathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written: 'He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'"

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
"Sir," they said, "from now on give us this bread."

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."
At this the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven." They said, "Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, 'I came down from heaven'?"
"Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered. "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." 59He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Many Disciples Desert Jesus

On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"
Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you? What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
"You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."
Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!" (He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray him.)

John 19:30
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
Romans 3:25
God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, [ Or as the one who would turn aside his wrath, taking away sin] through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—
Hebrews 2:17
For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for [ Or and that he might turn aside God's wrath, taking away] the sins of the people.

Articles of Faith Point 3

3. We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

There are significant theological truths from the biblical passages posted above. Since we are on Point 3, could someone please give me the official LDS meaning and definition of atonement. - BT :)

bible truth

Articles of Faith Point 3

3. We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
The truth defined by Scripture alone. We are justified through faith alone. We have peace with God and reconciled to Him by grace alone, through faith alone, and by the person of work of Christ alone. The only thing a Christian brings to the table of salvation is their sin. Therefore, all the glory goes to God alone for saving a wretched sinner like me. There is no boasting in the flesh! Christ accomplished full atonement for all will believe. - BT

Romans 3 - Righteousness Through Faith

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Romans 4 - Abraham Justified by Faith

What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather, discovered in this matter? If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."]

Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:
"Blessed are they
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man
whose sin the Lord will never count against him."[b]

Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham's faith was credited to him as righteousness. Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before! And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. And he is also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also walk in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.
Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

Galatians 2

When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?
"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
Ah, just move on to point no. 3. itd be so much easier!!:yes: :yes:
Can i just say this thread has been really interesting and i have to give credit to my brother in Christ, Mr.Bible Truth for doing such a good job.
Also, i am learning alot from your posts, LDS peeps, its really interesting reading.

bible truth

Dear LDS friends,

As we press on in our debate of "The LDS Articlies of Faith" tested in the light of Scripture alone, I have requested other evangelical Christians to participate. Therefore, brothers and sisters in Christ such as *Paul* and Porkchop proclaim the same Gospel and the same Christ that I do. We worship and praise our great God together as one body in Christ (Ephesians 4). I will take a rest for several days. - BT :)

Aqualung

Tasty
Ah, just move on to point no. 3. itd be so much easier!!:yes: :yes:
Can i just say this thread has been really interesting and i have to give credit to my brother in Christ, Mr.Bible Truth for doing such a good job.
Also, i am learning alot from your posts, LDS peeps, its really interesting reading.

If you think he's done a good job by posting scriptures without posting his interpretation, I sincerely fear for the fate of this thread. :(

Bishka

Veteran Member
Dear LDS friends,

As we press on in our debate of "The LDS Articlies of Faith" tested in the light of Scripture alone, I have requested other evangelical Christians to participate. Therefore, brothers and sisters in Christ such as *Paul* and Porkchop proclaim the same Gospel and the same Christ that I do. We worship and praise our great God together as one body in Christ (Ephesians 4). I will take a rest for several days. - BT :)

Instead of 'pressing the debate', how about you listen to what we tell you instead of randomnly throwing scripture at us. That is not condusive to a good discussion/debate on something. I am with Soyleche, I will discontinue to post in this thread because it lost it's usefullness a long time ago.

bible truth

Here's a question for my LDS friends: What was accomplished by Jesus Christ in His perfect obedience to the Father's will, including His sacrifical death on the cross? I will check for your answers on Friday afternoon. This question is the heart of Point 3. - BT :)

Aqualung

Tasty
SoyLeche said:
I'll bet if people stopped responding this thread would die.

I know, it's a long shot, but it might just work...
Sounds like a good idea you've got there.

:)
Sounds like a good idea to me, too. After all, it's getting nowhere, since none of the debaters will stay on topic or justify their long posts full of un-interpreted scripture.

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
Dear LDS friends,

Enjoy your rest, Mr.Truth:bath:
We shall try to fill your shoes!!!!!:preach:

Mustard Seed

Jack of all trades... :)
Bible Truth you have no clue what a debate is and definately do not know how to conduct in one. Putting everyone on "ignore" is just immature.
Looks to me like walking a thin line between whats acceptabe here on RF and whats not. But ultimately I am in no position to make that call.
You have taken the OP out of context, just as you do scripture....to suit your own needs. I hope everyone see's this.

Go ahead and put me on ignore....

Your brother in christ,

darnell

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
Bible Truth you have no clue what a debate is and definately do not know how to conduct in one. Putting everyone on "ignore" is just immature.
Looks to me like walking a thin line between whats acceptabe here on RF and whats not. But ultimately I am in no position to make that call.
You have taken the OP out of context, just as you do scripture....to suit your own needs. I hope everyone see's this.

Go ahead and put me on ignore....

Your brother in christ,

darnell

I think you need to meditate on your signature, Darnell.:yes:

bible truth

Salvation

Because Mormons believe that we originally lived with God as spirits before being sent to this world (see Human Nature), salvation in Mormonism means returning to God after this life.
Mormons believe salvation is attained through a combination of faith in the Atonement of Christ and good works, with emphasis on the good works:
"If you are to return to live with God eternally, you must keep His commandments, accept Jesus Christ’s Atonement, and follow His example while you are on Earth." [1]
"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.... [the] ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost" [2]
To summarize these and other Mormon statements, salvation can be achieved by:
  • believing in God and Jesus
  • doing good (being kind, fair, loving, etc.)
  • developing moral character
  • repenting of sins and attaining forgiveness through the Atonement of Christ
  • being baptized and participating in other Mormon ordinances
  • spreading the Mormon faith [3]
References

1. "The eternal nature of God's children" at Mormon.org.
2. 13 Articles of Faith.
3. "The plan of salvation," "Your part in God's plan" and "Why am I here on Earth?"
Related Links
http://www.religionfacts.com/mormonism/beliefs/salvation.htm

Dear LDS Friends,
I am asking you within 1 Peter 3:15,

• Is the above information correct for Salvation according to official teaching of “The Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints”?
  • What was accomplished by Jesus Christ in His perfect obedience to the Father's will, including His sacrificial death on the cross? I will check for your answers on Friday afternoon. This question is the heart of Point 3.
1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

If you claim to belong to Christ, you will need to obey 1 Peter 3:15 since you have been asked about your LDS faith. I will respond to Point 3 on Friday or Saturday, within the context on this posting and other new postings made by LDS members regarding Point 3. If you read your most recent posts, none of them are doctrinal in nature. They are all personal postings that have nothing to do with Point 2 or Point 3. Therefore, you have the opportunity to share the hope that you have regarding the atonement of Christ and salvation according to the LDS Church. I have allowed you 3 to 4 days to address Point 3 in the Articles of Faith. - BT :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Mormons believe salvation is attained through a combination of faith in the Atonement of Christ and good works, with emphasis on the good works:

Dear LDS Friends,
  • Is the above information correct for Salvation according to official teaching of “The Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints”?
Oh, what the heck. I have nothing better to do. I'll come back and play for a little while. I don't know what this "emphasis on the good works" business is supposed to mean. If I were to fill every day of my life with good works and not have faith in Jesus Christ, I'd be in dire straits when I stood before God to be judged.

You are no doubt familiar with the old Christian hymn, "Rock of Ages." The second verse goes like this:

Not the labors of my hands
can fulfill thy law's commands;
could my zeal no respite know,
could my tears forever flow,
all for sin could not atone;
thou must save, and thou alone.

That describes our belief pretty well. I just love it when people try to interpret our doctrine for us. :cool:

By the way, your second "Related Link" (Mormon vs Biblical Teachings about Salvation - Leadership U) is to a clearly anti-Mormon website. Please remove it. Such links are against the rules of this forum.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Salvation

Because Mormons believe that we originally lived with God as spirits before being sent to this world (see Human Nature), salvation in Mormonism means returning to God after this life.
"If you are to return to live with God eternally, you must keep His commandments, accept Jesus Christ’s Atonement, and follow His example while you are on Earth." [1]
"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.... [the] ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost" [2]
To summarize these and other Mormon statements, salvation can be achieved by:
  • believing in God and Jesus
  • doing good (being kind, fair, loving, etc.)
  • developing moral character
  • repenting of sins and attaining forgiveness through the Atonement of Christ
  • being baptized and participating in other Mormon ordinances
  • spreading the Mormon faith [3]
References

1. "The eternal nature of God's children" at Mormon.org.
2. 13 Articles of Faith.
3. "The plan of salvation," "Your part in God's plan" and "Why am I here on Earth?"
Related Links
http://www.religionfacts.com/mormonism/beliefs/salvation.htm

Dear LDS Friends,

• What was accomplished by Jesus Christ in His perfect obedience to the Father's will, including His sacrificial death on the cross? I will check for your answers on Friday afternoon. This question is the heart of Point 3.
1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

If you claim to belong to Christ, you will need to obey 1 Peter 3:15 since you have been asked about your LDS faith. I will respond to Point 3 on Friday or Saturday, within the context on this posting and other new postings made by LDS members regarding Point 3. If you read your most recent posts, none of them are doctrinal in nature. They are all personal postings that have nothing to do with Point 2 or Point 3. Therefore, you have the opportunity to share the hope that you have regarding the atonement of Christ and salvation according to the LDS Church. I have allowed you 3 to 4 days to address Point 3 in the Articles of Faith. - BT :)

I will check your answers :rolleyes: ..... LOL.

ok, teacher.

yes, katzpur said you could move on whenever you are ready, but if you expect any of the LDS members to actually respond to you, you will have to satisfy us. You haven't addressed how the Second Article of Faith is contradicted by the Bible. Why don't you finally take your shot at that, then we will answer your posts on the 3rd Article of Faith.

I would encourage all LDS members to not respond to any posts regarding the 3rd Article of Faith until the kitty makes his argument regarding the 2nd AoF. Or, I will support Soy's idea of just ignoring the entire thread since it is a joke anyway. BT has NOTHING, if he had something, he would have brought it by now.

Nice try BT. You're firing blanks.

bible truth

Hey Comprehend, I took you off my ignore list. Could you please answer the two questions below?

Dear Comprehend,
  • Is the above information correct (Post 281) for Salvation according to official teaching of “The Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints”?
Your friend only (lol),
BT :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
yes, katzpur said you could move on whenever you are ready, but if you expect any of the LDS members to actually respond to you, you will have to satisfy us. You haven't addressed how the Second Article of Faith is contradicted by the Bible. Why don't you finally take your shot at that, then we will answer your posts on the 3rd Article of Faith.

I would encourage all LDS members to not respond to any posts regarding the 3rd Article of Faith until the kitty makes his argument regarding the 2nd AoF. Or, I will support Soy's idea of just ignoring the entire thread since it is a joke anyway. BT has NOTHING, if he had something, he would have brought it by now.
Oh, let's move on. Since BT has not provided any evidence to refute the 2nd Article of Faith by now, he's clearly not going to. We LDS aren't the only ones who can see that; it should be obvious to anybody reading this thread. I'm ready to see what he has to say about the 3rd Article of Faith. If we don't agree to proceed until BT has actually provided some evidence that the 2nd Article of Faith in un-biblical, we'll be stuck on it forever!

bible truth

Hey Katzpur, since you couldn't stay away from this exciting Thread, could you please answer the two questions below?

Dear Katzpur,
  • Is the above information correct (Post 281) for Salvation according to official teaching of “The Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints”?
Your friend only (lol),
BT :)