• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The lady of heaven movie and Sunni protests

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Some people are on a mission to destroy the reputation of a said religion or a said religious figure. When it is obvious what they are up to - they should be discouraged but of course in a civilized way. Problem is - in many cases negative publicity makes them and their controversial deed even more famous and subsequently the problem only skyrockets.
Every religion have some biased critics who (for whatever personal reason) make it a mission in their life to work against that said religion in every possible way they can. Maybe they feel threatened by that religion or maybe they do it because there is money to be made!
The writer of this movie is a controversial figure. Anyone attempting to undertake writing and producing a movie based an historical and religious incident should have the common sense to verify details by consulting qualified historians. Did he do that? If not - then his motives are clear.

I doubt it was ever his intention to consult anyone,he’s not very popular with anyone it seems.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Some people are on a mission to destroy the reputation of a said religion or a said religious figure. When it is obvious what they are up to - they should be discouraged but of course in a civilized way. Problem is - in many cases negative publicity makes them and their controversial deed even more famous and subsequently the problem only skyrockets.
Every religion have some biased critics who (for whatever personal reason) make it a mission in their life to work against that said religion in every possible way they can. Maybe they feel threatened by that religion or maybe they do it because there is money to be made!
The writer of this movie is a controversial figure. Anyone attempting to undertake writing and producing a movie based an historical and religious incident should have the common sense to verify details by consulting qualified historians. Did he do that? If not - then his motives are clear.
I think that some religions are too sensitive.
If the protests hadn't happened I wouldn't have known about this film. It has now piqued my interest and I may well seek it out.

I'm sure your god is not bothered and is thick skinned enough to take some criticism.

Gargovic Malkav

It certainly backfired and like you say filled the cinemas,harmless movie really.

There even was a nameless character in it where the movie appears to insinuate that particular character was the "real" Jesus.
I always suspected this was their way to show that the movie clearly was about a guy named Brian, and not Jesus Christ, and that they are not alike.

firedragon

Veteran Member
If the protests hadn't happened I wouldn't have known about this film. It has now piqued my interest and I may well seek it out.

I'm sure your god is not bothered and is thick skinned enough to take some criticism.

Haha. Criticism? Is that what this movie is?

Maybe in your bizaroworld criticism = cheap insults and lies. ;)

Maybe you should read a Christian scholar on Christianity and understand what criticism is or should be. You will learn something.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Maybe you should read a Christian scholar on Christianity and understand what criticism is or should be. You will learn something.

It's to cause discord and try to show Muslims can't unite under an Islamic government (uniting all Islamic countries which is a dream of many Muslims).

Altfish

Veteran Member

Why are you so sensitive about your god? Isn't he all powerful?
He doesn't need crowds with placards outside cinemas - or does he?

I don't belong to any organized religion or its sects. I follow my own path. Many religion have true basis and I believe Islam is one of them.
I do look at different doctrines but I do not follow the messenger's personal life with great interest because their example were for a different era - I don't believe everything from that era can apply to today's world. I believe just the topics in a said primary doctrine that is about what God asked from us - is suffice. Example of prophets and their life can help but no way to know what is true and what can apply to everyone in today's world.
I also believe messengers could have done a bit better job so that so many sects didn't evolve. All sects do through their conflicts regarding minor issues - is just destroying their own religion!
Anyhow there is no "my God or your God". I believe there is only one God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No brother. This is just to feel good due to lack of knowledge.
Yaser Habib is a hypocrite that pretends he believes in Ahlulbayt (a). See beyond people claims, he harms Shiites and Sunnis and all Muslims with his words and ways.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I wonder if it would be the same if it was an American flick though, as Christianity is still a big thing in the US compared to (Western) Europe.
I feel it's easier for Europeans to get away with mockery or cynical depictions of Jesus and/or Christians compared to the USA.

But Islam appears to have a different status.
Jesus is mocked and blasphemed all the time here in the media. It's no different from Europe in terms of that. Some Christians and groups may complain but that's all it ends up being.

stevecanuck

Cine world in the uk has scrapped plans to screen “The lady of heaven” because of Sunni Muslim protests outside of cinemas for fear of violence on their staff,imo it’s even more reason to screen it.,we should stand up for our freedoms.

The film claims to tell the story of Lady Fatima, the daughter of Prophet Muhammad.

The Supreme Ulema Council said the movie was a "flagrant falsification of the established facts" of Islam.

There have been protests against the film in the UK. Egypt, Pakistan, Iran and Iraq have also denounced it.

The council accused the film of "loathsome partiality" and accused the filmmakers of seeking "fame and sensationalism" and "hurting the feelings of Muslims and stirring up religious sensitivities", according to Moroccan state media.

The BBC's Religion Editor, Aleem Maqbool, says the criticism centres on the the way the Shia Muslim film-maker and cleric, Yasser Al-Habib, has portrayed prominent revered figures in early Sunni Islam, implying that there are comparisons between their actions with those of the Islamic State group in Iraq.

The film's producer Malik Shlibak has lambasted those who want the film banned on his social media, describing it as bigotry and telling them if they did not like the film they should not watch it, as opposed to censoring it.

The Lady of Heaven film: Morocco bans ‘blasphemous’ British film

When you consider the fate of Theo Van Gogh and fatwa to kill Salman Rushdie, I'm a little surprised he had the courage make the movie. Terrorism works.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yaser Habib is a hypocrite that pretends he believes in Ahlulbayt (a). See beyond people claims, he harms Shiites and Sunnis and all Muslims with his words and ways.

I honestly don't know much about this guy brother. But I will read up on him.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Jesus is mocked and blasphemed all the time here in the media. It's no different from Europe in terms of that. Some Christians and groups may complain but that's all it ends up being.

Watch the movie. Study the history and what they are portraying. Only then you will know what you are talking about.

The problem with most people is that they tend to speak generally.

Honestly, I have never in my life seen a single movie that insults, ridicules, demonises, and uses racist tricks like portraying black people as the dirty villains, of Jesus's disciples, like lets say Peter, James, and maybe even Paul. I have never seen.

I know that Jesus is mocked and insulted by all kinds of people who have no character. Some people lack character, and they don't have much to do in their lives so all they could do is without educating themselves a bit, mock and insult like idiots.

But that does not mean "I go through bad things, so you should too". It's a very bad attitude. Especially without having a clue of the true picture.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This use of Fatima (a) is not different then when Mauwiya used the Quran and put it on spears. It's a ploy, a trick.

stevecanuck

Although I believe Fatima (a) and Mohammad (s) were murdered by same people who are praised by Sunni Muslims, the intention of this film and motive is betrayal of Muslims, seeking Fitna between them at a critical moment, and a way to continue dividing and oppressing them.

May God curse the so called Shiites who participated in making of this film. I hope anyone who watches or pays money towards it, Shiite or non-Muslim, get's cursed by Fatima's (a) prayers and God never lets them enter paradise.

It's a way of dividing and conquering. They are trying to shatter our unity or rather the very little fabrics of what is left of it.

Is it safe to assume you agree with verse 5:33, which says that people who are guilty of fitna should be "killed or crucified"?