• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The lady of heaven movie and Sunni protests

stevecanuck

May God curse him and put him in the lowest place of fire, the 7th gate to hell and make enter through 7th gate of hell and seal his heart with no return to redemption neither this world or next, but die cursed. Amen.

Ah, I'm going to just sit for a bit and let the love and tolerance of Islam wash over me.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it safe to assume you agree with verse 5:33, which says that people who are guilty of fitna should be "killed or crucified"?
Colonialist want to tell us about our religion and cause discord at the same time, and tell us Quran tells us to kill each other too. :)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ah, I'm going to just sit for a bit and let the love and tolerance of Islam wash over me.
Islam teaches to temper your hate with justice, compassion, and discipline. Unlike US terrorist country and it's allies, who vilify others, and oppress them and deem their blood cheap.

Of course Yaser Habib, is beyond redemption and I don't have compassion for him. But I have compassion for most hypocrites and disbelievers.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Islamic culture is hopelessly confused about its own rights and role. Starting with the claim that Islam would somehow be a religion. It is not; it is a tribalist, hegemonistic doctrine with no true religious ambitions.

It would be a very good thing indeed if Muslim communities learned about religion.

stevecanuck

Why are yo so sensitive about anyone else's beliefs? Is there a problem? I mean is there some kind dire need to insult other peoples worldviews to boost your own ego or place in this world?

Your god is VERY sensitive about other's beliefs. He whines about them in many hundreds of verses. Here are some of my favorite examples. To quote you, "I mean is there some kind dire need to insult other peoples worldviews to boost your own ego or place in this world?".

7:176 - So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs
7:179 - We have destined many men and jinn for hell. They have hearts but do not understand, eyes but do not see. They have ears but do not hear. They are worse than lost cattle
8:22 - Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are the deaf and dumb who do not use reason.
8:55 - Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe
62:5 - The example of those who were entrusted with the Torah and then did not take it on is like that of a donkey who carries volumes [of books]. Wretched is the example of the people who deny the signs of Allah.
98:6 - Indeed, they who disbelieved among the People of the Scripture and the polytheists will be in the fire of Hell, abiding eternally therein. Those are the worst of creatures

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I hope no one is thinking of making a film about Aisha - the child version, that is, that some seem to subscribe to. :oops:

firedragon

Veteran Member
Your god is VERY sensitive about other's beliefs. He whines about them in many hundreds of verses. Here are some of my favorite examples. To quote you, "I mean is there some kind dire need to insult other peoples worldviews to boost your own ego or place in this world?".

7:176 - So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs
7:179 - We have destined many men and jinn for hell. They have hearts but do not understand, eyes but do not see. They have ears but do not hear. They are worse than lost cattle
8:22 - Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are the deaf and dumb who do not use reason.
8:55 - Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe
62:5 - The example of those who were entrusted with the Torah and then did not take it on is like that of a donkey who carries volumes [of books]. Wretched is the example of the people who deny the signs of Allah.
98:6 - Indeed, they who disbelieved among the People of the Scripture and the polytheists will be in the fire of Hell, abiding eternally therein. Those are the worst of creatures

Irrelevant.

RestlessSoul

There even was a nameless character in it where the movie appears to insinuate that particular character was the "real" Jesus.
I always suspected this was their way to show that the movie clearly was about a guy named Brian, and not Jesus Christ, and that they are not alike.

I don’t see how anyone could be offended by The Life of Brian, but plenty of people were. Some people just love to take offence.

And yeah, Brian isn’t Jesus, that’s made clear. In fact he’s in the audience listening to the sermon on the Mount. The movie is a gentle satire on religious hypocrisy, of which all religions are frequently guilty.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Why are yo so sensitive about anyone else's beliefs? Is there a problem? I mean is there some kind dire need to insult other peoples worldviews to boost your own ego or place in this world?
I'm not sensitive about other people's beliefs as long as they do not try to impose them on me.
Show me where I've insulted someone's religion and I'll apologise.

What do you need?
Food, clothing, shelter and friends

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I had no idea this movie existed until I read about the protests against it.

The idea that one religion should be above all criticism or mockery is the foundation of theocratic tyranny. The U.K. shouldn't submit its freedoms to the violent threats; it should arrest or deport anyone who breaks the laws of the land they live in just because their religious sensitivities were offended.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Soooo, it's irrelevant because it shows your religion's "dire need to insult other peoples worldviews". :p

Nah. It just shows your dire need to insult other peoples religions, do cut and pastes with a degree in arabic and islam from google academy, day in day out spreading hatred and bogus scholarship. ;) Even if the thread is about a movie that does not make any insults to God, you have to come and insult God, which is irrelevant. It shows that its your dire need. Not vice versa. :p

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
I'm not sensitive about other people's beliefs as long as they do not try to impose them on me.

Who tried to impose it on you in this thread mate? This thread is not about God. It's about a move. And that movie does not insult God. So this is an illness you are showing, just like some other people in this thread.

stevecanuck

I had no idea this movie existed until I read about the protests against it.

The idea that one religion should be above all criticism or mockery is the foundation of theocratic tyranny. The U.K. shouldn't submit its freedoms to the violent threats; it should arrest or deport anyone who breaks the laws of the land they live in just because their religious sensitivities were offended.

"Criticism or mockery" would be examples of "corruption" (fasad in Arabic), and the penalty for those who are guilty of that according to verse 5:33 is "they should be killed or crucified". So, the protests and any threats of violence are consistent with the tenets of Islam.

stevecanuck

Nah. It just shows your dire need to insult other peoples religions, do cut and fastest with a degree in arabic and islam from google academy, day in day out spreading hatred and bogus scholarship. ;) Even if the thread is about a movie that does not make any insults to God, you have to come and insult God, which is irrelevant. It shows that its your dire need. Not vice versa. :p

Ad hom in lieu of rebuttal. Again. Still. Always.