1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured The Hadith, source of Islamic atrocities.

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by SA Huguenot, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +7,876
    Religion:
    I am an advaitist Hindu pagan and a strong atheist.
    [​IMG]

African Rulers of India: Janjira, Sachin, Adoni, Ahmadnagar, Bengal Sultanate.

Dr. Kenneth Robbins, author of “African elites in India”, is of the opinion that it is necessary to shed light on the ruling status of Africans in India. .. “A major difference in the history of African presence in the rest of the world and that in India is that racial discrimination was not a feature. Nowhere else in the world had they ruled.”
    African rulers of India: That part of our history we choose to forget

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Only the Quran is the Word of God both to Sunni and Shia and anything which contradicts it is false. Many fabricated hadiths were created by His enemies to slander Prophet Muhammad during His lifetime and afterwards thousands upon thousands by the Abbasids and Umayyads to try and justify their disobedience to the Quran.

The Quran alone promoted peace and integration never war and violence.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,222
    Religion:
    Theological noncognitivist
    Sure power could easily alter policy.

4. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,222
    Religion:
    Action speaks volume. The Ahmadiyya have done a lot of good in Canada. Also they have embrace Canada rather than Canada having to embrace them. This is what I call the difference between shared values vs blind multiculturalism The former naturally results in multiculturalism while the later never wants to evaluate the culture until something horrible happens.

Now we have conservative Muslims bring back ideas like sex based segregation in private and public life. That is a major step back.

5. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,222
    Religion:
    Jihad has been used for political wars. The Ottomans joined the Central Powers in WW1 in a declaration of Jihad.

6. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,222
    Religion:
    The Sunni are the dominate branch mind you.

7. Israel Khan

Israel Khan Active Member

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    Non Religious/ Loves Religions
    They are yeah. But both sides originate from the beginning and split because of politics. And as far as i know we do not know whose history is true. So addressing the Sunni hadith would only impact them and not the rest.

8. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,222
    Religion:
    My point was being the dominant branch will tend to be the one most know due to basic communication used to share knowledge.

I doubt either is true. The methods are not very reliable

9. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    Ahh... OK. I didn't get your point earlier.

It is very difficult to get a solid answer from muslims about the methods as well.

10. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,222
    Religion:
    The method relies heavily on trust as a primary called Chain of Narration. A modern term would be Chinese whispers or telephone but with the assumption no one in the chain made a mistake. Person A heard so and so then told the author. Person B heard so and so from Person C. I think one chain is 11 people long. So 11 people passed this information in order until the 11th told the author.

11. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    My problem that I addressed with a muslim colleague about the hadith is this:

Bukhari apparently destroyed most of the hadiths that he collected because he claimed that they "weren't trustworthy". How do we trust that what he is saying is true and he didn't just throw away damning evidence against muhammed and Islam? How do we know that he was correct?

The same thing happened with the Quran. Uthman compiled a standardised text and burnt the rest. Who is to say that he didn't make up his own stuff in the standardised version?

They counter this by saying that the original muslims could recite the verses and detect mistakes. But where is the proof of that?

Itb is all based on unfounded trust in people that nobody today knows.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,222
    Religion:
    Pretty much. However without the shield of doctrine and dogma people are rejecting various narrations for whatever reason. The religious class has issues influencing people it can not control. Scholars and layman alike.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    Yeah. It seems like they choose narrations depending on whether they like it or not. Often when they encounter a damning narration, they say it isn't authentic as a reaction.

14. Wasp

Wasp Active Member

Ratings:
    +221
    Jihad is also political of course. What kind of war isn't political?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Neutral Name

Neutral Name Active Member

Ratings:
    +387
    I don't know if you are in Canada but in the U.S. we have conservative "Christians", just as bad.

16. Neutral Name

Ratings:
    +387
    I did always think that the East African coast was very near India and so people must have gotten together from both areas.

In regard to loud music, drinking, etc. does that mean that many people in India don't like any Americans? Many of us do that and, having many friends from the Philippines, I know that some other non-Americans also like frivolity. I go to parties and have a lot of fun. Also, I love Bollywood movies. They always make India look like a really fun, frivolous place. What is the difference?

17. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +7,876
    Religion:
    Yeah, you are right. Indians (Hindus and Muslims, both) do not appreciate 'frivolous' behavior in public, whether Americans do it or Chinese or any other. We have no problem with people enjoying themselves in private without disturbing others. As I said, we are a bit conservative. There are festival times when it would not be objected. Bollywood too is considered very 'frivolous'. These are films and not real life. :)

18. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +7,876
    Religion:
    So says a Bahai who would not agree that Mohammad is 'Khātam al-Anbiyā'.
    Extend this to include whether there were any messages or even that there is a God, whether for Christians, Muslims, Hindus or any other.

#218 Aupmanyav, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  19. Neutral Name

Ratings:
    +387
    Well, I get that Bollywood is not real life. It is very fantastic and so much fun but I didn't know that many people from India were conservative. I am not conservative at all. I'm not sure that I am understanding all of this.

20. danieldemol

danieldemol Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,414
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    That is precisely why it is so valid to criticise certain Hadith, because even in a country like Indonesia where only 54% believe that Shariah is revealed by God and only 18% of the 72% who believe Shariah should be made the law of the land also believe the death penalty should be applied for apostates we see this;

Doesn't take much intelligence to picture what goes on in countries like Malaysia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan and Palestine where the percentages are much much higher does it?

• Like Like x 1