1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured The Hadith, source of Islamic atrocities.

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by SA Huguenot, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Mudramoksha

Mudramoksha Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Religion:
    Dzogchen Buddhism
    Then Brahman too goes bye bye. You know that I'm not talking about devas and deities.
    If you're truly an atheist then you've let go of Advaita and Adi Shankara forever and that's fine if you want to demote yourself from Advaita.
    I think Advaita Vedanta is crap myself, obviously you don't think much of it either to be an atheist.

2. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +7,856
    Religion:
    I am an advaitist Hindu pagan and a strong atheist.
    Ahmadiyyas and Bahais don't, because they do not have the power. Allah changed the direction of bowing (Qibla) after Mohammad came to power. :)

3. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,658
    Religion:
    diversity
    What happened to mutual respect? Why don't you respect the Ahmadiyyas?

4. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +7,856
    Religion:
    I have stated a fact, I have not disrespected Ahmadiyyas or Bahais. My views differ from Abrahamic views, they differ even with mail-line Hindu views, who also are just as God-fixated as the Abrahamics, only that they cater to many instead of one. I am a strong atheist.

I have studied Quran as well as Hadiths quite thoroughly and could reply to many issues raised here, but I am not in mood to go back to it.
    Yeah, I know it is no use discussing anything with you. But just let me state that 'advaita' or what existed when the universe began is a question of science.

"The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological description of the development of the Universe. Under this theory, space and time emerged together 13.8 billion years ago and the energy and matter initially present have become less dense as the Universe expanded."
    Universe - Wikipedia

#164 Aupmanyav, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  5. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,751
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    Traditionally certain groups kept information secret for their own reasons ... 1 reason is to keep the people ignorant so the group keeps control
    Honest people without a hidden agenda, are willing to share this type of information. Not sharing makes me wonder; nah it makes it even clear

• Like Like x 1
  6. danieldemol

danieldemol Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,406
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    If 1 in 10 people in your country wanted to kill you would you see it as fair? Or would you say they have to face criticism till they disappear? I say the latter.

7. Israel Khan

Israel Khan Active Member

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    Non Religious/ Loves Religions
    Notice that there are two sets of hadith, the Sunni version and the Shia version. You are discussing the Sunni version.

What I don't understand is how they find the context of the Hadiths since it consists of bits and pieces of information without much saying the context. Muslims have shown me hadith explaining a Quran verse and I often ask "where does the hadith say it is referring to that verse?"

8. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    Those are referring to Israelites under the law except for Proverbs and maybe Hosea, not Christians. The biblical God isn't a pacifist. He will destroy his creation if he has to. Christianity is more like a period of peace in which they act as "prophets", warning people about the coming destruction. Which is why it currently promotes peace.

It also makes sense that a creator would destroy a defective creation. Much like I would if I created a drawing in my image which looked rubbish.

9. Wasp

Wasp Active Member

Ratings:
    +217
    Hindu terrorism is definitely a thing.

10. oldbadger

oldbadger Skanky Old Mongrel!

Ratings:
    +4,415
    Religion:
    deist
    Well, you got that off your chest.

Now let's ask how Protestant Christians have murdered and stolen as much as they have

People in glass houses ............ ?

11. Wasp

Wasp Active Member

Ratings:
    +217
    Hadiths talk about it at times. The hadith that speaks of the meaning of a verse usually comes from Muhammad. And naturally when Muhammad was teaching the shahaba he didn't just randomly say whatever is written in the hadith. The hadith that you find is just the main part of what has been written down as the most relevant.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    Can you give an example please?

13. Wasp

Wasp Active Member

Ratings:
    +217
    Exactly about what?

These are Hadiths explaining verses:

"Aisha reported that these words of Allah: "When they came upon you from above you and from below you and when the eyes turned dull and the hearts rose up to the throats" (xxxiii. 10) pertain to the day of Ditch."

"Urwa b. Zubair reported that he asked 'Aisha about the words of Allah: "If you fear that you will not be able to maintain equity amongst the orphan girls, then marry (those) you like from amongst the women two, three or four." She said: O, the son of my sister, the orphan girl is one who is under the patronage of her guardian and she shares with him in his property and her property and beauty fascinate him and her guardian makes up his mind to marry her without giving her due share of the wedding money and is not prepared (to pay so much amount) which anyone else is prepared to pay and so Allah has forbidden to marry these girls but in case when equity is observed as regards the wedding money and they are prepared to pay them the full amount of the wedding money and Allah commanded to marry other women besides them according to the liking of their heart. 'Urwa reported that 'Aisha said that people began to seek verdict from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) after the revelation of this verse about them (orphan girls) and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, revealed this verse: "They asked thee verdict about women; say: Allah gives verdict to you in regard to them and what is recited to you in the Book about orphan woman, whom you give not what is ordained for them while you like to marry them" (iv. 126). She said: The wording of Allah "what is recited to you" in the Book means the first verse, i.e. "if you fear that you may not be able to observe equity in case of an orphan woman, marry what you like in case of woman" (iv. 3). 'Aisha said: (And as for this verse [iv. 126], i.e. and you intend "to marry one of them from amongst the orphan girls" it pertains to one who is in charge (of orphans) having small amount of wealth and less beauty and they have been forbidden that they should marry what they like of her wealth and beauty out of the orphan girls, but with equity, because of their disliking for them."

"Narrated by Tariq b. Shihab

Tariq b. Shihab reported that a Jew said to 'Umar: You recite a verse which, if it had been revealed in relation to us, we would have taken that day as the day of rejoicing. Thereupon 'Umar said: I know where it was revealed and on the day when it was revealed and where Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had been at that time when it was revealed. It was revealed on the day of 'Arafa (ninth of Dhu'l Hijjah) and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had been staying in 'Arafat. Sufyan said: I doubt, whether it was Friday or not (and the verse referred to) is this: "Today I have perfected your religion for you and completed My favours upon you"

Sahih Muslim | Book 43 | Hadith - IslamicEvents.SG

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    Cool. That makes sense.

15. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +7,856
    Religion:
    It will go away soon. It is the flush of victory after being put-down for over half a century by the anti-Hindu Congress government.The miscreants are dealt with according to law. The ruling party does not support it.
    "Narrated Aisha: I used to look down upon those ladies who had given themselves to Allah's Apostle and I used to say, "Can a lady give herself (to a man)?" But when Allah revealed: "You (O Muhammad) can postpone (the turn of) whom you will of them (your wives), and you may receive any of them whom you will; and there is no blame on you if you invite one whose turn you have set aside (temporarily).' (33.51) I said (to the Prophet), "I feel that your Lord hastens in fulfilling your wishes and desires."
    Sahih al-Bukhari Vol. 6, Book 60, Hadith 311

I can, but I am not much interested in such kind of debate. :)

#175 Aupmanyav, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  16. Neutral Name

Neutral Name Active Member

Ratings:
    +387
    Does that mean that Christians, Jews and Islamics have the same beliefs?

17. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +233
    Religion:
    Well, no they don't.

Jews have changed dramatically in beliefs and practices from old Testament Israel.

Christians believe in the law of the Christ which is written on the heart, therefore they don't have laws to implement. They believe that the judgement will come later during Armageddon. So if their religion isn't true then their belief has no real world consequences in terms of violence. Christianities views used to have real world consequences but they didn't get that from the New Testament.

Islam beliefs though have real world consequences as implementing Sharia is implementing a law, which is why many Islamic countries kill apostates and homosexuals.

Christianity and Islam as a whole have similar beliefs to Judaism, but not similar beliefs to each other.

18. Neutral Name

Ratings:
    +387
    Thank you, Shad. You are a good person, not giving way to hate.

19. Md Saifur Rahman

Md Saifur Rahman New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Religion:
    Islam
    Fighting for Allah or Islam that means Jihad doesn't means war or kill or harm to other religion etc. Do you know the proper meaning of Jihad??? You should learn quran well. Don't judge anything by your tinny knowledge. Learn quran fully then comment

• Like Like x 1
  20. Neutral Name

Ratings:
    +387
    Wow! I never knew that. I thought Hindus were loving.