1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured The Hadith, source of Islamic atrocities.

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by SA Huguenot, Jul 18, 2019.

1. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Religion:
    diversity
    "All montheistic religions have been violent"

No. If everyone who was monotheistic was violent, literally everyone would be fighting and killing each other in the streets.

You are stereotyping and demonizing. You are presuming that all Muslims would be violent in the same way that people might presume you are racist because of your avatar. Both presumptions are wrong.

Both are wrong.

If you had the power, you would not gather Abrahamics into concentration camps as a final solution even though you chose to label yourself with a symbol that was hijacked by Nazis.

You wouldn't do that because that's not who you are. It's not because you are a Hindu or an Atheist.

If I had the power, I would not become violent even-though I believe in the in the Abrahamic version of God and Islam, both of those have been hijacked by violent dominant people.

But that's not me. That's not my friends. We are not violent dominant people. The problem is, you won't believe me. And no matter is said; no matter what is done. You still won't believe us. You will always see us as terrorists hiding and waiting for our moment to strike. That is how you see us.

Putting everyone who has a specific label or symbol attached to their name into 1 group and assuming the worst of them is a bad habit.

#261 dybmh, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. danieldemol

danieldemol Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,413
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    Ok fair point, I apologise to @dybmh for encouraging him to watch the video when he didn't want to. I guess my point is that if you can't stand to see these things via proxy such as youtube, how are you going to deal with them when they come to you in real life because you failed to implement any policy to deal with people who believe such things at the borders?

3. danieldemol

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,413
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    No it means "It would be unwise to make assumptions", and I was on a learning curve, once I learnt the statistics I quoted them instead. I note you left out this quote
    Why did you leave that post out? Becuase it doesn't fit your narrative of me

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +7,871
    Religion:
    I am an advaitist Hindu pagan and a strong atheist.
    I accept your point. Just as I should not sterotype people, you may also not sterotype a majority of people in Abrahamic religions or even Hinduism as peaceful. They are hindered by laws and public opinion. In world-over and in India too, Christians and Muslims have killed people for not being of their own religion. If they have not done that, they have openly or clandestinely supported evangelism (which is a demographic war and increases religious conflicts) and terrorism. Middle-East support is a classic example.

I must admit that these days, Hindus too have engaged in this type of discrimination. There have been muggings and killings. But I think it is a temporary phenomenon. Hindus on the whole do not like this kind of thing. They have rejected parties in elections previously also for this reason. I suppose the present Modi government will bring a strong law against it, or otherwise, face the consequences in the next state or parliamentary elections. We are not pleased by religious discrimination. That has not been our history.

5. danieldemol

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,413
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    No problem, I can cater to people who prefer news articles, check out this one; https://www.smh.com.au/world/minori...d-convert-or-be-expelled-20160126-gmecm9.html

It states
    If you read the article you will find it is only getting worse

6. Neutral Name

Neutral Name Active Member

Ratings:
    +387
    It's all so sad to me. I always think of the Statue of Liberty.

7. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,221
    Religion:
    Theological noncognitivist
    Which is just a poem that never even matched reality when it was made.

8. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Religion:
    diversity
    Please do not compare what I am saying to what you are saying.

You said Muslims are murders. All Muslims.

It is stereotyping and demonizing.

9. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +7,871
    Religion:
    I am an advaitist Hindu pagan and a strong atheist.
    Yeah, the extremists will murder the person, the others will watch, and the police will ignore. It happens in the sub-continent, and recently among Hindus too. I am sad about that. The mugged and killed are Indian citizens too, even if Muslims. Some of them are involved in cow-slaughter in states where it is prohibited. The problem is that police will allow them to do that after being bribed. To explain what I have written:

The police allow transportation of cattle for slaughter after being bribed. The anti-cow-slaughter people (Hindus) will intercept the vehicle, mug or lunch the involved persons. The police will then sabotage the investigation (after taking bribes from the people who mugged or lynched). If you understand what I have written, the real culprits are the corrupt police, but that is what has been happening in India recently.

10. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,777
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    The thing is who is going to give the right interpretation of the Quran but God Himself?

No human can say exactly and precisely which are which. Some symbolical interpretations are mixed with literal ones.

Are scholars qualified? Who says they are qualified? Self appointed clergy are not infallible. Only a Prophet of God can know the true meaning of the Quran fully.

The Quran 7:50 points out that one day its interpretation will come. That is, the appearance of another Messenger of God will appear with its authentic translation and that has happened.

7: 50 And now have we brought them the Book: with knowledge have we explained it; a guidance and a mercy to them that believe. What have they to wait for now but its interpretation? When its interpretation13 shall come, they who aforetime were oblivious of it shall say, ‘The Prophets of our Lord did indeed bring the truth; (Rodwell)

And Baha’u’llah, the Promised One, has fulfilled that promise.

No ordinary human or scholar is capable of unravelling the intricacies of the Quran. Over 1400 years of disunity and divisions with Islam prove very clearly that point.