• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The H☿D Thread: Discussion about the Luciferian / Mercuræn Order

Dark Priest

I'm not sure it's a new Order

But you stated that the TOS was, in your opinion, "the finest Western Left Hand Path organization to date." My question is why did you choose to start a new order if there already existed one that you hold in such high esteem?

Warm regards,

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
In the most simplistic terms possible:H
You get to own your own universe and become its God

This happens to nearly anyone that takes the right entheogens long enough so where this has any more than a subjective entertainment value is questionable. It's interesting, and maybe paradigm shifting but to walk around like that all day would be annoying for me and anyone standing next to me. Narcissism is a personality defect and a delusion, not something to aspire to. :p

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
This happens to nearly anyone that takes the right entheogens long enough so where this has any more than a subjective entertainment value is questionable. It's interesting, and maybe paradigm shifting but to walk around like that all day would be annoying for me and anyone standing next to me. Narcissism is a personality defect and a delusion, not something to aspire to. :p

I find it interesting what posts you choose to respond to. I've noticed it's never criticisms of you.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
But you stated that the TOS was, in your opinion, "the finest Western Left Hand Path organization to date." My question is why did you choose to start a new order if there already existed one that you hold in such high esteem?
This is a different approach and a different Order, we are both still WLHP's however. That's like asking why someone would also put pineapple in a fruit bowl.

This happens to nearly anyone that takes the right entheogens long enough so where this has any more than a subjective entertainment value is questionable.
I'm sure this sentence makes sense to someone in the galaxy.

It's interesting, and maybe paradigm shifting but to walk around like that all day would be annoying for me and anyone standing next to me. Narcissism is a personality defect and a delusion, not something to aspire to. :p
It's rare and fleeting to experience Mercurius Consciousness, so that won't be a problem to most adherents. Where have I mentioned narcissism?

nar·cis·sism
ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
noun: narcissism
excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.

We are not as interested in our self as we are in our Self.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Greetings Etu,

I assume this response was to my question as to your definition and benefits of Apotheosis. Can you explain what it means, specifically, to "own your own universe and becomes its God?" It sounds like your definition of "Apotheosis" is nothing more than metaphysical idealism and solipsism. If that's the case, why the need to pursue that which every mind is already engaged in (being the God of its own universe)? If that's not the case, can you please provide more clarity and specificity?

Warm regards,
Ughh . . . now you want the complex answer? o_O

Very well . . .
In my personal Path and the philosophy behind the Herald of the Dawn, which is the alchemical path of Mercury through Lucifer, Autotheism plays a huge part and truly defines the western left hand path or as Jeremy Crow refers to as, the Complete Path. The crux of Autotheism is that each of us interpret the world and existence dependent upon one's beliefs and these beliefs profoundly effect one's reality as a whole. Belief can be understood as the acceptance of one conviction over another which modifies one's worldview and interpretation. This in turn effects our emotions, attitude, actions and our deliberations.

The definition of Autotheism is the recognition of one's own authority and the philosophically achieved realization that no one is higher than the self. To which I would amend the word self with Self, differentiating between this self and one's higher Self. This is not to be confused with Solipsism, as the Autotheist recognizes the minds of others. We project our own consciousness onto everyone and everything around us and this projection becomes our relationship with parts of ourselves. Although it is difficult to see past our own projections, the Autotheist recognizes that others are doing the same.

At the most mystical level, it is the development of the understanding that we are our own God and always have been. That we are the creators of our own Subjective Universe. That we alone are responsible for our own subjective reality and that reality is exemplified by the Ancient Greek aphorism Gnōthi Seauton "know thyself" . . . Know Thy Self!

Autotheism does not lead to a self-depreciating sense of selflessness or the placement of one self over another. It leads to the realization of equality and harmony (Primacy of Darkness), and the Freedom to whomever one feels driven to be. This is, or rather should be, the true meaning behind Free Will . . . Freedom from the Will of Another!

Dark Priest

This is a different approach and a different Order, we are both still WLHP's however. That's like asking why someone would also put pineapple in a fruit bowl.

Good morning Etu,

I am perplexed with your (apparent) inability to give clear answers, written in a language conducive to a general audience. Considering that you created a thread with the explicit intent of promoting your order and to answer questions about it, I find it odd that you would provide such a non-answer to an important question.

No, it's not like asking why someone would put pineapple in a fruit bowl. There is no comparison between the complexity of discussion of metaphysical philosophy with the addition of pineapple to a fruit bowl.

Instead of brushing me off with silly metaphor, I would have expected that you give a clear answer as to why you felt the need to create the new order. Keep in mind that you began this thread in order to solicit questions about your order. Why would you not take the questions seriously and answer them seriously? I am being respectful to you and maintaining decorum.

Perhaps you could have answered giving some idea as to the different approach the H☿D takes, citing specific differences in theory and praxis. Instead, you provide a rather silly comparison with a fruit bowl.

Why start a thread soliticing inquiry and then not provide clear answers to those questions?

Warm regards,

Dark Priest

No, I've consistently only asked for clear and simple answers. You would bear the responsibility of clear communication since you started the thread soliciting inquiry and since you are the person supplying the answers. Why would you be frustrated by the request for clear language and simple answers?

Warm regards,

Dark Priest

Where have I mentioned narcissism?

You never explictly mentioned "narcissism," but I think Mindmaster's comment was due to your definition of "Apotheosis" sounding a lot like a form of narcissitic solipsism (basically, how we all pretty much experience and interact with "reality" on a daily basis).

What is happening here is that you employ a type of literary device wrought with non-specificity which leaves more questions than answers at best and at worse provides secular definitions of already known phenomenon. A curious choice, since you started a thread soliciting inquiry.

For example, you said:

The crux of Autotheism is that each of us interpret the world and existence dependent upon one's beliefs and these beliefs profoundly effect one's reality as a whole.

That is not the crux of Autotheism. That is the crux of what is known in cognitive science as a human's perceptual framework--that unique way in which that individual perceives and interacts with the world based on their unique psychological and sociological constructs. I find nothing unique in your description of "apotheosis" or "autotheism" which has not been addressed already by cognitive science and a first year philosophy course.

Perhaps you can provide a more specific and H☿D-centric definition of these terms which illustrate their unique nature. Additionally, since you are requesting inquiry, can you provide some examples of the benefits of achieving H☿D Apotheosis in everyday life?

Warm regards,

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Good morning Etu,

I am perplexed with your (apparent) inability to give clear answers, written in a language conducive to a general audience. Considering that you created a thread with the explicit intent of promoting your order and to answer questions about it, I find it odd that you would provide such a non-answer to an important question.

No, it's not like asking why someone would put pineapple in a fruit bowl. There is no comparison between the complexity of discussion of metaphysical philosophy with the addition of pineapple to a fruit bowl.

Instead of brushing me off with silly metaphor, I would have expected that you give a clear answer as to why you felt the need to create the new order. Keep in mind that you began this thread in order to solicit questions about your order. Why would you not take the questions seriously and answer them seriously? I am being respectful to you and maintaining decorum.

Perhaps you could have answered giving some idea as to the different approach the H☿D takes, citing specific differences in theory and praxis. Instead, you provide a rather silly comparison with a fruit bowl.

Why start a thread soliticing inquiry and then not provide clear answers to those questions?

Warm regards,
I prefer not to compare this Order with the Temple of Set, is that clear enough?
If you believe I have not given clear concise replies to the majority of these inquiries then you are not paying attention

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Perhaps you can provide a more specific and H☿D-centric definition of these terms which illustrate their unique nature. Additionally, since you are requesting inquiry, can you provide some examples of the benefits of achieving H☿D Apotheosis in everyday life?
The Herald of the Dawn (H☿D) is a unique Luciferian Order.
Our ultimate focus is on developing what we refer to as Mercurius Consciousness.
Mercurius Consciousness is achieved through Internal Alchemy, a discourse with One’s personal Dæmon and learning to bring One’s Higher Self into One’s everyday existence. Most of the work involved has to do with various self-disciplines (meditation, yoga, martial arts etc.), expression through the Arts and the mastery of Majiq and Ritual as H☿D understands them.

We recognize our own authority and a philosophically achieved realization that no one is higher than the Self/Ego. Deities are manifestations of the carnal brain, a function of self that is projected outwards from an internal manifestation. In Jungian terminology they are archetypal structures embedded deeply within our unconsciousness, they are brought to consciousness and used through Symbology.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

Very well . . .
In my personal Path and the philosophy behind the Herald of the Dawn, which is the alchemical path of Mercury through Lucifer, Autotheism plays a huge part and truly defines the western left hand path or as Jeremy Crow refers to as, the Complete Path. The crux of Autotheism is that each of us interpret the world and existence dependent upon one's beliefs and these beliefs profoundly effect one's reality as a whole. Belief can be understood as the acceptance of one conviction over another which modifies one's worldview and interpretation. This in turn effects our emotions, attitude, actions and our deliberations.

The definition of Autotheism is the recognition of one's own authority and the philosophically achieved realization that no one is higher than the self. To which I would amend the word self with Self, differentiating between this self and one's higher Self. This is not to be confused with Solipsism, as the Autotheist recognizes the minds of others. We project our own consciousness onto everyone and everything around us and this projection becomes our relationship with parts of ourselves. Although it is difficult to see past our own projections, the Autotheist recognizes that others are doing the same.

At the most mystical level, it is the development of the understanding that we are our own God and always have been. That we are the creators of our own Subjective Universe. That we alone are responsible for our own subjective reality and that reality is exemplified by the Ancient Greek aphorism Gnōthi Seauton "know thyself" . . . Know Thy Self!

Autotheism does not lead to a self-depreciating sense of selflessness or the placement of one self over another. It leads to the realization of equality and harmony (Primacy of Darkness), and the Freedom to whomever one feels driven to be. This is, or rather should be, the true meaning behind Free Will . . . Freedom from the Will of Another!

This seems pretty clear and simple to understand to me Etu Malku. :smilecat: If one cannot make sense of the above post, their skull may be too thick.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

I can't help but see many similarities in the work of the Herald of the Dawn and the Setian Path and Quest of Coming Into Being (Xeper). We each have our own individual hidden Truth; the path and quest of Xeper is to uncover and to ultimately become the very embodiment and most complete, absolute manifestation of that Truth of Being. Knowing the Self, Becoming the Self (Higher Self) is a process of spiritual evolution i.e. Initiation.

"Xeper is the experience of an individual psyche/self becoming aware of its own existence and deciding to expand and evolve that existence through its own actions." It is a dynamic spiritual transformation in one's life in which the horizons of the potentiality of one's own being expands. It is the establishment of a new higher mode or state of existence. The Work of Xeper, like in Alchemy, is the transformation of the self or psyche from a lower state or base element into that of a higher State or divine Element.

Gnothi Seauton and Xeper.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Some rather boring and mundane questions that are nagging in my mind:

Approximately when was this Order founded, and by whom?
Who keeps things organized, or how is the organization managed?
Is there an official website? Other publications created directly by members for members?
Does the organization have legal non-profit status yet?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Gnothi Seauton and Xeper, essential Elements in making "Gold". :smilecat:
You also need the right tools, like a "forge." One of my ongoing projects is called Project Hephæstus' Forge, which focuses on forging useful tools out of otherwise negative emotions.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

Luciferian Pentagram

alchemy_by_nehpetsdnalb-d59r54f.jpg

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Thoth of the Day:

As a Mystai of the Dawn you juggle the powers of Awe & Love. The outside will come to see you in great wonder, to revere you and in many ways to fear you, for you will generate apathy and contempt among these common men. Instead of turning a cheek the Mystai remembers Hir Luciferian self and finds Philanthrōpos (Greek from phil- "loving" + anthropos "mankind").