• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The H☿D Thread: Discussion about the Luciferian / Mercuræn Order

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
LCF- Lucifer
If I understood you well, LuCiFer is connected to Mercury. Any comments?

"Mercury and Lucifer are one and the same. One talks about Mercury when he is pure, it is the white sulphur, the fire in heaven. As ‘spiritus’ he gives life. As ‘spiritus sapiens’ he teaches the alchemist the Great Work. Lucifer is the impure Mercury. Lucifer is the morning star fallen from (the golden) heaven. He descended into the earth and is now present in all humans. Lucifer is Mercury mixed with impure elements. He dissolved ‘in sulfur and salt’, ‘is wrapped with strings’, ‘darkened with black mud’. Keep in mind we are always talking about our consciousness. Lucifer represents our everyday consciousness, all the (psychological and other) complexes have clouded our pure consciousness, Mercury."

"The light of Mercury that appears to us as Lucifer, because of the distortion caused by the impurities, gives the impression of what the alchemists called ‘red sulfur’. The red sulfur of Lucifer, as traditional devil, is actually an illusion. It does not exist by itself because it is only an image, a distorted image of Mercury. We ourselves caused the impurities, the blackness that veils our true light being."

- from the Book of Mercury (H☿D texts)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
There is also a third spiritual aspect in Egyptian mythology called the "Akh" which seems to be the essence of being that is beyond natural life and death. Perhaps an essential energizing force of the spirit? Or the Truth of one's Being Come Into Being? I need to research it more. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
1451382_10152343122886807_647678163_n.jpg

The Ka, the Ba and the Akh are foundations for the study and ritual work found in one of our Cells (a specialized group) which focuses on Transformation and Energy.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I always thought of the ToS as a sort of University in the studies of the Black Arts. Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue was a ToS member back in the early 1980's, notice they used the Pentagram of Set as their logo.

Michael Aquino basically says Nikki Sixx is currently a fake one. (In the Temple of Set e-book) Like the fake Paul McCartney... Faul haha... I have some doubts to this. Mostly, that ToS really has never been popular like this... There were tons of celebs hanging with LaVey however...

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Michael Aquino basically says Nikki Sixx is currently a fake one. (In the Temple of Set e-book) Like the fake Paul McCartney... Faul haha... I have some doubts to this. Mostly, that ToS really has never been popular like this... There were tons of celebs hanging with LaVey however...
Being an ex-member of the ToS I can assure you that a plethora of celebrities, artists (from all the Arts) and more importantly academics and scholars are Setians. The Temple of Set is IMO the finest Western Left Hand Path organization to date.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Being an ex-member of the ToS I can assure you that a plethora of celebrities, artists (from all the Arts) and more importantly academics and scholars are Setians. The Temple of Set is IMO the finest Western Left Hand Path organization to date.

I can also attest to this. I have known Setians with doctorates, B.A. degrees in all sorts of fields from history, psychology, and medicine/dentistry to music and clothing design, architecture, and other arts.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member

So wait, you are saying Nikki Sixx is the real one or the fake one? :) Which Sixx was a ToS member? This, and Adra's comment completely evaded the question! To me, this is a level of bullcrap that could possibly completely crap-can the entirety of Setian ideas and you pass it like it is some minor point. This is right up there with the reptilians for me... Complete crazy-town! We're five minutes from red-strings and Zohar!

Staying on topic...

It seems there is a great deal of dogma attached to these ideas which is rather unknowable or not provable. (How is this LHP?)

What is the use of these systems other than to overly complicate some really easy to understand concepts and make them spooky-ookey?

What does your order do that every other order doesn't already do better?

I feel most groups of this vein are barking up a wrong tree or getting to myopic with a certain particular set of symbols they fancy, and lose touch with the important pieces of the LHP pie.... How is yours different from the rest? Which are at best failed attempts to repeat what someone else has already done, but they changed the curtains and now it's a "new house" or something.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
So wait, you are saying Nikki Sixx is the real one or the fake one? :) Which Sixx was a ToS member? This, and Adra's comment completely evaded the question! To me, this is a level of bullcrap that could possibly completely crap-can the entirety of Setian ideas and you pass it like it is some minor point. This is right up there with the reptilians for me... Complete crazy-town! We're five minutes from red-strings and Zohar!
I'm not following you . . . my statement didn't mention Sixx, as mentioning members of the ToS in public was a lesson hard learned for me and cost me greatly. Privacy is of the importance.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
In all honesty I could really care less if Nikki Sixx was a member of any occult group. Let's try now to stay on the topic of the OP. Peace! :smilecat:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
It seems there is a great deal of dogma attached to these ideas which is rather unknowable or not provable. (How is this LHP?)
Which ideas in particular? How is Apotheosis / Autotheism NOT Western Left Hand Path ideology?
What is your understanding of LHP?

What is the use of these systems other than to overly complicate some really easy to understand concepts and make them spooky-ookey?
I don't get the 'spooky' thing . . . explain?
The use of the system / process / initiation is to achieve Mercurius Consciousness, I'm sure I made that clear.
There is nothing simple about these concepts . . . practicing them is not an easy task and getting results is even more complex.

What does your order do that every other order doesn't already do better?
Give me a list of Orders which set out to bring the GodSelf / Higher Self into one's everyday, mundane existence.
Do they do it through Spiritual Alchemy? Through Ritual? Through Psychological Transition?

I feel most groups of this vein are barking up a wrong tree or getting to myopic with a certain particular set of symbols they fancy, and lose touch with the important pieces of the LHP pie.... How is yours different from the rest? Which are at best failed attempts to repeat what someone else has already done, but they changed the curtains and now it's a "new house" or something.
Again, define LHP so that I understand where you're coming from
According to your view there are no LHP organizations that are successful, that you do not believe it is possible to achieve the goals set by these LHP organizations.

So my questions to you are:
1) Why are you in a Left Hand Path Religions DIR?
2) Are you aware of how a DIR works?
3) Do you understand what LHP means?
4) Do you understand what Western Left Hand Path means?
5) Do you understand the tenets I have put forth here concerning H☿D?

Dark Priest

Which ideas in particular? How is Apotheosis / Autotheism NOT Western Left Hand Path ideology?

Greetings Hierophant Etu!

Can you please comment on how "Apotheosis" is defined within H☿D philosophy?

The Primacy of Darkness mandates that duality is illusion of objective reality, the Dance of Maya, and that both question and subsequent answer are of equal value and unique unto themselves . . . not duality. This Principle does not support duality, it does not see white as the opposite of black, nor are they polar extremes of the same thing as conceived in Hermeticism.

I love H☿D's position on non-duality. I am curious as to your take on the praxis of Apotheosis from within this perspective of non-duality. Specifically, does H☿D consider Apotheosis only realized once mercury consciousness has been achieved, or is there practical application while we are still muddied within the "sulfur & salt" of our Lucifer experience? Traditionally, Apotheosis has been reserved for the dead, a status granted posthumously. Does H☿D account for Apotheosis while one is still alive? Can one "become a living god" as some in the occult community suggest?

Warm regards,

Mindmaster

Premium Member
What is your understanding of LHP?

Largely, my understanding is irrelevant - I was asking about yours. I feel that you are deriving a lot from the corpse (or corpus) of Western Hermetics, but just tacking on the apotheosis bits. (Which are actually incompatible with such ideas) Thus, I am confused by the integration of Kabbalah by someone who doesn't believe in the basic reasons that system exists. There is no difference between the Thelema concept of The Great Work (or more accurately, Abramelin's) and exactly what you have described as Mercurial Consciousness. That was what was prompting the rest of my queries -- the Nikki Sixx bit was a joke. I thought it was obviously sarcastic or whatever, but whatever.. :p

I guess to me Autotheism/Apotheosis is wishful thinking and hubris at best. How do you know you are there and just not completely full of crap? I just presume the latter as soon as anyone starts talking about this.

I've seen buzzword soup, holy books, silly titles, and whatever other nonsense and yea so I asked you about that stuff. You didn't answer you diverged. Enjoy your new cult. Cults are not LHP.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Tonight I am going to celebrate and practice my musical, Magickal creationism on both my piano and guitar. Some of my creations will be entirely of my own, but there will be other creations influenced by the music of other musicians I admire and that inspire me.

Hail, Set!
And Happy New Year!

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Largely, my understanding is irrelevant - I was asking about yours. I feel that you are deriving a lot from the corpse (or corpus) of Western Hermetics, but just tacking on the apotheosis bits. (Which are actually incompatible with such ideas)
Dogma has no relevance to WLHP. This Path is generally about experiencing one's Higher Self and bringing that into one's life.

Thus, I am confused by the integration of Kabbalah by someone who doesn't believe in the basic reasons that system exists. There is no difference between the Thelema concept of The Great Work (or more accurately, Abramelin's) and exactly what you have described as Mercurial Consciousness.
We use the Tree of Daath / Qliphoth, there is no use for the Tree of Life for us. Your understanding of Thelema is weak, for the ultimate goal of the Thelemite is to cross the Abyss (Become a Babe of the Abyss) and absolve into God . . . Thelema is a RHP that uses esoteric practices. Mercurius Consciousness is the experience of Higher Self. The two are not the same.

How do you know you are there and just not completely full of crap?
Please see my next post for clarification on this.

I've seen buzzword soup, holy books, silly titles, and whatever other nonsense and yea so I asked you about that stuff. You didn't answer you diverged. Enjoy your new cult. Cults are not LHP.
I've clearly answered all of your questions, where have I 'diverged' exactly?
No one is asking you to believe, to join, or to even entertain these ideas. The fact that you have this anger towards things you obviously don't understand and/or feel threatened by speaks volumes about your character.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Mercurius Consciousness is experienced when one becomes consciously aware of the separation of God / Self from one's lower, animal self. This lower self is what people attach to and fear most losing upon physical death.Mechanisms / Disciplines that enable reflective but not reactionary thinking can be employed to achieve Mercurius Consciousness. Our authentic Self (Greek Psyche) is brought into our conscious awareness and the Mystai sees the World of Horrors (Objective Universe) through hir God-Eyes. In other words our unnatural Self experiences our natural self in the form of pleasures and pains, time and space, mechanisms and processes, etc., and we through our conscious awareness of higher Self experience the subjective universe we have been Creating. Mercurius Consciousness is achieved when one can harness this experience on a daily basis, generally bringing the Higher Self into one's existence on a consistent basis.

IAMTHATIAMNOT
Etu Malku V° HH☿D

Dark Priest

Mercurius Consciousness is experienced when one becomes consciously aware of the separation of God / Self from one's lower, animal self.

Hello Etu,

How does the above statement reconcile with the H☿D´s position on non-duality? Previously in this thread, you said that duality was a false illusion. How does becoming "consciously aware of the separation of God / Self from one's lower, animal self" reflect a non-dualist philosophy? It seems contradictory.

Warm regards,