• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The H☿D Thread: Discussion about the Luciferian / Mercuræn Order

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Hello Etu,

How does the above statement reconcile with the H☿D´s position on non-duality? Previously in this thread, you said that duality was a false illusion. How does becoming "consciously aware of the separation of God / Self from one's lower, animal self" reflect a non-dualist philosophy? It seems contradictory.

Warm regards,
Hi Dark Priest,
The objective universe is the realm of causal principles, we tend to categorize them into opposites / duality. Hot - Cold, Good - Evil etc. This has been known as the Dance of Maya in the East and reflects Man's confusion as to everything's ideal state. The Primacy of Darkness is a concept embraced from the Fraternitas Saturni, which can be explained in the example that darkness is not the opposite of light, nor the absence of light. Darkness precedes Light, it provides the womb in which Light manifests, without Darkness there can be no Light. When this ideal is applied to other 'assumed polarities' duality is obliterated and we begin to experience the Singularity of which our Higher Self exists as.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Hello Etu,

How does the above statement reconcile with the H☿D´s position on non-duality? Previously in this thread, you said that duality was a false illusion. How does becoming "consciously aware of the separation of God / Self from one's lower, animal self" reflect a non-dualist philosophy? It seems contradictory.

Warm regards,
Non-dual does not constitute unity, nor does separation constitute duality. (Non-duality as unity and separation as duality is actually a dualistic paradigm.)

Dark Priest

Greetings Etu,

So that we may avoid sophistry, can you, in plain English, express what is the value proposition of H☿D? What benefits can a member of your order expect? If possible, please avoid using your order's specific nomenclature as that language does not assist understanding for those not privy to the same. Can you please state, in simple language, the benefits of joining your order. What are the here and now benefits?

Also, again in simple language, can you give your definition of Apotheosis? And can you please list the objective, measurable results of achieving Apotheosis for the lives of those who would achieve it?

Warm regards,

Last edited:

Dark Priest

Non-dual does not constitute unity, nor does separation constitute duality. (Non-duality as unity and separation as duality is actually a dualistic paradigm.)

Greetings crossfire,

I think these types of discussions precisely illustrate the need for "Ordinary Language Philosophy." It's rather easy, in metaphysical discussion, to fall into the trap of sophistry due to our lexical and grammatical choices. The complexity of the lexical reservoir and grammatical structures of the English language (ironically) allows for imprecise communication at best and at worse, allows for "spin."

So, in plain language, can you explain to me how "Non-dual does not constitute unity, nor does separation constitute duality?"

Warm regards,

crossfire

Premium Member
If you don't mind hearing feedback from a member of H☿D, (albeit one of the more odd-ball members, as I am Buddhist) I can give you my perspective. If not, you can ignore it. :)
Greetings Etu,

So that we may avoid sophistry, can you, in plain English, express what is the value proposition of H☿D? What benefits can a member of your order expect? If possible, please avoid using your order's specific nomenclature as that language does not assist understanding for those not privy to the same. Can you please state, in simple language, the benefits of joining your order. What are the here and now benefits?
In my experience as a mystai, the benefits you reap from membership are proportional to the effort you put into it. While you can certainly benefit from studying the material and incorporating it into your private practice, the value of having a shared language and set of conceptual paradigms by which to communicate between members coming from different backgrounds accelerates your progress--you can benefit from the inspirations, successes and the mistakes from others in a context that you can understand which may be helpful in interpreting the results from your own practice. You still have to do the work yourself, but the benefits of working with others accellerates understanding and mastery, imo.

Also, again in simple language, can you give your definition of Apotheosis? Also, can you please list the objective, measurable results of achieving Apotheosis for the lives of those who would achieve it?

Warm regards,
My perspective of apotheosis is a process by which you examine the psychological hang-ups that are holding your back from being all that you can be, take steps to resolve them, and integrate them into your being instead of repressing them. With the repressed psychological hang ups resolved, you are no longer standing in your own way--things that were once difficult to face are now approached and accomplished with relative ease. You gain more mastery over yourself, as well as gaining more skill when dealing with objective material matters.

Dark Priest

Thank you for your response crossfire.

In my experience as a mystai, the benefits you reap from membership are proportional to the effort you put into it. While you can certainly benefit from studying the material and incorporating it into your private practice, the value of having a shared language and set of conceptual paradigms by which to communicate between members coming from different backgrounds accelerates your progress--you can benefit from the inspirations, successes and the mistakes from others in a context that you can understand which may be helpful in interpreting the results from your own practice. You still have to do the work yourself, but the benefits of working with others accellerates understanding and mastery, imo.

The above doesn't actually mention what the benefits of joining the order are. You speak of the benefits being proportional to the effort put in, and that's understandable, but you never mention any actual benefits. Could you?

Warm regards,

crossfire

Premium Member
Greetings crossfire,

I think these types of discussions precisely illustrate the need for "Ordinary Language Philosophy." It's rather easy, in metaphysical discussion, to fall into the trap of sophistry due to our lexical and grammatical choices. The complexity of the lexical reservoir and grammatical structures of the English language (ironically) allows for imprecise communication at best and at worse, allows for "spin."

So, in plain language, can you explain to me how "Non-dual does not constitute unity, nor does separation constitute duality?"

Warm regards,
Duality as a false illusion stems from a perception bias based upon like and dislike. You glorify what you like and you repress what you don't like in a personal psychological sense. You create your own repressed shadow and project a false persona. You are lying to yourself, and attempting to cover up that prejudiced lie. This psychological duality then distorts how you perceive reality--your confirmation biases and denial biases gives you a false illusion of what is really there.

The first step to non-dual is to recognize the illusion produced by these like-dislike biases/prejudices, and stop being prejudiced so you can see things as they actually are, without distortion.

crossfire

Premium Member
Thank you for your response crossfire.

The above doesn't actually mention what the benefits of joining the order are. You speak of the benefits being proportional to the effort put in, and that's understandable, but you never mention any actual benefits. Could you?

Warm regards,
Yes, your progress is accelerated by having a pool of different perspectives in a commonly understood language/paradigm you can contribute to as well as draw from, without which, you would otherwise have to discover, recognize, understand, and find a way to incorporate into your practice by yourself.

Dark Priest

Yes, your progress is accelerated by having a pool of different perspectives in a commonly understood language/paradigm you can contribute to as well as draw from, without which, you would otherwise have to discover, recognize, understand, and find a way to incorporate

Thank you. Could you please, explicitly, state the benefits of membership? What are the tangible results that are realized through the praxis of The Herald of the Dawn's metaphysical theory?

Warm regards,

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Staying on topic...

It seems there is a great deal of dogma attached to these ideas which is rather unknowable or not provable. (How is this LHP?)

Most things are unknowable, and it is a very LHP trait to accept this. Both the religious and scientific sides of philosophy believe that there is tons of stuff we can know with certainty, when the truth is faith is required pretty much anywhere. As the old thought experiment goes, can you even prove you're more than a brain in a vat?

What is the use of these systems other than to overly complicate some really easy to understand concepts and make them spooky-ookey?

Well first of all, I'm not sure what you're referring to as "easy to understand". The ideas that occultism present, especially the left hand path, are extremely complex in numerous ways. Take the above example of knowledge, which many will militantly fight against. Just from the perspective of psychology the ideas are extremely complicated. Further, the way that we understand the world around us is of massive importance. For some people, that "spooky" (though I don't see anything spooky about this" symbolism is extremely powerful, which is of central importance. If symbol X is more powerful than symbol Y, symbol X will should be used. How can you claim to be an occultist and not understand this?

I feel most groups of this vein are barking up a wrong tree or getting to myopic with a certain particular set of symbols they fancy, and lose touch with the important pieces of the LHP pie.... .

Uh, that is one of the central pieces of the lhp pie. The lhp magician does what works for them, irrelevant of socio-cultural limitations.

Largely, my understanding is irrelevant - I was asking about yours. I feel that you are deriving a lot from the corpse (or corpus) of Western Hermetics, but just tacking on the apotheosis bits. (Which are actually incompatible with such ideas) Thus, I am confused by the integration of Kabbalah by someone who doesn't believe in the basic reasons that system exists. There is no difference between the Thelema concept of The Great Work (or more accurately, Abramelin's) and exactly what you have described as Mercurial Consciousness. That was what was prompting the rest of my queries -- the Nikki Sixx bit was a joke. I thought it was obviously sarcastic or whatever, but whatever.. :p

It's rather silly to think that Western Hermetics is nothing but a corpse, it still carries a ton of weight in the western esoteric tradition and will for decades. Why does there need to be a difference between Crowley's Great Work and Mercucian Consciousness, or any other such thing? They all try to describe the same complex idea, and each will be more beneficial than the other in the proper context.

I guess to me Autotheism/Apotheosis is wishful thinking and hubris at best. How do you know you are there and just not completely full of crap? I just presume the latter as soon as anyone starts talking about this.

You can know through scientific measurements. My personality tests yielded far different results before and after magic, the way I acted and thought changed in measurable ways, how I handled situations evolved, and so on. It's quite easy to tell if you are making actual progress, it's even easy to get external, objective feedback from people who are around you, even therapy perhaps. It's pretty closed minded and arrogant to simply assume someone interested in apotheosis is
full of crap. This is a schema in psychology, a little shortcut our brains take to function quickly and easily. Part of the lhp practice, this apotheosis, is to understand these schemas and control them, no quick and easy way for us. As I have said elsewhere, the RHP comes in many forms beside religion, and I like the comparison to the tale of Horus and Set. Horus is that order that permeates everything, from outer religion to your inner schemas, and Set is the isolate consciousness over coming that. And you think symbolism is pure aesthetics...

I've seen buzzword soup, holy books, silly titles, and whatever other nonsense and yea so I asked you about that stuff. You didn't answer you diverged. Enjoy your new cult. Cults are not LHP.

I've clearly answered all of your questions, where have I 'diverged' exactly?
No one is asking you to believe, to join, or to even sthese ideas. The fact that you have this anger towards things you obviously don't understand and/or feel threatened by speaks volumes about your character.

This is the problem with armchair occultism. The simple reading and such of occult theory does very little, you have to get out there and experience. One of the most common things I see is people try to spread their wings, fall, and give up, assuming that magic is all belief and nonsense. @Mindmaster , I find it curious that you laugh at us for believing in traditions that have evolved for years, and basing our beliefs on the scientific study of magic, while telling us occultism to you is accomplishing mundane goals with the help of your imaginary friends.

crossfire

Premium Member
Thank you. Could you please, explicitly, state the benefits of membership? What are the tangible results that are realized through the praxis of The Herald of the Dawn's metaphysical theory?

Warm regards,
I just did. My benefits have been accelerated progress within my personal practice.
As for metaphysical theory--I don't have much use for models that will have to be discarded once you outgrow them. Metaphysical ideas might serve as a source of inspiration, but holding onto them isn't really useful in my individual practice. Your mileage may vary.

Dark Priest

I just did. My benefits have been accelerated progress within my personal practice.
As for metaphysical theory--I don't have much use for models that will have to be discarded once you outgrow them. Metaphysical ideas might serve as a source of inspiration, but holding onto them isn't really useful in my individual practice. Your mileage may vary.

Thank you, but you still have not explicitly stated the benefits. You mention that you have "accelerated progress within my personal practice." What does that mean? What specifically are the observable and measurable results that one could expect by joining the Herald of The Dawn?

For example, if I go the gym, I will get stronger, have better muscle tone, improved cardio, stronger joints etc.

Are you able to express what the Order claims as its value proposition?

crossfire

Premium Member
Thank you, but you still have not explicitly stated the benefits. You mention that you have "accelerated progress within my personal practice." What does that mean? What specifically are the observable and measurable results that one could expect by joining the Herald of The Dawn?

For example, if I go the gym, I will get stronger, have better muscle tone, improved cardio, stronger joints etc.

Without being too specific, (I am a rather private person) I have recognized things I have previously overlooked within my psyche, and have been able to resolve and consciously incorporate these back into my practice, which as in turn, enabled me to notice more subtle functions within my psyche and work with them.

Having to express myself in understandable terms to others in the group also helps to bring these things out of the murky unconscious mind and into the conscious mind so I can more easily work on them.

crossfire

Premium Member
I'm not sure this term really fits, as H☿D is not a product or a service. It is a fraternal (for lack of a better word) order.

Dark Priest

The Temple of Set is IMO the finest Western Left Hand Path organization to date.

Greetings Etu,

Having such a high opinion of the Temple of Set, why did you start a new order? Do you aspire to create a "better" order? Why did you feel the need to create something new?

Warm regards,

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
In the most simplistic terms possible:
You get to own your own universe and become its God

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

Also, Magick can at times be tricky business, and is why working with the principle of Ma'at in her aspect of Balance is essential to the Initiatory path of the Higher Self. Meaning maintaining a balance of one foot in the subjective universe and the other in the objective universe. Another benefit of working with a group of other like minded individuals is that we can look out for one another, making sure we all remain balanced and grounded, and not go off the deep end psychologically, which can happen.

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
Also, Magick can at times be tricky business, and is why I believe working with the principle of Ma'at in her aspect of Balance is essential to the Initiatory path of the Higher Self. Meaning maintaining a balance of one foot in the subjective universe and the other in the objective universe. Another benefit of working with other like minded individuals is that we can look out for one another, making sure we all remain balanced and grounded, and not go off the deep end psychologically, which can happen.
True.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Greetings Etu,

Having such a high opinion of the Temple of Set, why did you start a new order? Do you aspire to create a "better" order? Why did you feel the need to create something new?

Warm regards,
I'm not sure it's a new Order
A "better" Order?
When asked if he accepts the title bestowed on him as the Best Blues Guitarist alive, Buddy Guy replied that there is no "best", you simply Become one of the best.

Dark Priest

In the most simplistic terms possible:
You get to own your own universe and become its God

Greetings Etu,

I assume this response was to my question as to your definition and benefits of Apotheosis. Can you explain what it means, specifically, to "own your own universe and becomes its God?" It sounds like your definition of "Apotheosis" is nothing more than metaphysical idealism and solipsism. If that's the case, why the need to pursue that which every mind is already engaged in (being the God of its own universe)? If that's not the case, can you please provide more clarity and specificity?

Warm regards,