• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis-Wheel-Promo-1-1024x683.jpg

Hello my friends,

You may have seen me haunting these hallowed electronic hallways, to bend the ear of anyone who will listen saying "pssssssst..... have you heard about the real gematria?" :)

Well, in-between hanging out here I managed to write a book, and next week I'm launching The Genesis Wheel upon the world*. But this week RF has kindly allowed me to permission (thank you!) to invite you to pick up a free advance review copy until the 1st August. Basically, you can pick up a free book for yourself in the expectation that you'll leave a review** (even just a few lines would be helpful):

Click this link to download your free book.

I hear you ask, "Why should I read it?" And since you asked me to pitch you, here goes;

The Genesis Wheel is an exploratory romp around the biblical world of number and meaning. It breaks new ground in biblical research to introduce a startling new paradigm that debunks the documentary hypothesis. It presents evidence that the creation story of Genesis was founded upon an alphabetic framework.

From the burning bush to the ascent of Elijah to heaven, there is gematria behind all the miracles and weird happenings in the bible. Not just any type of gematria, but one that was kept a closely guarded secret by ancient Jewish sages to Occult and Freemasonic societies alike. The creation story of Genesis is densely packed with beautiful and elegant gematria at every line, and The Genesis Wheel blows the lid off generations of concealment to finally reveal the truth. The Bible is not the book that everyone thought it was, and although it is one of the oldest and most popular books in the world, it is not even a book that has been thoroughly studied yet.

And if you like the book and you fancy reading it again on your kindle or purchasing a paperback you can pick it up at Amazon by clicking this link.

---------------------------------------
* Exclusively with Amazon.
** I'll send you a one time email in a couple of weeks to remind you, but if you don't have time to leave a review or you forget - don't worry about it. It's not obligatory. Maybe you could just mention the book to a couple of friend of yours over coffee instead? That would be cool. Please feel free to give them the link. :)

Thank you for reading this and feel free to ask questions and leave comments.

Best,
Bethsheba Ashe.

Addendum
A preview of this book has been very well received on academia.edu,
ranking in the top 0.5% of papers.

academia-05.jpg

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Speculation upon speculation. Numerology by its nature is too circular using numbers to find the numbers you want.

This compounded by the questionable origins of Genesis without provenance in history.

Speculation upon speculation. Numerology by its nature is too circular using numbers to find the numbers you want.

This compounded by the questionable origins of Genesis without provenance in history.

I think you mean Gematria rather than Numerology. Would you speak to an astronomer about sun signs? :)

Please don't pre-judge the book before you've read it, shunyadragon. The ancient scribal practice of gematria was not a free-form anything-goes art. There were rather strict scribal conventions associated with it, and you cannot use it to "find the numbers you want". Every bit of addition, subtraction, division or multiplication is indicated by the scribe, just as it would be in a standard bit of modern arithmetic. I shall give you a real example from verse 1:21:

86 + (286 x 10) + 197 + (167 x 10) + 293 = 5106.
Is there any way you can "find the numbers that you want" from this calculation? Of course not.

The practice of biblical gematria was sophisticated and highly structured, and a world away from how modern amateurs practice it today.

Re: dating Genesis. I'm not sure what you mean by "without provenance in history"? The current academic consensus on the providence of Genesis is that it was written in the 6th-5th Century BCE.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Not for me. I prefer the rational and objective tools of Biblical Criticism when it comes to Biblical study. But I believe the New Agers will love having the hypothalamus tickled by your book. Maybe you should market it towards them.

Not for me. I prefer the rational and objective tools of Biblical Criticism when it comes to Biblical study. But I believe the New Agers will love having the hypothalamus tickled by your book. Maybe you should market it towards them.

I'm an INTJ, and if biblical gematria wasn't rational and objective I wouldn't have done any research into it. This is a scholarly work, and I don't believe New Agers would be interested in it. Numerology is more their thing.

The Reverend Bob

I don't believe New Agers would be interested in it.
Nah, they love Kabbalah stuff. Mention the Kabbalah and they'll salivate like Pavlov's dog, if it is as scholarly as you say it is they might not understand but they will at least try to pretend they do. If you want to sell I would market it towards them. It wouldn't hurt to try because people who are into Biblical criticism aren't very interested in Bible codes and such. Have you read about the Samaritan criticism of the Hebrew gematria?

Nah, they love Kabbalah stuff. Mention the Kabbalah and they'll salivate like Pavlov's dog, if it is as scholarly as you say it is they might not understand but they will at least try to pretend they do. If you want to sell I would market it towards them. It wouldn't hurt to try because people who are into Biblical criticism aren't very interested in Bible codes and such. Have you read about the Samaritan criticism of the Hebrew gematria?

They would likely make the same mistake you are making, except they probably wouldn't have a self-correcting intellect.

I am introducing a new paradigm but you're pre-judging it on the merits and demerits of something you already know. Not that I'm comparing myself to the great man, but imagine if the physicists around Einstein had refused to read his work on Special and General Relativity because they already knew everything there was to know about Newtonian Physics?

The Reverend Bob

They would likely make the same mistake you are making, except they probably wouldn't have a self-correcting intellect.

I am introducing a new paradigm but you're pre-judging it on the merits and demerits of something you already know. Not that I'm comparing myself to the great man, but imagine if the physicists around Einstein had refused to read his work on Special and General Relativity because they already knew everything there was to know about Newtonian Physics?
You are comparing Kabbalistic mysticism to Einstein's Theory? You know that there is a difference between mysticism and science? One is based on what I would call the irrational and one is based on the rational. If one is going to study the contents of the Bible I prefer the more rational methods of Biblical criticism.

You are comparing Kabbalistic mysticism to Einstein's Theory? You know that there is a difference between mysticism and science? One is based on what I would call the irrational and one is based on the rational. If one is going to study the contents of the Bible I prefer the more rational methods of Biblical criticism.

The book is not about Kabbalistic mysticism but the ancient scribal practices of Biblical authors.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS

Hello my friends,

You may have seen me haunting these hallowed electronic hallways, to bend the ear of anyone who will listen saying "pssssssst..... have you heard about the real gematria?" :)

Well, in-between hanging out here I managed to write a book, and next week I'm launching The Genesis Wheel upon the world*. But this week RF has kindly allowed me to permission (thank you!) to invite you to pick up a free advance review copy until the 1st August. Basically, you can pick up a free book for yourself in the expectation that you'll leave a review** (even just a few lines would be helpful):

I hear you ask, "Why should I read it?" And since you asked me to pitch you, here goes;

The Genesis Wheel is an exploratory romp around the biblical world of number and meaning. It breaks new ground in biblical research to introduce a startling new paradigm that debunks the documentary hypothesis. It presents evidence that the creation story of Genesis was founded upon an alphabetic framework.

From the burning bush to the ascent of Elijah to heaven, there is gematria behind all the miracles and weird happenings in the bible. Not just any type of gematria, but one that was kept a closely guarded secret by ancient Jewish sages to Occult and Freemasonic societies alike. The creation story of Genesis is densely packed with beautiful and elegant gematria at every line, and The Genesis Wheel blows the lid off generations of concealment to finally reveal the truth. The Bible is not the book that everyone thought it was, and although it is one of the oldest and most popular books in the world, it is not even a book that has been thoroughly studied yet.

And if you like the book and you fancy reading it again on your kindle or purchasing a paperback you can pick it up at Amazon by clicking this link.

** I'll send you a one time email in a couple of weeks to remind you, but if you don't have time to leave a review or you forget - don't worry about it. It's not obligatory. Maybe you could just mention the book to a couple of friend of yours over coffee instead? That would be cool. Please feel free to give them the link. :)

Best,
Bethsheba Ashe.

Sadly, I think by the end of this thread you'll find through a preponderance of the evidence that this is the last place you'll find support for your work. This is not a good place.

However, I on the other hand do wish you every success in your venture.
God Bless.

Sadly, I think by the end of this thread you'll find through a preponderance of the evidence that this is the last place you'll find support for your work. This is not a good place.

However, I on the other hand do wish you every success in your venture.
God Bless.

I think new paradigms are always controversial by their nature, but there are people on this forum who find my work interesting and worth looking into. I hope that further commentators will provide a critic upon the actual work rather than their own assumptions of what it is though. Thanks for your support. :)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I think you mean Gematria rather than Numerology. Would you speak to an astronomer about sun signs? :)

Please don't pre-judge the book before you've read it, shunyadragon. The ancient scribal practice of gematria was not a free-form anything-goes art. There were rather strict scribal conventions associated with it, and you cannot use it to "find the numbers you want". Every bit of addition, subtraction, division or multiplication is indicated by the scribe, just as it would be in a standard bit of modern arithmetic. I shall give you a real example from verse 1:21:

86 + (286 x 10) + 197 + (167 x 10) + 293 = 5106.
Is there any way you can "find the numbers that you want" from this calculation? Of course not.

The practice of biblical gematria was sophisticated and highly structured, and a world away from how modern amateurs practice it today.
I do not consider the claim of sophistication to be meaningful.

I do not consider the Hebrew Numerology (Gematria) to be meaningful beyond what you want it to mean.

Re: dating Genesis. I'm not sure what you mean by "without provenance in history"? The current academic consensus on the providence of Genesis is that it was written in the 6th-5th Century BCE.

As an edited, redacted and compiled from Sumerian, Babylonian, and Canaanite cuneiform documents and Hebrew traditions..

I do not consider the claim of sophistication to be meaningful.

I do not consider the Hebrew Numerology (Gematria) to be meaningful beyond what you want it to mean.

Since you have no knowledge of what ancient Hebrew gematria actually entails then your lack of consideration is not meaningful.

As an edited, redacted and compiled from Sumerian, Babylonian, and Canaanite cuneiform documents and Hebrew traditions..

Actually that is something that my analysis debunks. While there may have been an orally transmitted creation mythology across the ancient near east that informed the broad strokes of the Genesis narrative, the text of Genesis 1-2 is original and could not have been a copy of any text written in a logographic writing script. Moreover my analysis shows Genesis 1 and 2 are contemporary to each other. I not only debunk the documentary hypothesis in my book, I tan its backside afterwards.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
From my understanding all "Bible Codes" have been shown to be only cherry picking of words based on an algorithm that would produce very similar results in other works.

Milton Platt

Hello my friends,

Best,
Bethsheba Ashe.

Addendum
A preview of this book has been very well received on academia.edu,
ranking in the top 0.5% of papers.

academia-05.jpg

It's a shame they cut down a tree to produce this junk.

The Reverend Bob

From my understanding all "Bible Codes" have been shown to be only cherry picking of words based on an algorithm that would produce very similar results in other works.
Gematria is supposedly the story within the Story. The very alphabet of the Hebrew is said to hold more symbolic meaning than just a plain textual device in which to right things down. For example: Aleph is leader, Beta is house, Gimel is walks, Dalet is house, Hey is man. So according the gematria Aleph, Beta, , Gimel, Dalet and Hey is telling a sequential story such as God (leader) walks (Gimel) in the house (Dalet) of man (Hey)