• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "furry" fandom/lifestyle/fetish?

they killed of most of my childhood memory's (bugs bunny will never be the same again :()
but no "hard" feelings

gnomon

I just learned a new term today.

Plushophilia.

Some things I wish I never learned.

Better start keeping my eye out for those over the preteen age browsing the plush fixture at the store.

As for the whole furry thing in general I could care less. Trends come and go and that people seem to label themselves as members of trends or sub-cultures is normal activity. Considering I absolutely refuse to put on a costume for our storytime events at the bookstore pretty much leaves me out of the whole furry loop. Did I just misunderstand it? Don't care.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Very nice stuff! I haven't actually done any art in a long time, but I used to draw a lot, and did a bit of painting (oils). I took four years of art in high school, and during that ended up drawing a lot of animals. I have always been proud of them, and I plan to do more as soon as I get my butt in gear. I also plan to do some anthropomorphized animal paintings. So, very cool stuff there.

EDIT: By the way, thanks for the different look at the furry thing.

Axelfox

Of course one thing i don't get is why furry haters make up lies about us furries and stuff and when we try to correct the lies that they make up,they act like we're starting stuff.

Of course one thing i don't get is why furry haters make up lies about us furries and stuff and when we try to correct the lies that they make up,they act like we're starting stuff.

People are jerks by nature and like poking fun. They also don't like being contradicted. As far as furries I care about them as little as I do any sub-culture. Come to think of it the only people I dislike are hipsters, and even then it's just the really egotistic ones I find myself running into consistently.

Last edited:

Punnchy

Anytime anyone argues with a person who's got such a mindset, your more likely to do things of a nature that will end up annoying the **** out of you personally than actually making a point into their minds that pops the superiority complex bubble.

no-body

I'm fine with peoples paraphilias if they hurt no one else but please please don't compare furries to the struggles within the LGBT community or even hint that it's some sort of sexuality.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm fine with peoples paraphilias if they hurt no one else but please please don't compare furries to the struggles within the LGBT community or even hint that it's some sort of sexuality.
I was unaware any did such a thing.

wa:do

Erebus

I don't see any appeal in the furry subculture whatsoever, but I don't understand why anybody would hate them. Sure, subcultures like vampires, otherkin and furries make me raise an eyebrow, but at the end of the day it's really up to them what they feel comfortable with.

As for the paraphilia side of it, if a girl wants to wear cat ears and purr for me, excellent, just no mascot outfits please :cool:

Smoke

Done here.
Furry fandom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sure anyone who has explored the dark crevices of the internet has encountered or became familiar with this phenomenon. What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

If you mean people who have sex in animal costumes, it seems silly and a little creepy to me, but fetishes I don't share always do. :)

Unappealing, but harmless.

I started in the fur community as an artist, who could draw amazing animals and terrible people... so I started drawing anthropomorphics as a way to bridge the gap.
I still draw them because they are fun, and frankly you can use animals to convey subtle messages based on how animals are viewed culturally.
That's rather a different thing than what I think of when somebody says "furry." I can see that.

I'd rather hang with a group that is keen on animals than a group that dresses as Klingons or elves
I enjoy going to Dragon Con and seeing how people dress up. And I see animals there as well as Klingons and elves. :)