• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "furry" fandom/lifestyle/fetish?

cardero

Citizen Mod
Last edited:

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
The Animal of the internet, whose name may not be mentioned, has given me a strong opinion of furries I simply cannot sway. "KILL IT WITH FIRE" - Anonymous, regarding furries, amongst many other things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I know a furry. An ex-friend. Now he thinks he's a wolf.

It's unappealing to me, and a bit scary. As long as they don't come near me, or my family, let them continue with their strange ways!

PS: Furry cartoon characters are fine. :D And games. I like Sonic.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Reiðrœska;1327907 said:
The Animal of the internet, whose name may not be mentioned, has given me a strong opinion of furries I simply cannot sway. "KILL IT WITH FIRE" - Anonymous, regarding furries, amongst many other things.

If anything, 4channers are far worse than furries could ever hope to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
If anything, Fchanners are far worse than furries could ever hope to be.

Depends on the board. It's not all of 4chan, just the one board that may not be mentioned.

Odion, if he believes he IS a wolf (as apposed to dressing up as one as a furry would), your ex-friend is an otherkin. Furries are strange and to be honest I can tolerate them, despite you-know-what-board's influence on me, but otherkin are just stupid. Still, humanity does get worse. There are otakukin.

Edit: Fchanners, lol.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
You're right Reið... he's also a furry though. Furry, otherkin, and otaku, he is... Loves drawing furries, plays on Furcadia (zomg), draws furry hentai, (....), watches a lot of Naruto, and wears a dog collar (I always asked, why does a wolf wear a dog collar :D). You're right, otherkin are just stupid. I loved asking him for proof he's a wolf though, and then saying he's just insane instead. :D

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Reiðrœska;1327960 said:
Edit: Fchanners, lol.

You know what I meant. 4 chan. :rolleyes: Stumbling across f chan (initial reaction :eek:)is what caused me to start this thread, actually. Still not quite as disturbing as "loli". I'm sure someone somewhere as combined the two, though.

Last edited:

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
You know what I meant. 4 chan. :rolleyes: Stumbling across f chan (initial reaction :eek:)is what caused me to start this thread, actually. Still not quite as disturbing as "loli". I'm sure someone somewhere as combined the two, though.

I know whatcha meant, Mr Bill. :hug:

And Odion, I made a character on furcadia before I realised what the Hell it was. I've had difficulty sleeping ever since.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Reiðrœska;1335368 said:
And Odion, I made a character on furcadia before I realised what the Hell it was. I've had difficulty sleeping ever since.

*pats you on the back*
I know, I know. Me too. My ex-friend like, nagged at me to play it. I played on it about four or five minutes and then left. It's freaky. :faint:

Zephyr

Moved on
Yeah, furries are an abomination. There are few things in the world that are essentially harmless but still instill an intense fury within me. Furries are one of them.

SUFFER NOT THE FURRY TO LIVE! AVE IMPERATOR!

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
There was a CSI episode about furries, and that's the extent of my knowledge and experience with them. :D

I could see myself doing that with a group of friends... like have a party themed "furry". I wonder which animal I'd be...

While I don't think I'd be able to (or want to) immerse myself in this lifestyle, I could see how it can be appealing to others. As long as they are not harming others, I do not see the problem with it.

I can not tell whether those of you who seem vehemently opposed to furries truly feel this way or if you are being silly. What are your reasons for such strong hatred?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
*sigh*

Furries as a whole are one of the most misunderstood groups around.

I should know, as I am by technicality under the umbrella term. I wonder if I seem freakish to all of you?

Yes, there are a great many perverse aspects to 'furry fandom' out there, but you will find that with any fandom. I've seen some fan-fics/art from all kinds of fandoms that would curl your hair.

Not all fur fans are into wearing teddy bear costumes and having random sex, nor are they into sex with animals or think they are literally a cat.

I started in the fur community as an artist, who could draw amazing animals and terrible people... so I started drawing anthropomorphics as a way to bridge the gap.
I still draw them because they are fun, and frankly you can use animals to convey subtle messages based on how animals are viewed culturally.

So frankly as a furry.... suck it .:slap:

I'd rather hang with a group that is keen on animals than a group that dresses as Klingons or elves.

wa:do

Inky

I have no problem with furries, and honestly I think it'd be fun to dress up as an animal for fun at a con or something. My favorite Halloween costumes were always animals. Even for the percentage of furries who get sexual kicks out of it, there are worse fetishes out there that don't get the same overblown bad reputation. I'm starting to think the intense anti-furry groups are doing it mostly for attention, so I just ignore them.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
*sigh*

Furries as a whole are one of the most misunderstood groups around.

I should know, as I am by technicality under the umbrella term. I wonder if I seem freakish to all of you?

Yes, there are a great many perverse aspects to 'furry fandom' out there, but you will find that with any fandom. I've seen some fan-fics/art from all kinds of fandoms that would curl your hair.

Not all fur fans are into wearing teddy bear costumes and having random sex, nor are they into sex with animals or think they are literally a cat.

I started in the fur community as an artist, who could draw amazing animals and terrible people... so I started drawing anthropomorphics as a way to bridge the gap.
I still draw them because they are fun, and frankly you can use animals to convey subtle messages based on how animals are viewed culturally.

So frankly as a furry.... suck it .:slap:

I'd rather hang with a group that is keen on animals than a group that dresses as Klingons or elves.

wa:do

Would you happen to have an online gallery?