• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "furry" fandom/lifestyle/fetish?

no-body

I was unaware any did such a thing.

wa:do
tumblr_kpb96f8r5e1qzvqipo1_500.jpg

As for the paraphilia side of it, if a girl wants to wear cat ears and purr for me, excellent, just no mascot outfits please :cool:

FurryPercentage_5428.jpg

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Furry fandom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sure anyone who has explored the dark crevices of the internet has encountered or became familiar with this phenomenon. What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

Seems harmless enough to me. But I'm sort of an over the top animal lover who also jumps at every opportunity to don a costume, so my perception may be skewered.

Hey - I own a gorilla costume (one never knows when a gorilla costume might come in handy!) - does that make me a furry?

Punnchy

Seems harmless enough to me. But I'm sort of an over the top animal lover who also jumps at every opportunity to don a costume, so my perception may be skewered.

Hey - I own a gorilla costume (one never knows when a gorilla costume might come in handy!) - does that make me a furry?

Do you have a fursona, an animal that you most relate to or believe at times yourself to be?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Do you have a fursona, an animal that you most relate to or believe at times yourself to be?

Well, I really like dogs, and I try to speak their language, like when I'm playing with my dogs I roll over on my back to let them think they are "winning," and I don't look them in the eye for more than a couple of seconds because they think that's confrontational - but no, I don't think I AM a dog.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Nobody... was that about GBLT rights or "furry" rights? There is a significantly high percentage of furs that are also GBLT.

Indeed most furs I know don't see their "furryness" as a social issue in the same way as they see their GBLT identities.

"Furryness" is a fandom (or a fetish)... Some see it as a spiritual thing, but not any more than Star Wars fans do The Force. (indeed less so as there is no "furry church")

So yes, furs are not afraid to admit they are also Gay, Lesbian, Bi or Trans.

I'm sorry if you find that troublesome. Are you against GBLT individuals engaged in the BDSM lifestyle (and the rights to practice it) publicly?

no-body

Nobody... was that about GBLT rights or "furry" rights? There is a significantly high percentage of furs that are also GBLT.

It's incredibly ridiculous no matter what the artist originally meant.

I'm sorry if you find that troublesome. Are you against GBLT individuals engaged in the BDSM lifestyle (and the rights to practice it) publicly?

People can do as they please. But I would find it very troubling if BDSM people marched out in full leather gear for LGTB rights, confusing the issue.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
It's incredibly ridiculous no matter what the artist originally meant.
I'm sorry you think so. There is a lot of ridiculous artwork out there to lots of people.

People can do as they please. But I would find it very troubling if BDSM people marched out in full leather gear for LGTB rights, confusing the issue.
Never been to a pride parade have you?

parade.jpg

TorontoPride2.jpg

Indeed, there may be a little fur pride in there as well. :flirt:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Of course it happens, but all it ends up doing is hurting the cause.
I don't agree. I think pride is about pride. Not about conforming to what others want you to look like. Otherwise why come out at all.

Anyway... the world is full of colors as the GBLT rainbow represents. You may not like green, but the rainbow wouldn't the same without it.

no-body

I don't agree. I think pride is about pride. Not about conforming to what others want you to look like. Otherwise why come out at all.

Anyway... the world is full of colors as the GBLT rainbow represents. You may not like green, but the rainbow wouldn't the same without it.

well that's nice you can want to look like a clown or be naked for your lifestyle but it has nothing to do with much. Look at what happened to the hippies. All you do is retract from the cause. I see where your coming from but I disagree.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
well that's nice you can want to look like a clown or be naked for your lifestyle but it has nothing to do with much. Look at what happened to the hippies. All you do is retract from the cause. I see where your coming from but I disagree.
Yeah, everyone should just wear uniforms.... so no one will look wierd. :rolleyes:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
That is a different fight. Mixing things up will only bog down the message.
"the message" is that we all deserve dignity, respect and the right to live our lives. You may not like the way the person next to you looks, but that doesn't hurt "the message". The fact you walk side by side is "the message".

no-body

"the message" is that we all deserve dignity, respect and the right to live our lives. You may not like the way the person next to you looks, but that doesn't hurt "the message". The fact you walk side by side is "the message".

Yeah good luck with that. Just because it's right dosen't mean it's going to happen right away.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I kinda see it as a social aspect, I personally like to wear ears and a tail whenever I go out.
And this brings up the variety in the fur community. I would have to be pretty drunk and doing it for a lark to wear such things.

You would never know I am within "the fur community" unless you actually got to know me.