• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Far Right Represents Only 6% of U.S. Citizens, Study Says.

sealchan

The Far Right Represents Only 6% of U.S. Citizens, Study Says

Also...

I found this article to be encouraging. It speaks about something I think we were all aware of: the minority extremists scream the loudest and get the most attention. Indicating that they might be as tough as they seem.

Thoughts?

This study doesn't look closely enough about the particular stance people have toward people not like themselves...

First of all, roughly half the people who voted in the last election voted for Trump. Based on another survey, I estimate that about 60% of those people are either explicitly racist or support implicitly racist or xenophobic policies.

So super rough estimate makes that about 33% of the voting population which is just under Trump's lowest approval ratings.

If we can take xenophobia out of the far right then I won't care what percentage they are...so much.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Like you said, the 6% on the Right and the 8% on the Left seem to get all of the media attention and generally ends up being the strawman for the entire party.

This. I've noticed that when it comes to political debates, each side tries to paint the other with their most radical fringe examples. (I.E. antifa, Qanon, SJWs, alt-right, BLM, dominionists, etc.)

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
No surprise.
The "far <something>" would generally be a small percentage.
It's in the nature of being "far".
Right, but the media would have you believe these extremists are the ones driving the boat. Reality is a bit different.