• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Far Right Represents Only 6% of U.S. Citizens, Study Says.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
The Far Right Represents Only 6% of U.S. Citizens, Study Says

Researchers looking into political and social divides in America said in a new study that only 6% of American fit the definition of far right, people who feel that America is under threat and they’re the last line of defense in protecting traditional values with strident uncompromising views. On the other end of the political spectrum, the study identified 8% of Americans as “Progressive Activists” the far left, focused on equity, fairness, and the direction American is taking.

Also...
The study, called “Hidden Tribes,” broke out results into seven categories, with 67% of those surveyed falling into what researchers labeled the “Exhausted Majority.” This largest grouping looks for common ground, has opinions based on situations instead of conforming to strict ideologies—and hates polarization.

I found this article to be encouraging. It speaks about something I think we were all aware of: the minority extremists scream the loudest and get the most attention. Indicating that they might be as tough as they seem.

Thoughts?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Interesting...meanwhile we have a different situation here
66c8f6c4-7cc5-4a25-af66-0de728bd751b_large.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Unfortunately, the far right are not the only folks who vote conservatively, and thus quite often against their own best interests.

Also...

I found this article to be encouraging. It speaks about something I think we were all aware of: the minority extremists scream the loudest and get the most attention. Indicating that they might be as tough as they seem.

Thoughts?

I was going to post a thread about this study a while back, but never got round to it.

The most interesting findings for me related to how remarkably unpopular the extreme PC culture of the group termed 'progressive activists' was.

"Whites are ever so slightly less likely than average to believe that political correctness is a problem in the country: 79 percent of them share this sentiment. Instead, it is Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87percent), and American Indians (88 percent) who are most likely to oppose political correctness... Three quarters of African Americans oppose political correctness. This means that they are only four percentage points less likely than whites, and only five percentage points less likely than the average, to believe that political correctness is a problem."

The problem is that most of this group will never accept this as they tend to be completely impervious to reason as, for them, it is often a sacred quest which defines their identity and sense of worth in the manner of a religious zealot.

"Progressive activists" are ironically the biggest hinderance to the progressive cause, and a major enabler of the far right as when you stretch labels like racism and white supremacism so that they cover over half the population of Western countries they have a much diluted effect when they need to be applied to actual racists and white supremacists (repeat for all other forms of prejudice).

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Also...

Thoughts?

Like you said, the 6% on the Right and the 8% on the Left seem to get all of the media attention and generally ends up being the strawman for the entire party.

Quetzal

Premium Member
The most interesting findings for me related to how remarkably unpopular the extreme PC culture of the group termed 'progressive activists' was.

"Whites are ever so slightly less likely than average to believe that political correctness is a problem in the country: 79 percent of them share this sentiment. Instead, it is Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87percent), and American Indians (88 percent) who are most likely to oppose political correctness... Three quarters of African Americans oppose political correctness. This means that they are only four percentage points less likely than whites, and only five percentage points less likely than the average, to believe that political correctness is a problem."
That is interesting, but not entirely surprising, right? The extreme left seen so often on college campuses are intolerable to discuss much of anything with.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Also...
Thoughts?

I figured the far-right were a greater minority than that and figure that the white supremacists that actually do commit violent crimes almost negligible as in the %0.0001 or less range but that does not mean the media and politicians will not assure us that there is a racist under every bed and a white supremacist waiting to kill minorities around every corner.

Bi- partisan support for a bill in congress on CSPAN

CNN headlines that night- "Bitter Battle in Washington"

Quetzal

Premium Member
I figured the far-right were a greater minority than that and figure that the white supremacists that actually do commit violent crimes almost negligible as in the %0.0001 or less range but that does not mean the media and politicians will not assure us that there is a racist under every bed and a white supremacist waiting to kill minorities around every corner.

Bi- partisan support for a bill in congress on CSPAN

CNN headlines that night- "Bitter Battle in Washington"
I lost a lot of respect for CNN in the way they handled the various shootings, click bait titles in lieu of factual information every time. This happens across a majority of the media platforms, but since you brought up CNN...

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Looking at the current status of US politics all this tells me is that Americans have forgotten that our left is most other first world countries right, and we're seeking apologetics for our own radicalization.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member

Also...

Thoughts?

How much does the Far Left represent? If its a comparatively low number, maybe we could ship both groups off to their own island so the rest of the population could live a bit more peacefully.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Thoughts?

Always the case, whether you're talking right or left. Most people are logically center-of-the-road, and vote for whomever they like regardless of party. Also, the minority is the most vocal in most cases whether you're talking social activists or bible thumpers.

Anyway, I generally disregard anyone that participates in the extremes rather immediately because they often hold contradictory opinions.

Quetzal

Premium Member
How much does the Far Left represent? If its a comparatively low number, maybe we could ship both groups off to their own island so the rest of the population could live a bit more peacefully.
Wouldn't that be nice? I believe the left has a small numerical advantage (if you can even call it that). The article says they coast in around 8% for the extreme progressive types.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Aren't you a White Nationalist?

Lmao

Yeah, no. But, hey, I don't blame you for trying. I'm pro-White (because it's my heritage, and honor it), but that's not the exactly the same thing, eh? You can support something without being against other things. Devil is the details, not that that seems to stop you from blurting inane banter at your earliest convenience.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Looking at the current status of US politics all this tells me is that Americans have forgotten that our left is most other first world countries right, and we're seeking apologetics for our own radicalization.
Really? I drew a different conclusion.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Well, who's letting them scream so loud?!?!?

It used to be quite peaceful until after a certain election.
The media is a big catalyst, I think. People like to read about the nutters. The media gives them the nutters. The nutters get more nutty. Rinse and repeat.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Ah, my mistake :rolleyes:

Yeah, I realize that being pro-White and Nazi are probably the same to you or something. It's not true, but when does that stop you people, lol.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd be pro-black if I was or pro-yellow if I was, and so on, lol. It's not exactly an ideological position -- I just respect my ancestors.