• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end of science?

Cockadoodledoo

You’re going to get me!
Do you think we’ll ever reach the end of scientific knowledge, before all life in the universe dies?
And where will this knowledge get us......will all life in the universe eventually die anyway?
Or is it too early to tell?
And do you think many present day scientists have thought about the end (or not) of science?

David T

Premium Member
I sincerely hope not.
Science will only end if we know everything. I love mystery, things that are unknown.
I say the same thing about art. Some Physicists are even starting to think that a TOE isn't reasoned but confused.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you think we’ll ever reach the end of scientific knowledge, before all life in the universe dies?
And where will this knowledge get us......will all life in the universe eventually die anyway?
And do you think many present day scientists have thought about the end (or not) of science?
We are limited by our abilities and the physical makeup of instrumentation. I think there's an event horizon that arguably can't be crossed.

David T

Premium Member
That's why they are physicists and not biologists!!
That's a bit like a mathematician commenting on Shakespeare.
LOL OMG PERFECT!!!! FYI There are different biologist types as well. There are some who actually spend time out of The lab, and some.who have no idea there is anything more than The lab!!!! . Here is a link to the Elwa river reclamation. The young scientists sound more like john muir and less like Steven hawkings and gang!!! This is a place where government is doing something very right on so many levels as shocking as that is. Worth reading and very worth visiting. It's a stunning story.

Elwha River Restoration - Olympic National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Jumi

I'm pretty sure humans will die out from humankind's greed, rigid beliefs and all kinds of partying, entertainment and stupidity before we even get ourselves out of this solar system.

Skipper

Wrong is wrong,/ Make America moral again.
If we knew everything, i.e. the end of science, then we would know as much as God knows and that is never going to happen.

Cockadoodledoo

You’re going to get me!

Given enough time, will the study of scientific knowledge lead all of humanity to an eternal afterlife, or is an eternal afterlife the exclusive domain of God?

Cockadoodledoo

You’re going to get me!
Should one have hope in just God,
Or is it wise to take the worst case scenario and put all hope in Science?

I think it’s probably wise to have hope in both God and Science, but I don’t know how this would go down with the religious community. I think they want your undivided attention!

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

"scientific knowledge" will increase as long as the Universe and life exists, please.
Regards

Cockadoodledoo

You’re going to get me!
"scientific knowledge" will increase as long as the Universe and life exists, please.
Regards

Scientific knowledge will increase as long as life exists.
The universe may just be our current house.
Scientific knowledge may enable the next house to be constructed.
And so life continues, and science goes on!