• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "End" of Religion

Ellen Brown

Atheists, there is no need to be dancing in the aisles.

Taking the long view, after the end times and the return of the Messiah, or who ever we believe in, will there still be Baptists, Mormons, Catholics or any other religion? I haven't seen any indication that there will be. I read that "The nations will come to the Holy City to worship". Will we still be separated into nations?

There is a certain group that is pushing quite hard for Ancestral studies. Is the real purpose of them to parse us out to the nations?

My own thought on the matter is that there will not be any denominations at all. Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists and all the rest will now see the Creator as he is. Why would we need any denominations?

Will the Jews be proven to be the Chosen of the Creator? Will they run the anvils of the Heavens?

What about those who will have a room in the house of God, and have an everlasting name that will not be taken away? Isaiah 56:4-5

Paul said, "I once knew a man who had been caught up to the third Heaven"...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My own thought on the matter is that there will not be any denominations at all. Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists and all the rest will now see the Creator as he is. Why would we need any denominations?

I agree that separatist claims that "mine is better than yours" will disappear. People will freely choose to use whatever feels helpful from any religious tradition or make up their own.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Atheists, there is no need to be dancing in the aisles.
What does that expression mean, Ellen? I don't have a good grasp of it.

Taking the long view, after the end times and the return of the Messiah, or who ever we believe in, will there still be Baptists, Mormons, Catholics or any other religion? I haven't seen any indication that there will be. I read that "The nations will come to the Holy City to worship". Will we still be separated into nations?

Logically, that sounds unlikely. Nations are artificial enough when we are alive.

There is a certain group that is pushing quite hard for Ancestral studies. Is the real purpose of them to parse us out to the nations?

You would have to ask them, but I am fairly sure that there are many such groups. People have such a natural curiosity.

Will the Jews be proven to be the Chosen of the Creator? Will they run the anvils of the Heavens?

What about those who will have a room in the house of God, and have an everlasting name that will not be taken away? Isaiah 56:4-5

Paul said, "I once knew a man who had been caught up to the third Heaven"...

Religion is IMO a tool for the living, not the dead.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhh...cognizance after death...what's that ?
There's no religion there...is there ?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Taking the long view, after the end times and the return of the Messiah, or who ever we believe in, will there still be Baptists, Mormons, Catholics or any other religion? I haven't seen any indication that there will be.

You might when you start learning about religions that do not believe in an "end times" or "return of the Messiah." Neither of these apply to my own religious affiliations, so there is no reason to believe that Unitarian Universalism, contemporary Paganism, or Druidry would somehow stop being a thing.

I have a feeling that "ancestral studies" means something very different to me than it does to you. Could you explain what it means to you?

Ellen Brown

What does that expression mean, Ellen? I don't have a good grasp of it.

I think is an American idiom that springs from Charismatic Christian Churches where the worshipers would get so happy, they danced in the aisles?

Logically, that sounds unlikely. Nations are artificial enough when we are alive.

Perhaps?

You would have to ask them, but I am fairly sure that there are many such groups. People have such a natural curiosity.

Religion is IMO a tool for the living, not the dead.

In the Abrahamic belief systems, there is a further life in a Heaven that is not well defined.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have heard of that. Somehow it never seemed very significant, although I know that many people feel otherwise.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists and all the rest will now see the Creator as he is. Why would we need any denominations?

That is how I see it also. No need for denominations. Denominations are like different universities with different classrooms. The goal of all is to pass the exam = "To Be"

Sai Baba said about Sanathana Dharma: "There is only 1 religion, the religion of Love". This makes sense to me, more sense than religion.
Sanatana Dharma - वेद Veda

Sanatana Dharma is by its very essence a term that is devoid of sectarian leanings or ideological divisions. This is evident by the very term itself. The two words, "Sanatana Dharma", come from the ancient Sanskrit language. "Sanatana" is a Sanskrit word that denotes that which which is Anadi (beginningless), Anantha (endless) and does not cease to be, that which is eternal and everlasting. With its rich connotations, Dharma is not translatable to any other language. Dharma is from dhri, meaning to hold together, to sustain. Its approximate meaning is "Natural Law," or those principles of reality which are inherent in the very nature and design of the universe. Thus the term Sanatana Dharma can be roughly translated to mean "the natural, ancient and eternal way."

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I agree that separatist claims that "mine is better than yours" will disappear. People will freely choose to use whatever feels helpful from any religious tradition or make up their own.

Hopeful on my part for the long long term, the human ego is an enduring influence on the desire for an exclusive sense of belonging of exclusive community. Secret Societies are the ultimate arrogance for this desired identity.

Religion is simply the nature of human belief in many variable belief systems and non-belief systems, and personal constructions. Some organised, some disorganized, and whatever. Religion will not end until humanity ends.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The Bible actually describes the destruction of all religion that dishonors God, destroyed by the world's political element, at Revelation 17 and 18.

The harlot, Babylon the Great, is called a harlot because, instead of being loyal to and supporting Jehovah God's Sovereignty, she supports man made rulerships, i.e., "committing fornication", even to the point of killing others.

Ellen Brown

The Bible actually describes the destruction of all religion that dishonors God, destroyed by the world's political element, at Revelation 17 and 18.

The harlot, Babylon the Great, is called a harlot because, instead of being loyal to and supporting Jehovah God's Sovereignty, she supports man made rulerships, i.e., "committing fornication", even to the point of killing others.

I wonder what section will contain Baptists, and what Catholics, and what Mormons?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Unfortunately many of the churches accuse everyone else of being the evil religion.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
It’s my personal view that the ideas which cause prejudice and discrimination we will grow out of and this will give way to a more broad acceptance of all people as being part of the family of man no matter which race, religion or nationality.

Humanity seems to be fed up with racism, discrimination and religious fanaticism and seems to prefer and be leaning towards reconciliation and peace.

Religions claiming superiority are turning people off as we see that we are all equal fellow humans. None is born superior to another.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well, if these institutions are involved in conflict and war.....

Actually, no this not the reason for the accusations. Jehovah Witnesses accuse ALL others of being evil religions, and many churches and other religions accuse Jehovah Witnesses as evil religion. No wars or involved in these accusations.