• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The End Is Near!!!

The Grey Wolf

ehT daM s'doG daM goD
I wasnt really sure were to put this sooo...

THE END IS NEAR!!! THE ANTI-CHRIST IS UPON US!!! Why do I say this you ask? Well...
The sign of the beast or whatever is 666, right? Well, my theory is the anti-christ will either be born or make his public apearance on June 6 of this year! (6/6/06)
Whatcha think? It hold water or does it leak like a siv? :D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
The Grey Wolf said:

THE END IS NEAR!!! THE ANTI-CHRIST IS UPON US!!! Why do I say this you ask? Well...
The sign of the beast or whatever is 666, right? Well, my theory is the anti-christ will either be born or make his public apearance on June 6 of this year! (6/6/06)
not to be pedantic, but how does 6606 resemble 666?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
The Grey Wolf said:

. . . . If you believe in that sort of thing. . . . I think it leaks more like a collander than a sieve. I don't believe an Abrahamic God would really care about a dating system invented by his subjects when he should be timeless and impossible to compare with.

may

The Grey Wolf said:

the end of manmade goverments are near their end, manmade goverments miss the mark of perfection. the number 7 represents earthly completeness ,so 666 is missing the mark of perfection in a big way , 3 times to make a point i would say ,manmade goverments are on the way out , out with the old in with the new.
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom(goverment) that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms,(manmade goverments) and it itself will stand to times indefinite daniel 2;44

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come...matthew 24;14 the end of manmade goverments not the end of the world

A

angellous_evangellous

The Grey Wolf said:

It leaks like a siv.)(

Gosh, I hope the anti-Christ doesn't come in 2006! *bites fingernails*

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Grey Wolf said:

My friend Ori is correct; the number of the beast has been 'downgraded' to 616;

From http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134
Satanists, apocalypse watchers and heavy metal guitarists may have to adjust their demonic numerology after a recently deciphered ancient biblical text revealed that 666 is not the fabled Number of the Beast after all.
A fragment from the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, dating to the Third century, gives the more mundane 616 as the mark of the Antichrist.
Ellen Aitken, a professor of early Christian history at McGill University, said the discovery appears to spell the end of 666 as the devil's prime number.
"This is a very nice piece to find," Dr. Aitken said. "Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast."
The tiny fragment of 1,500-year-old papyrus is written in Greek, the original language of the New Testament, and contains a key passage from the Book of Revelation.
Where more conventional versions of the Bible give 666 as the "number of the beast," or the sign of the anti-Christ whose coming is predicted in the book's apocalyptic verses, the older version uses the Greek letters signifying 616.
"This is very early confirmation of that number, earlier than any other text we've found of that passage," Dr. Aitken said. "It's probably about 100 years before any other version."
The fragment was part of a hoard of previously illegible manuscripts discovered in an ancient garbage dump outside the Egyptian city of Oxyrhynchus. Although the papyrus was first excavated in 1895, it was badly discoloured and damaged. Classics scholars at Oxford University were only recently able to read it using new advanced imaging techniques.
Elijah Dann, a professor of philosophy and religion at the University of Toronto, said the new number is unlikely to make a dent in the popularity of 666.
"Otherwise, a lot of sermons would have to be changed and a lot of movies rewritten," he said with a laugh. "There's always someone with an active imagination who can put another interpretation on it.
The Bible
Bible versions
English Bible Translation Comparison
Amazon.com's Bible Finder
Bible contradictions and difficulties

Additional research resources on the Bible

"It just shows you that when you study something as cryptic and mystic as the Book of Revelation there's an almost unlimited number of interpretations."

A

angellous_evangellous

michel said:
My friend Ori is correct; the number of the beast has been 'downgraded' to 616;

From http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134
Satanists, apocalypse watchers and heavy metal guitarists may have to adjust their demonic numerology after a recently deciphered ancient biblical text revealed that 666 is not the fabled Number of the Beast after all.
A fragment from the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, dating to the Third century, gives the more mundane 616 as the mark of the Antichrist.
Ellen Aitken, a professor of early Christian history at McGill University, said the discovery appears to spell the end of 666 as the devil's prime number.
"This is a very nice piece to find," Dr. Aitken said. "Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast."
The tiny fragment of 1,500-year-old papyrus is written in Greek, the original language of the New Testament, and contains a key passage from the Book of Revelation.
Where more conventional versions of the Bible give 666 as the "number of the beast," or the sign of the anti-Christ whose coming is predicted in the book's apocalyptic verses, the older version uses the Greek letters signifying 616.
"This is very early confirmation of that number, earlier than any other text we've found of that passage," Dr. Aitken said. "It's probably about 100 years before any other version."
The fragment was part of a hoard of previously illegible manuscripts discovered in an ancient garbage dump outside the Egyptian city of Oxyrhynchus. Although the papyrus was first excavated in 1895, it was badly discoloured and damaged. Classics scholars at Oxford University were only recently able to read it using new advanced imaging techniques.
Elijah Dann, a professor of philosophy and religion at the University of Toronto, said the new number is unlikely to make a dent in the popularity of 666.
"Otherwise, a lot of sermons would have to be changed and a lot of movies rewritten," he said with a laugh. "There's always someone with an active imagination who can put another interpretation on it.
The Bible
Bible versions
English Bible Translation Comparison
Amazon.com's Bible Finder
Bible contradictions and difficulties

Additional research resources on the Bible

"It just shows you that when you study something as cryptic and mystic as the Book of Revelation there's an almost unlimited number of interpretations."
So the anti-Christ is coming on 6/16/06?! Damn!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
angellous_evangellous said:
So the anti-Christ is coming on 6/16/06?! Damn!
That's a good point; in the States, you have the Date format as MM/DD/YY, whilst here in the UK, we have ours as DD/MM/YY.................I guess that means the Anti-Christ won't be stopping off in the U.K..........he's going straight on to you!:eek:

A

angellous_evangellous

michel said:
That's a good point; in the States, you have the Date format as MM/DD/YY, whilst here in the UK, we have ours as DD/MM/YY.................I guess that means the Anti-Christ won't be stopping off in the U.K..........he's going straight on to you!:eek:
He better stay away from Texas. :mad:

Bring it!!! Knockout

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Ori, michel, thank you both! I learned something new!
As far as 666...er...616 goes, I don't think we will know what it means until after the fact.​
:p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My mom said the same thing. And I had a similiar repsonse of
not to be pedantic, but how does 6606 resemble 666?
Maybe me and some friends will pull of some prank July 6th, to make it seem the Anti-Christ is making an appearance. I might also have to somehow edit Slipknots Heretic Anthem to say if your 555 then I'm 616. That might be abit difficult. That finding just threw everything off.

Bangbang

Ok.......how bout this....I had three 9's in my first adress...my birth date is 9/15/51....my social security card has three 6's in it.:biglaugh:

FFH

Veteran Member
Wow, I actually think there is something to that. Grey Wolf you are brilliant. I really think you are right on. We will see what happens. Any guess as to what country he will be from?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
FFH said:
Wow, I actually think there is something to that. Grey Wolf you are brilliant. I really think you are right on. We will see what happens. Any guess as to what country he will be from?
We don't need to guess. Anyone who's seen Martha Stewart before already knows. . .

FFH

Veteran Member
This would be the right time frame from what I have studied. The end truely is near.

Master Vigil

People have been thinking the end is near since Christ died. I doubt this year will be any different then the past.